Basic NR Combos/Crafting/Milling

+
Basic NR Combos/Crafting/Milling

Think I'm getting slightly better. Working with NR as my main, Monsters as my back up decks. Opened kegs, got some cards, experimenting with some basic decks. Keeping them around 25 cards, think I got the mulligan thing finally.

As title says I'm unsure how to combo/craft/mill or it's rather...I don't have the cards. I don't have any blue stripes to make any combos. I have about 400 powder 350 or so scraps. I'm rank 6....so can I craft any of these cards? Are there any combos I can do without them? I have 2 or so knight elects, some reavers, scouts, one infantry card

For a beginner I would recommand going with the classic NR's armor archetype (usding radovid s leader, but that's open to discussion). It's an easy and very efficient upgrade from the base deck, based on Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry ability to eat armor up. It can generate a lot of tempo if played correctly and it's easy enough to pilot. Line up a few units like Redanian Elite, Redanian Knights, Redanian Knight elect, and a few way of pulling them from your decks (Reaver Scout are the best option). Then play your cavalry, eat some armor and generate tempo.
As far as crafting goes, Reinforcement is a must in almost every NR decks, but Prince Stannis and/or Trollollo are very decent choices with Armor deck (I crafted them both early on, playing an armor deck myself). Thalar (any spy, really) is also a good place to start. As for golds (still for armor decks) I would go with Shani first (the combo Shani + Stennis is just insane at your level of play), Natalis second. I'm not sure it's a good idea to craft bronze cards but if you really lack a vital one I guess it's fine, otherwise just go with what you've got until you win enough fragment to craft your first silver (you can buy kegs on a very regular basis). IMO Golds can always wait : there are a few silvers that are veeeery useful and that cost a lot less to craft before going for that crazy gold card that will change your life.
There are other great ways to play NR : machines are one, if you can line up enough support ; the good old snowballing henselt or foltest swarm deck is also a good one, even if it's my least favorite. Combos are pretty much straightforwrd : play war machines and siege support/master to make the best of them or play a lot of point-generating units and watch your opponent get slowly buried under your snowball effect.
Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom