Blue Stripes Scout OP!

+
Blue Stripes Scout OP!

They remove weather and have crewman tag, i understand that its required for machines decks.
But 2 points of ARMOR makes them untouchable!
I cant kill them with alzur thunder so when i use wildhounds they draw another from deck with reaver scout!
Make Armor 1 point so i can freeze their asses, because they have aretuza with rain that destroy me,
i cant pull 3 grifins from deck, but they can pull 3 Blue Stripes Scout , not fair...

NR as a faction is a pain in the ass for us monsters players because of armor ( the ultimate anti frost mecanic in game)and because most of our units are similar in strength which is a heaven to their machines. ( hitting several units at once several times)

Well yes, let's nerf the only crewman that has any chance to stay on the board because it's not like Monsters are much more played faction with higher win rate.

There's something to this complaint and I do think that cards like that in general should cap at 7 points, so it's in A. Thunder range.
At the same time Monster players can't really complain about it, since for example Arachas Behemoth can be just as problematic.

Last edited:
devivre;n9053720 said:
There's something to this complaint and I do think that cards like that in general should cap at 7 points, so it's in A. Thunder range.
At the same time Monster players can't really complain about it, since for example Arachas Behemoth can be just as problematic.

Sure but you can't really complain about BSS when there are bronze the out value it by double and more and BSS is in line with regular bronze value. It doesn't help that you need to use your BSS as crew man and whether clear. So sometimes you need that crewman but you also need to wait for weather. If you take into account that setting up machines takes time then that two armor is justified.
In the end is still just 7 str bronze nothing to cry about.

MO has very very powerful golds in comparison to NR. MO can use whether and don't lose tempo at all which is really disgusting and there is no way to clear it unless you get lucky in 1 in 10 matches.
So crying about that 2 armor when you have ability to abuse whether doesn't really make sense.

i dont run much weather, only 2 hounds. and like i said aretuza with rain is deadly if i have one grifin in hand, i cant pull others from deck like NR can.
So NR can abuse weather more :)

Yes, it is overstatted as a part of "Save the NR" campaign. And yes, making obvious powercreep cards as patches for balance issues is a problematic approach. But trouble isnt realy BSS itself, trouble is in ballistas. To be more precise, its the fact that monsters, regardless of archtype you use, have no access to power staggering and most units sit in very close power range. For WH its 3-5-6-5/7 for example. Resultatively, crewman tag specifiicly against monsters is extremely powerfull. Depending on NR players hand, it can easily outvalue, for example, Nithral. Who is silver and has 4+2 stats.
In the end, changes to BSS are unlikely untill devs decide what to do with weather. And since there is no simple solution in sight, well, we wait.

lomvicmarko;n9055770 said:

If it were just 7 str. (or 5 + 2, or 6+ 1) there would be no such discussion.

It is 6 + 2. That's the issue (as should be clear from my post).
Also because it synergizes well with Machines and can cause a lot of additional damage to units with the same strength which can be very tricky for Monsters. So it's definitely a card you want to get rid of in some cases.

Last edited:
lomvicmarko;n9055770 said:
Griffin is 7 str bronze with nothing to cry about. If there is no weather played it does nothing else than give +7.
BSS isn't that simple. It has overall +8 durability and even when played on row without weather it will boost machines played next to him. It is strong even if opponent has 0 weather cards and you will benefit on the crew perk as opponent can't destroy him easily.

devivre;n9056390 said:
If it were just 7 str. (or 5 + 2, or 6+ 1) there would be no such discussion.

It is 6 + 2. That's the issue (as should be clear from my post).
Also because it synergizes well with Machines and can cause a lot of additional damage to units with the same strength which can be very tricky for Monsters. So it's definitely a card you want to get rid of in some cases.

With foltest its 7+2 but raw value is 7.

Well it is a little bit harder to removed but that is fine because crew man cards are always going to be high priority targets and it is not like you don't have tools to deal with it. for example using igni to take out two BSS is solid play and you might have ability to scorch/epidemic it as well. Then there is lock.
You can damage whole row and finish it with something else. You

I really don't see issue with BSS it is far from problematic since even if it was changed from 6+2 to just 7 it will still going to get buffed by foltest to 8 and then you are in same place. Hell BSS with raw 7 and no armor would be buff for the card since it would get +1 value.

MrRagdoll;n9074500 said:
Griffin is 7 str bronze with nothing to cry about. If there is no weather played it does nothing else than give +7.
BSS isn't that simple. It has overall +8 durability and even when played on row without weather it will boost machines played next to him. It is strong even if opponent has 0 weather cards and you will benefit on the crew perk as opponent can't destroy him easily.

Dude, Machines now are so nerfed... they tottaly suck. 1 dmg to enemies in a row? 2 when they are positioned aside a crewman 1? OK... 3 if u can put the machine between 2 cremans... (which is not that easy by the way) ... RLY? Almost any spell does a lot more than that with a better surprise element.
There is no Machine deck that can overtake a good Monster deck... and wining is even less probable if you go against Nilfs or Skells. There is not enough damage on those siege machines....

Monster deck has nothing to complain about with Arpies eggs breaking on 2nd round (not totally effective but troublesome), Resilient blood-sucking monsters, hiper-boosted nekkers getting back from the dead or directly from the deck ... and (dums) one of the most op combos on the game for 2nd and 3rd rounds : Kayran + Renew...

On NRealms we have nothing alike and i guess that make us even. Forget the folgets... come to the "bloodsucking" side.

machines are great with blody baron who is guaranteed to drop in 3round, i draw filthy bronzes in round 3 and radovid has blody baron+bork
i kept shakles to lock baron and steal with sucubus but i cant lock bork sametime!

Last edited:
Maybe, save your A Thunders for the machines when they are deployed? Might work better, no machines, crewman useless.

Monster has nothing to complain about BSS.
Sure it is a good card but Monster has tons of good cards as well.
Like the freaking harpies. They do too much for a single card. They get eaten and spawn harpies and if you are lucky it would proc another deathwish minion ( ex. Earth elemental ). Me as a NR player would always has this conflicting decision about the harpies. Do I kill the eggs with my ballista or letting them live. Which is a lose - lose scenario since if i kill it the enemy would have +4 str and there's a huge chance of the baby harpies spawning beside an earth elemental which procs it. And if i let the eggs live there's a chance it would get eaten which makes the scenario before gets much more worser.
And those 2 scenario requires a pretty simple set up. And that's only 1 card , there are much more card from monster deck that gives me a huge headache if they play it.

So yeah even if BSS is pretty strong but it can't carry the game on its own and relies on the ballista / other machines which requires a heavy set up to be worthwhile.

can someone explain the crew man mechanic a little more to me please? it gets various machines to fire again? i don't have anything other than reinforced trebuchet due to major budget deck from milling and i got rid of those before fully understanding crew men.

Cardzilla

Crewmen enables the Fresh Crew (deploy) ability. That's basically it. For every Crewmen the Fresh Crew ability gets increased. For maximum effect you would first play 2 Crewmen next to each other and then a Fresh Crew in between them.

esra01;n9183231 said:
Monster has nothing to complain about BSS.
Sure it is a good card but Monster has tons of good cards as well.
Like the freaking harpies. They do too much for a single card. They get eaten and spawn harpies and if you are lucky it would proc another deathwish minion ( ex. Earth elemental ). Me as a NR player would always has this conflicting decision about the harpies. Do I kill the eggs with my ballista or letting them live. Which is a lose - lose scenario since if i kill it the enemy would have +4 str and there's a huge chance of the baby harpies spawning beside an earth elemental which procs it. And if i let the eggs live there's a chance it would get eaten which makes the scenario before gets much more worser.

true harpies eggs should not spawn when destroyed, but NR have insane bronzes aswell like reavers
Also Thaler+Cavalery combo is mega OPPPPPP

Last edited:
Top Bottom