New Card Farseer

+
New Card Farseer

Farseer

Bronze 6 Strength Agile

If any Ally or Unit in your Hand or Deck other than a Farseer is Boosted during your turn, Boost self by 2 at the end of the turn.

Vrihedd Dragoon synergy! What do you guys think?

Since I'm Mr Negativity I think it's another 6 power situational unit that only has synergy with 6 faction units.

Vespuche;n9272601 said:
Vrihedd Dragoon synergy! What do you guys think?

I was also thinking dorf decks that often use lots of immune boosts, thunderbolts, etc. Assuming they apply to the farseer that +6 per potion on top of the actual potion itself! Or am I missing the point?

stridecolossus;n9276381 said:
I was also thinking dorf decks that often use lots of immune boosts, thunderbolts, etc. Assuming they apply to the farseer that +6 per potion on top of the actual potion itself! Or am I missing the point?
No way it buffs itself by 2 per turn for every other unit that gets boosted. Imagine Yen unicorn, or even Overdose.

Farseer would be one of the most broken cards in the game if it was uncapped per turn, and I'm sure CDPR sees that.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
stridecolossus;n9276381 said:

I almost made the same mistake. Then I re-read the card's description:

If any Ally or Unit in your Hand or Deck other than a Farseer is Boosted during your turn, Boost self by 2 at the end of the turn.

The boost can only happen once a turn.

Source: https://twitter.com/pawelburza/statu...57029234348032

Not so bold prediction: This card gets hotfixed within 2 weeks. Much like DBP, this will be nerfed to a Base Strength of 2 in relatively short order.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
frbfree;n9277421 said:
Not so bold prediction: This card gets hotfixed within 2 weeks. Much like DBP, this will be nerfed to a Base Strength of 2 in relatively short order.

DBP also gets buffed inside your deck and hand, Farseer doesn't. So, I think her strength will (only) be reduced to 4.

4RM3D;n9278191 said:
DBP also gets buffed inside your deck and hand, Farseer doesn't. So, I think her strength will (only) be reduced to 4.

Oh, I see. That does change things.

frbfree;n9277421 said:

Why would it need nerfed? It's only going to snowball if you get multiple Farseers out then play into spells (DBP), Dragoons, Hawker Supports, mulligans (Vanguards) or Quen (Ida presumably). The last of these only makes Farseers 8 point bronzes, by itself. A lot of work has to go into achieving the board state needed to do this. I seriously doubt anyone will just stand by and allow it. They will just lock/kill FS or Dragoons. If they cannot they will drop out of the round before it snowballs. If they do neither it's their own fault...

I think the card is being overestimated. It's already common practice to murder Dragoons (poor guys). If FS is paired with them murdering Dragoons prevents both cards from getting value. In every other case murdering FS prevents it from getting value.

Wording with the Farseer

So does the card activate at the end of the turn once, if there is lets say 3 boosts, or gets boosted by 6 instead of 2? The wording on the card is not clear at all.

The card states that if there were any units boosted in your hand or on your side of the table, at the end of the turn it boosts by 2.

That seems pretty clear. It will boost by two, as long as one or more units got boosted on your side or in your hand. It won't boost by any other value, nor would the ability trigger more than once.

Top Bottom