Suggest a deck for a Scoia'tael newcomer

+
Suggest a deck for a Scoia'tael newcomer

As a Nilfgaard player, I've been looking into a new faction. Played Monsters in CB and NG since OB started. NR seems too autopilot and SK isn't far off neither.

ST seems to have some interesting plays (not dwarves) but I don't really know much about them. I've seen a few vids, that's all.

So what would you recommend, both with leaders and actual archetypes?

I'm not a top player or anything, i play casual mode ( played ranked for a while, to secure some extra kegs for the season's end ), so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

If you just want a fun deck, i highly recommend a movement deck with Iorveth-Malena combo, Geralt Aard, a lacerate ( or two ) and of course units that move other units ( to trigger Iorveth ). I used this deck with Brouver.

If you're looking for something more efficient, i think an Eithne control deck is a good choice, with a couple of scorch gold cards ( Schirru, Villen, Igni ). I made such a deck a while ago, but now i play a deck with silver scorch ( which you can use twice with Eithne ), so the gold slots are open for other non-scorch cards. Also, i really like using Aglais ( i know people say she's bad/average, but the majority of the time, i find her really useful ). Lately i've been running into silver scorch quite often, so silver scorch with Eithne and Aglais means triple scorch potential.

Another good tactic is hand buffing Toruviel or Aelirenn.

Last but not least, i love Morenn. She can single handedly stop muster combos, mages, QG etc.

Last edited:
I've been looking into ST as well after building up the NR and NG factions in my collection. I would not call NR autopilot though. There are a lot of Archetypes. The only problem is aside from muster decks and Radovid control, they are not very competitve.

NG remains my favorite faction. Their silvers and golds are the most varied, and there is a lot of good synergy with neutrals. But theyve been sorely nerfed. I hope spies make a comeback in the next patch. The new cards do look promising.

I cant say much about ST, buy I'm looking forward to trying them out. Just got to get more of the cards to make a viable deck. Unfortunatley, I'd milled everything I had at one point. It was a stupid mistake.

Depends what cards you have crafted, honestly, I think you need two Faction Golds (Shiru and Saskia) and two Silvers (Turuviel and Yeovin) to manage to put together a decent deck or even two. They work pretty good with Neutral cards.

To my knowledge Eithne Dorfs and Eithne Control are the only workable builds for ranked. Although, I have seen a Francesca/Brouver builds rarely.

Control builds vary, and a number of different versions are at least viable to win games with.

As a side note... Aglais is far from a bad gold. She is the opposite, in fact. Her main issue is you need to have her available during the right board state with the right spell to take to get high value from her. Unless you're running a scorch build, in which case her 10 base is always decent.

Restlessdingo32;n9308001 said:
As a side note... Aglais is far from a bad gold. She is the opposite, in fact. Her main issue is you need to have her available during the right board state with the right spell to take to get high value from her. Unless you're running a scorch build, in which case her 10 base is always decent.
+1 with that, I like to steal skellige storm from the opponent and then repeating the process with eithne, or other cards from the opponent graveyard. It makes such fun tactics, you have to adapt to the opponent play. At worst case, she is 10 gold points, but it makes a fun good card.

I actually milled all factions but 2 at the start of OB, so the cardpool isn't THAT big. I do have a couple of thousands of scrap, so I can get something going.

Snake_Foxhounder;n9307191 said:
As a Nilfgaard player, I've been looking into a new faction. Played Monsters in CB and NG since OB started. NR seems too autopilot and SK isn't far off neither.

ST seems to have some interesting plays (not dwarves) but I don't really know much about them. I've seen a few vids, that's all.

So what would you recommend, both with leaders and actual archetypes?

You could have some fun with Iorveth and a move/wether deck https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for.../suggestions-aa/9281171-is-iorveth-a-tad-weak

You could use a damage control elf focused deck, Aeliern, Commandos, archers, trappers, lots of scorch, Yen the Con, Vill, Schirru, Saethensisis

Hawker /Ambush focused deck with a splicing of damage control?

There's plenty of great ST strats.

First of all, thank you for taking the time to help me out.

I'm thinking of a move/control hybrid with a bit of carryover in there. Give weather players a run for their money while still messing other plays. I've no idea how I'll make it work, if at all, but we'll see. As you probably guessed, this won't be anything competitive.

I'll also wait for the patch (currently hoarding kegs) to see if any interesting new ST cards come in.

Top Bottom