New patch new cards new still amazing version of Foltest Swarm

+
New patch new cards new still amazing version of Foltest Swarm

Welcome back northeners im ready to share my current swarm build going 14-0 in the ladder so far. Anyway the changes to adept make blue stripes a viable option again NICE on top of that the witch hunters (or whatever they are called) can replace our silver reset slot giving us space to include a free silver!

The cherry on the pile of beef though is the change of our lord and saviour Foltest. Holy molly CDPR went overboard with that and im almost 95% sure that he will see a change next patch again to hopefully just buff everything at the start of the game without the need to be played.
Anyway what Foltest allows us to do now is to play out our adepts or Roche and then reshuffle the blues we pull with them with our medics while making it possible to pull them again! This wasnt possible before since your blues would always awkwardly stay at 3 instead of 4 power but now we can play Foltest later so we get to use them twice!

Redanian knights are now our anti weather cards and as an 10 power 2 armor unit are nothing to sneeze at. This is the first time northernes actually have just a solid fatty which is huge.
Our weather spell now is frost since consistency > randomness with the rain change. Frost overall is slightly worse than rain used to be but is still decent enough. One of the reason we played rain before was to kill those pescy harpy eggs before they could get consumed but since we got 2 reset units now instead of 1 this isnt as big of an issue anymore and frost does a decent enough job.

The lightings are there to kill any good ability unit and Detmold can flex for that too.

The deck still lets you outplay your opponent by triggering Thaler after playing siege supports pulling your cavalry, medics can reshuffle scouts to chain into another medic...

The thing im trying to solve atm is the consistency of the deck. Basically you dont want any of your 2 blues, 3 cavalries, 3 frosts, 2 footmen, 2 witchers in your oppening hand. Using medics to reshuffle those unwanted pieces and playing Foltest afterwards to not lose power helps a lot.

I recently tried (i think his name is Johnny in english) Hansi to the deck to help with the consistency issues. Lets be clear they arent really a problem at the moment only in about 3-7% of your games which isnt that big of a number. Its possible that Vess does a better job at fixing those issues and that maybe a third blue can go into the deck.

Anyway the deck is still Top tier so enjoy

EDIT: Johnny or Hansi turned out to be very meh but lumberkin and botchling are amazing ^^ New version is the updated picture.

Attachments

• photo167851.jpg
    photo167851.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Trying this. Won the majority of my matches. A lot more well thought out and efficient than my siege deck. Thanks!

Strudelnog;n9438951 said:
Trying this. Won the majority of my matches. A lot more well thought out and efficient than my siege deck. Thanks!

Thanks enjoy it all you can. I updated the list a little switching 2 silvers

Hmm ... my initial success has been dampened a bit. It seems like I cannot ever stop drawing too many weather cards, calvaries, blues. Also rarely able to get Roche and when I do, I'm playing something non-monster, which doesn't have too many 3's or lower in the early game, which is what you need to recycle the blues.

I think it's just going to take some tweaking and playing it a bit more to get it nailed down. But I like this approach better than the siege deck.

I want to try armor, that looks promising as well. If that doesn't work out either then ... will I have to try another faction? Heaven forbid.

Edit: also why not Djikstra instead of dandelion? Wouldn't that give you a little more flexibility in the 3rd?

Edit 2: I'm gonna try using DJ and then adding one more witcher hunter ... the ability to debuff is just too good

Last edited:
It's armor. All the way. Best NR deck right now hands down.

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/29321-armor-nr

That's the basic idea. I've made some modifications but at the end of the day, I've won more matches hands down with this one. If you're fuckin with NR you gotta go armor.

If you can make the other decks work, let me know how you do it because I have no idea how people win otherwise.

Strudelnog;n9440071 said:
It's armor. All the way. Best NR deck right now hands down.

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/29321-armor-nr

That's the basic idea. I've made some modifications but at the end of the day, I've won more matches hands down with this one. If you're fuckin with NR you gotta go armor.

If you can make the other decks work, let me know how you do it because I have no idea how people win otherwise.

Armor is so easy to beat and doesnt even put impressive numbers of power on the board. Just reset their payoff with the witch hunters and its an easy win

Whats your PSN name? Show me.

My win/loss ratio is better with the armor deck, maybe im just not understanding the swarm strategy.

Up for a friend game?

Strudelnog;n9444991 said:
Whats your PSN name? Show me.

My win/loss ratio is better with the armor deck, maybe im just not understanding the swarm strategy.

Up for a friend game?

Love to but im playing on PC and sadly cross platform isnt working yet to my knowledge. My name is always Tschjo^^

Top Bottom