Replacing Garbage Emean for a good card (plz advise)

+
Im using Eleyas on my mulligan deck.Surprisingly he is useful when you need to kill things like Vran warriors or Resillient units before they get out of control and also rot tossers.Trading a unit that gets hit by the weather is also a good scenario.

Thanks all for your input. I'd prefer skaggs, but sadly he is 8power, which makes it bad for ADC.

Eleyas seems interesting, but he also kills my ADC :(

Why not just make ida emean a little viable?

Ide Emean Is Utter Garbage

She truly is trash; the worst of all mages. She is so bad I am debating swapping her out now, but I am not sure for what. I'd like a Skaggs, but he competes with Dennis for ADC.

Her fog used to be viable when it hit all of the highest, now it only hits 1. And the deck its most useful against? It actually makes redanian knight stronger.

Replace fog with 3dmg to all units in a row. Or do something.

ANYTHING.

4RM3D;n9167760 said:
Mystikast

Your obsession with Ida Emean is a bit unhealthy. Please stop making new threads with exactly the same content. Keep the discussion regarding the usage of Ida Emean or a good replacement for her in this thread. If you want to talk about her compared to the other mages and want to make a suggestion, use the following thread instead: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...ons-aa/9024240-suggestion-regarding-ida-emean

Thats simple. I play her 10 - 20 times a day, and 10 - 20 times a day she is utter trash; I just can't figure out what to replace her with.

Then don't play her, In ST you can use mercs and FL to get weather clear on demand. if you want to drop weather again mercs will do just fine. Use silver slot for something better. literally anything you place in that spot is going to be better. Yaevinn,Aelireen(if you run elves),Morenn(I love it),toruviel,natures gift,Braenn, Ciaren, dorfs. Each one of these are better. Then you have neutral silvers like commanders horn,alzurs,marching orders,scorch,bekkers,dbomb,scorch. I can bet that at least one of this will fit into your deck just fine.

All mages suck now ida is not only one. only exception might be water hag since monsters are usually not using lots of spells so that lacerate comes in handy but even then it is meh.

Besides Waterhag, Vanhemar is also good for tremors, SK's mage still good for turning damaged unit into bear. NR mage is kindda meh right now too but Ida is worse for sure.
Nothing wrong with obsessing with Ida, it's a very pretty card (love that cat). I wish I can find a good slot for her in my decks too but it's not meant to be.

For silver replacement, simple silver scorch is quite decent for current meta too. Just for considerations.

Quen or the effect of Shield should be improved to begin with, that would make Ida better too.

I think the Shield should do more than just prevent the first damage, that's what Armor's for really. it should be idk "can't take damage at all" or something.

What's wrong with Ida, really?
She can still clear weather.
She can still cause some damage through fog, albeit limited.
Mostly, she's useful for quen, which, on Blue mountain commandos, has a value of +6 + 3 shields, guaranteed to be played. On other cards, it's 2-6 value + shields. The total value for a silver card is then 10 + shields with some flexibility if you don't want to use Quen. How is that weak?

Quen is weak so is ida. It is too situational because you have to cast on card in hand. Give her lacerate and watch how she gets auto included in every deck.

You are better off with thunderbolt or immune boost since it gives better value and it is less situational.

LDiCesare;n9203921 said:
I use Ida half the time for Quen on commandos or vrihed vanguards, half on fog. Fog is still very good.

Honestly, I don't view BMC as a very good option. It's a 9 point base value option, spread across 3 muster cards, with 2 deck thinning potential. You can get similar or greater value from FL Rally pulls of most other units with Elven Mercs. A DB Archer is an 11 point maximum value play in this case. Trappers can be at worst a 7 (if the trap gets locked), barring an opponent Decoy, and up to a great deal more in the right scenario. Both options can get even more if they kill the right unit at the right time, or in a number of other cases. Hawker Supports are an 11 value, Dragoons are at least 8, with a ridiculous potential value under the right circumstances. Like BMC, you get 2 thinning from all of these options. Furthermore, the value is more spread out, has greater flexibility since you can pull what you need at any given time, and carries fewer mulligan considerations relative to muster cards.

With that said... BMC can be good with movement options, such as Dwarven Mercs, Barclay+Sheldon, Zoltan or even CS units. In these cases they add +2 to each of those moves and, in the case of Barclay+Sheldon, a strong tempo play. The trouble is they're a prime Lacerate target, which is a spell many decks run, and are often never going to count for much without some type of pre-applied buffs. Even if you do pre-buff them or use certain moves to get further value they easily become Gigni bait (Quen, Zoltan) or use a great number of cards to deliver the tempo (3 BMC+Ida Quen+Barc+Sheldon is 6 cards for 38 pts, 3 of which are silver). It ends up using a ton of resources for a single high tempo option in one round. If move centered builds are lacking, and IMO they are, this is the prime reason why. They have to burn too many resources in one round and run out of steam in subsequent rounds.

I'd also add, Dwarves are simply the strongest and most consistent ST tempo option. You can pile on more points, generate more pressure and keep some or all of the tempo via carry-over. Ida does not fit with those builds.

In terms of Ida specifically.... She is a 10 value, 4 point Quen when used to apply the spell. Most ST silvers can generate more points. You could pull Quen off a Merc for 8 value+1 thinning and get almost the same output without wasting a precious silver. Using her to CS means you're burning a 4 point silver to do the same job as a 2 or 6 point bronze (Merc or Brigade, respectively). And if you wanted to Quen for 10 value you could just Tbolt for 12 or IBoost for 9-18 (+2 more if pulled from a Merc), using bronze cards. The argument for Fog falls short as well. Once again, a Merc can do the same for a -2 point deficit as a bronze. In addition, if it gets cleared you burned a silver for 6 points. Even if not it's not worth a silver unless it ticks 3-4 rounds.

The simple fact is Ida isn't very good (most Mages aren't anymore). She has flexibility but every viable ST build tends to lack silver room as things stand, and you can get the same flexibility she provides with bronze cards. She really needs a different spell besides Quen.

Lastly, how does she do much when used to Quen Vanguards? You don't counter Vanguards with damage anyway. You counter them with your own high point options, removals or resets. Quen doesn't help much, if at all, against any of these.

You make some good points but:
- Vanguards are countered by damage by SK (their gold deals half damage to units), NR (again, half damage to units).
- CS is not the same as brigade (only a row + move may or may not be what you want), and mercs aren't reliable if you use many bronze specials.
- Fog being cleared usually means the opponent burnt a card to clear it. You don't use it if you expect the opponent to have anti-weather units.

Ida Emean a garbage? That's a joke right?
This card is awesome. I have her in my control deck and I don't regret. The reason why she has such a small body (no pun intended) is because you basically pay her flexibility.
Most mages are great in this game, Ida is a pocket clear sky, which is awesome in this meta where weather is not as commonly played as it used to be but still threatning (Monster swarm/fog, Ragh nar roog/Drough are still very much around and can destroy your board if not dealt with) and she can also cast fog or Quen sign which is a big plus.

Fog is pretty much self explanatory, you need to put pressure on your opponent? Fog is doing just that.
Quen sign is probably her best effect since it's a card that's not exactly good enough to be played alone but too good not to play it. Ida gives it a body which is just pure value. Add 4 str on the board, give + 2 to all copy of a card in your hand and deck and apply a shield on each...sign me in.

And this is without talking about the different synergies she can have with other cards. She's a great target for decoy and the effect she spawns (besides clear skies) can be replayed using Eithne.

Last edited:
Ida is dead too often. Other mages (if you play vs non-weather deck), can still cast something useful (Stammelfords, Bloorcurdling Roar, Thunder, Lacerate) during the entire game, while Ida - either you play Quen at the start (denying yourself a potential weather clear) or end up with a dead Quen (probably used on 1 unit) in later rounds. She also falls off in tempo a lot compared to other mages. As people in this thread wrote already, she should get immune boost or arachas venom etc.

GenLiu;n9206801 said:
This card is awesome. I have her in my control deck and I don't regret. The reason why she has such a small body (no pun intended) is because you basically pay her flexibility.
Most mages are great in this game, Ida is a pocket clear sky, which is awesome in this meta where weather is not as commonly played as it used to be but still threatning (Monster swarm/fog, Ragh nar roog/Drough are still very much around and can destroy your board if not dealt with) and she can also cast fog or Quen sign which is a big plus.

Fog is pretty much self explanatory, you need to put pressure on your opponent? Fog is doing just that.
Quen sign is probably her best effect since it's a card that's not exactly good enough to be played alone but too good not to play it. Ida gives it a body which is just pure value. Add 4 str on the board, give + 2 to all copy of a card in your hand and deck and apply a shield on each...sign me in.

And this is without talking about the different synergies she can have with other cards. She's a great target for decoy and the effect she spawns (besides clear skies) can be replayed using Eithne.

So you like card, that is cool but it doesn't change fact that she is garbage.

They should change Quen Sign to target any 3 cards in your hand, board or deck rather than affect all copies of a card.

GenLiu;n9206801 said:

It's nice you have found a use for her. I hope it works out for you but I simply feel Ida is a subpar silver. She does not fit with Dwarves at all, and I'd rather run a deck pull or control spell in more spell oriented control or another silver unit in more unit oriented control (so the ambush variety, usually).

Out of curiosity, where are you finding value from her and at what MMR? If you can convince me I'm wrong I have no issue changing my view on her.

Top Bottom