Natalis is op

+
i have tried Vesemir with beer but its not good because i have to remove some good units.

Last edited:
Pruny;n9928151 said:
i have tried Vesemir with beer but its not good because i have to remove some good units.

Vesemir with Ale is 18 points, not worth at all, can get similar or better with quite a few better golds

Is this a joke?

First of all, in order to pull off this move you need two golds and five silvers, one of which is the riskiest card in the game. Seriously, Gaunter's power basically relies on pure 50/50 chance. If you screw up your opponent gains card advantage. Yeah he's a cool card, but he's also extremely punishing. This is why no one plays him in ranked. The risks outweigh the benefits.

Secondly, using 90% of silvers in several moves is an incredibly wasteful use of resources just for a tempo swing. As aforementioned, there's plenty of cards in the game that can achieve this in two moves, and doesn't require such an excessive use of cards.

Please learn how to play the game. What you've just described is hilariously incorrect.

gards;n9900341 said:
R1 NR realms deck playsthat gold card that guesses if your opponent has higher or lower than 5. IT guesses right. Next thing is he has 37 points on the board because IT has three witchers and Roach...37 points off one card ffs. haha How stupid is it getting now? I'm losing heart with GWENT.

Where is the "progression/learning curve" in this game when you can be LVL 1 Rank 1 yet have a deck like a semi-pro. It's ridiculous. Players SHOULD NOT have access to decks like this when they have hardly been playing the game a few hours CDPR. Once they've milled everything else that is.

I like RPG's and leveling up, getting better at the game. GWENT right now, has none of this.

There is nothing "semi Pro" about what you described. Anyone using Gaunter is either fooling around or not very good.

4RM3D;n9920351 said:
Eh, they still got Reinforcement, which is one of the more versatile tactic cards.

NR has indeed some nice tactics to play, the problem is it's very few, and it's just getting worse. Between all factions is the one that has fewer choices and consequently everyone already is familiar and know properly well how stop it and deal with it.

I may be biased as I main NR, but i think he's quite fine as he is. He does require the board to already be established before getting value. I think a better version of Natalis would just be Woodland Spirit. Getting wolves, Roach, a Foglet and the Spirit itself and fog just from one turns seems a bit too good. Natalis is in a good spot i think.

You can't compare Johnny boy and CH with Coral and Succubus. All cards have situation for Max value and Coral and Succubus have potential for point swings way way greater than Natalis. Natalis and CH is only a fixed value that depreciates with less units on a row. Coral can potentially have swings way beyond 26 points in value and Succubus can easily have swings of more than 44 points by stealing a 20+ strength unit.

Not to mention the amount of time John Natalis gets bricked due to bad mulligan. It does really sound like you've not played around with JN too much.

Infact it is the opinion of most professional gwent players that NR have the weakest gold of all factions.

Last edited:
it thins the deck and has tempo. i tried to counter it with geels but its 1point and he cant choose CH....

remember Caretaker was also 6points but got nerfed to 4. do the same for natalis , still good card.

Pruny;n9950861 said:
it thins the deck and has tempo. i tried to counter it with geels but its 1point and he cant choose CH....

remember Caretaker was also 6points but got nerfed to 4. do the same for natalis , still good card.

if Natalis could pull golds like Geels...

Or resurrect opponent units like Caretaker...

Maybe some day they'll listen to our prayers

geels pull golds from deck so you practicaly have only 3golds. and you dont allways get the card that you want , can scorch yourself :D

You do realize that 20 to 30 point golds is the norm for goods right? Rainfarn does that and geels does that and places the gold or silver on top making it a guaranteed drop and coral can banish anything and which can be ised for both raw value and countering the opponent and menno can nuke anything with that has a spy tag and muzzle steals the opponents card resulting in a banish and give you tempo and a card and diarupting the opponent synergy and good weather can reach over 40 value if not cleared and renew allows you to use any good gold twice and cerys is a 21 point without even playing it from hand

basically saying that john natalis is OP doesn't make sense since many other cards generate the same 20 or higher value with side effects

Pruny;n9963641 said:
geels pull golds from deck so you practicaly have only 3golds. and you dont allways get the card that you want , can scorch yourself :D

and you know that sometimes Natalis is just 7 point gold, if you draw all your tactic cards?

yesterday in round 3, oponent had one card = Natalis that pulls marching orders+ infantrymen.
:disgust:

Pruny;n9995341 said:
yesterday in round 3, oponent had one card = Natalis that pulls marching orders+ infantrymen.
:disgust:

well, you getting your own Natalis to pull Lacerate, so rejoice

imo natalis isnt op im not NR player actually im NR hater somehow but u can counter natalis and u can manage that natalis cant get that much value sometimes he can become worthless card i think its fine

Not fine just saw: Natalis - marching orders - Sile - comanders horn, omfg
:eredinfacepalm:

RidiculousName;n9839991 said:
Yes, but her potential value is way higher than Natalis into Commander's Horn.

Like the others, I really don't see a problem with Natalis. Need to have some luck with mulligans, and set up a proper Horn.
May seem OP compared to his previous ability, but compared to other current Golds not so much.

I went up against a consume monster player the other day with my relicts deck. He did the usual cocky 'I'll go two cards down because I know you can't stop me' thing that consume players often do. Round 3, I succubused his 95 point Arachas Queen.

Ahhh. Good time.

Top Bottom