Suggestions on how to fight the current meta SK decks with NR?

+
Suggestions on how to fight the current meta SK decks with NR?

Getting the hang of NR but a lot of times nowdays I kept facing SK Bears+Axemen+Shieldmaiden+Mogvarg deck. I don't really want to go that "If you can't beat them, join them" route....yet.
Any general suggestions on how to fight them with NR decks?
For instance, what do I try to kill first, bear or Axeman? (They can still revive it too so it's annoying.)

Well basically you gotta go control yourself. Either by playing a deck like Swims Machine Deck, or trying to go weather + strong golds yourself.

Usually I feel like Axemen are the biggest threat, which is why banishing these cards from the game seems like a good idea to me. Also NR has a lot of units that come with Armor - this seems to be an advantage because S. Bear can't really hurt you enough to trigger Axeman right away or give your opponent an opportunity to use the Shieldmaidens.

Yeah the boys are right you need to switch playstyle if you really struggle against SK.Perdonally im 50/50 against them on my RH tempo mainly because they scree my Sergeant/Commandos.After switching them for 3 adepts and 3 frosts i was doing better.But then i started having problems against consume decks (which i didnt used to have)

I run a variation of Machines+Witchers deck and has positive win percentage against SK now. I think we have to prioritize the Axemen.
Still.... almost everyone I played today on ladder is SK it's getting a bit stale.

Another question would be, for Machine/Witchers which cards are better?
Silver slot: Dethmold or Thaler?
Gold slot: Igni, Kiera, or Renew?

I don't play NR that often but should you be running Dandelion, I'd go with renew.

Silver slot is tricky... depends on how vulnerable you feel against weather. I think both cards are really good.

Im going to try Regis today and see if i can screw their strategy by making them waste their res cards early in the game.As for removals im running Margarita,Dethmold and Phillipa.I think im going to replace Vernon Roche(Even uf it pains me).Maybe adding Decoy for Margarita is the answer.Also Shani is a must in any NR deck.

As a Skellige player I can say that NR machines with armor giving units is very strong against Skellige. They're my nemesis at the moment, because all the buffed creatures and armor are hindering me from playing my clan shield maidens and the armor also helps a lot against weather cards and bears (although I don't play bears).

I played monsters before but they don't stand a chance against either SK or NR so I had to switch to SK because I just don't like NR (kind of find the units in NR very boring).

I have had success with having a couple of combos handy (reaver Hunters, Kaedweni, Temerian Knights with Dande) and pushing SK hard in the first round.

I play Henselt river hunters deck with double witchers combo by nenneke and some siege support. is high tempo play style and i find SK very problematic becouse of fact that i play a lot of units on board. At the moment SK axeman is OP and imortant to know is that improving your NR deck against Sk will weeken it against other decks.

1. The best option is of course a card advantage!!!!!! and something like GERALT IGNI in last say is a game winner. To make it works better you can go for ROYAL DECREE to help you find it

2. Axeman is getting power full in long rounds so make sure that after winning round one, you`ll blead him from card as much as possible to make round 3 as short as posible!!! if you loosing round make him to put max effort , i think early pass is a mistake. Most axeman is played in round three becouse of veteran status so make round three short to disadvantage oponent.

3. One of good ansvers for axeman is a very elegant epic card
SILE DE TANSRVILE alouds you to play a bronze card from your hand then draw a card from your deck, best bronze card along with it will be MARDROEME with SPORES option to reset a unit and weeken by 3 witch in round one and two discard axeman.

Strong side of this combo is that you dont have to counter axeman straight after is played like with balista or dimeritium shackles you can let them grow making your oponent sure that he protect win and use it as round finisher. Also you can decoy it or in the event if you dont have SILE on hand you can just use MARDROME directly without SILE lossing your 6 strainght and discret card advantage but still winning game that way.

Week side of it is that in NR deck is not enough space for spell cards and this combo take at least 1 silver and 2 or 3 bronze slots and destroy potential of NR in tempo game against everything else then axeman.

Im not high rank player or advanced gwent player and all of it is just my own toughts on the subject

Nammu2

That video was before the patch. The tables have turned for machine decks, so I wouldn't recommend trying it now.

4RM3D;n9112220 said:
Nammu2

That video was before the patch. The tables have turned for machine decks, so I wouldn't recommend trying it now.

I already did and it was sad.... I have a decent deck at rank 11 and it's virtually imposible to defeat a good SKEL or NILF deck, unless u make a specially designed toggler, shackler, deck that cant be used for anything else.

Sadly, NRealms have good combos, but not strong enough to defeat anyone else.

Nammu2;n9112770 said:
I already did and it was sad.... I have a decent deck at rank 11 and it's virtually imposible to defeat a good SKEL or NILF deck, unless u make a specially designed toggler, shackler, deck that cant be used for anything else.

Sadly, NRealms have good combos, but not strong enough to defeat anyone else.

are you kidding?

here's my current NR deck - having no problems winning with it:
http://gwentify.com/decks/temerity-3-0/

The deck has multiple high tempo plays - Foltest turns Witchers into crones, Dandelion nakes them do scary things. Shuffle the witchers back in with Nenneke, and either reanimate one with Shani, or get them back with reinforcement. After a couple of Kaedweni Sargeants, and tapping one with Dandelion, Temerian Infantry brings ~20 points to the table, not bad for a single bronze card.

cgidiot;n9113360 said:
are you kidding?

here's my current NR deck - having no problems winning with it:
http://gwentify.com/decks/temerity-3-0/

The deck has multiple high tempo plays - Foltest turns Witchers into crones, Dandelion nakes them do scary things. Shuffle the witchers back in with Nenneke, and either reanimate one with Shani, or get them back with reinforcement. After a couple of Kaedweni Sargeants, and tapping one with Dandelion, Temerian Infantry brings ~20 points to the table, not bad for a single bronze card.

How do you avoid getting busted by an early scorch or Epidemic? The strong base is a Witcher - Dandelion - Nanase interaction....

there are several ways to de-sync your units against scorch/epidemic.

Dandelion is good for that - I like to buff one witcher, one TI, and one BS commando - that way the witchers are 6/8/9, and buffing one scout and one blue stripe means he will come out on the infantryman, rather than the second sargeant, so you can play Foltest, one sarge, then dandelion, then second sarge, and your TI will be 6/6/8 with another 8 coming from a blue stripe.

Then there's nenneke, operator, and, if you need it - one reaver hunter can serve as a scorch shield. Or you can hide behind your oponent's units, since your guys tend to be 8 or lower.
I honestly don't have a problem with scorch, and even with scorch, hunters are still brutal - last night played right into a 30 point scorch (knowing my opponent had it, because he played schirru), only to get the trio (5 point burn), and still won by ~15 points.

That, or winning round 1 at -1 card, and the sensible thing would have been to open with a pass, to get back to even cards and going second, but I said "hell with it" and still rode the hunters to victory - whoever said the nerf from 6 to 4 wasn't justified must be feeling pretty dumb right now.

I play quite standard NR cavalry buff deck and never had problem with SK wounding deck, mainly because of armor as many mentioned before me. Primary units are Redanian Knights, Elects and DunB Heavy Cavalry, then some Elites to cover 3rd round and Dandelioned DunB Light Cavalry as element of surprise. Combination of Scorch+Margarita+Mushrooms is enough to deal with bloated Xmen (but only after they bring me precious Light Cavalry ;) ). It works even better after last patch because Redanian Knights can now go to where weather is... :)

It is SK strengthening deck that gives me trouble because it can grow in power faster than me and really strong Skirmishers in 3rd round are hard to overcome.

Honestly I think the current meta is quiet easy to handle with enough control in your deck.
I always run at least a couple pure removal spells (usually two copy of Alzur's thunder but some of my lists has different ones depending on the synergy of the deck), either Igni or Scorch and one or two lock options.

Obviously it also depend on the general strategy of the deck (a control deck would have more removal option as you may imagine) but I have no problem winning with any of them. Even my NR decks are doing just fine especially considering that most of my loss are due to mistakes that I make rather than my deck not being good enough (and I already win more often than I lose).

I made this thread before the patch XD
SK is still strong but usually it's my own mistake/ bad draws that did me in now. Strenghten QG is a bit of a problem tho but nothing overwhelming like last patch Axemen.

Top Bottom