So... They Say Total Control Is Impossible

+
Restlessdingo32;n9304931 said:
Yen is a tech card against MS. It's primarily for Dagon Swarm, more specifically Woodlands. It can work as a backup for GH vs Consume as well if they don't pull it from Marching Orders. It's not ideal in some cases for sure but can still get value vs other decks if played at the right time.

I hit R20 running a Witcher/Smuggler build and swapped to one of the decks built by Purple (good player, hitting up his stream can help). Ran that to around 4350. Ended up tanking to 4.1k shortly after because people figured out how to put the deck in tough spots and a string of horrible draws/mulligans. From there I made some changes and started going back up. It seems the biggest thing is to learn from misplays and quickly adapt your build to the decks you're seeing. Oddly, it feels harder to get a read on the meta at lower MMR because people do weird shit :).
Thanks for the input. I hit the wall at about 4200 for a few days already. Some of it is my fault, I made a NR deck without Reaver Hunters but mulligan there is a pain in the ass and it isn't working the way I wanted it to... of course. Then, there was another deck... well, as I said, I'm currently in the 4100's again.

Hate this scoiatel control since closed beta. i usualy keep katakan for finisher so i have to force oponent to draw bork in round2

Pruny;n9307061 said:
Hate this scoiatel control since closed beta. i usualy keep katakan for finisher so i have to force oponent to draw bork in round2
Hehe. I've always hated buff-fest decks. No interaction with the other side, i.e. extremely boring. I don't Borkh is round 2, have enough Scorches and whatnot... :p

P.S. Just closed on 4.3k. Above 4250 it's easier for this deck.

HenryGrosmont;n9308081 said:
Hehe. I've always hated buff-fest decks. No interaction with the other side, i.e. extremely boring. I don't Borkh is round 2, have enough Scorches and whatnot... :p

P.S. Just closed on 4.3k. Above 4250 it's easier for this deck.

It is and isn't easier, if that makes sense. Higher up the players are better but the deck pool feels smaller so it's easier to target what you want to tech against.

I don't like Consume either... Literally always lose the coin flip vs them....

I'm getting very sick again.....I change one card and BANG...suddenly from seeing nothing but ST decks......now it's NR. What is this nonsense! The occassional Monsters decks, sure. Not going near ranked again till I figure this out. The reason i'm saying this is because I was just experimenting with a control deck.

One deck to rule them all? Do me a favour.

All the best!

Top Bottom