got me to rank 19 with henselt

+
got me to rank 19 with henselt

I was struggling to get pass 3900 MMR with monster swamp.. mainly because I am not a very good player. So I went with an all or nothing deck.. and it ended up to be really consistent somehow!

Got like 80 wins rate on it at rank 10 and took me to 19. Basic is k sergeants, bs commandos. Use henselt round 1 and get like 38 on the board with 2 cards.. give up Vs decks that can't catch up with 2/3 cards and get card advantage. Use r knight if you are worried about scorch. Then use dandylion and infantry man and witchers to major thin deck plus more crazy tempo. Most people just can't keep up. Use Jennifer, lacerate and Phillipa to do crowd control and of course have reaver hunters.. usually between drawing and reinforcement you can get all 3 reaver hunters... Very please with myself right now

Welcome to the mulligan nightmare.

I've played the same deck, but I couldn't get a consistent openings hand.

4RM3D;n9186311 said:
Welcome to the mulligan nightmare.

I've played the same deck, but I couldn't get a consistent openings hand.
I run Avallach in my main deck right now, and there is no better feeling than playing him "offensively" r1 t1 when facing NR or Mon.

I just smile, knowing that if you managed to survive the opening mulligan with a good hand, my buddy Avallach probably just put commandos, light cavalry, or foglets (against Mon of course) right back into your hand.

i like this strategy too (but use a budget version).

the problem is if sergeant is taken out after it's first play, you are screwed. wish could figure a consistant way to protect better. scorch and igni could be trouble too if don't have dandelion. i try to use a redanian knight for scorch protection but depends on luck of the draw. also wide open to epidemic.

the perfect play for me is: force a pass in R1 with sergeant+henslet+bs commandos who bring out ves. milk out cards and philipa in round 2, reaver party + termanian infanty and a renew philipa in RD3 for win.

unfortunately, perfect doesn't happen alot due to the draw + P2 getting in the way (as they should try to do)

Cardzilla;n9211611 said:
the perfect play for me is: force a pass in R1 with sergeant+henslet+bs commandos who bring out ves. milk out cards and philipa in round 2, reaver party + termanian infanty and a renew philipa in RD3 for win.

Try to invite Operator and Summoning Circle to the party. They´ll bring new friends for even bigger party... ;)

After much pain and modification/fine tuning, I've had a lot of luck with my NR deck in it's current form. I've saved some vids vs high ranked decks to show examples. I use Foltest instead of Hensailt though:

https://youtu.be/nYApOqBrQVM

https://youtu.be/9CIySGW59nE

I've also taken out the last 3 Rank 19 NR decks I've faced with this deck (one of which I made a pretty big mistake in round 2, but still ended up managing it). I'll post those vids too, if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Throwmasta814

FYI, you can just edit your previous post, instead of posting an addendum. I've edited your original post for now and deleted the obsolete one.

Top Bottom