Change to resilience

+
Change to resilience

Being in shock as I am due to this major change to dwarves decks, I come out with a question. Devs say that resilient units will be back to their base strenght after a round. Does this removes the boost, or removes also an effect that strenghten units?

Strengthen raises the base strength of an unit, so no, this effect shouldn't be affected by the change (at least, if it is working like a normal reset and not an entirely new mechanic).

Combat Engineers have become silly now. I will have to get rid of them from my deck and replace them with the new cards.

Last edited:
So what exactly is going to happen to Ekimmara's? They only have a base strength of 3 and their whole use is carrying over power from one round to the next.

Cabowse;n9395581 said:
So what exactly is going to happen to Ekimmara's? They only have a base strength of 3 and their whole use is carrying over power from one round to the next.

Base strength was increased to 6, so the overall value with the new patch isn't that bad, if you feed them tokens.

Hi, sry for writing here, but i am a bit out of clou now.. Does anyone know a working scoia'tael deck after the patch? Lost 5 of 5 games now..

Control with a touch of mulligan seems good. Lots of spells and if you use Francesca, you can pull out the exact card you want, when you want it. Ely'as, Farseer, Sage, Pyrotechnician (this is a mini Ragh Na Roog), Trapper, Commando (for thinning), Saskia and Ithlinne (major buff to her!).

DocMaertens84;n9401741 said:
Hi, sry for writing here, but i am a bit out of clou now.. Does anyone know a working scoia'tael deck after the patch? Lost 5 of 5 games now..

Honestly? Dwarf.
Have you played the Marauders? They're crazy good. I started adjusting my deck, replacing Eithne for Broover and playing 2 copies of Marauder but wow, I traded a defender for a third copy of those bad boys and the deck performes very well. I'm completely pleased by the Dwarf deck so far.

I was hoping for some elf love this patch but they added in more dwarves! The only saving grace for me was the buff to Ithlinne. Before this, her 5 str body can lose you the last round but now, it can play the role of finisher. I'm hoping they use elves as the basis for ambush cards in the future.

Yes, you're right, made a few changes and the same leader replace. Works ok now, but still not that good as it was before. I also have to get rid of alle the small changes to wipe some fails out im actually doing.

GenLiu;n9404081 said:
Honestly? Dwarf. Have you played the Marauders? They're crazy good. I started adjusting my deck, replacing Eithne for Broover and playing 2 copies of Marauder but wow, I traded a defender for a third copy of those bad boys and the deck performes very well. I'm completely pleased by the Dwarf deck so far.

Could you please link your deck? I am trying with marauders and agitators but so far it is not working for me

Eliadann;n9407311 said:
Could you please link your deck? I am trying with marauders and agitators but so far it is not working for me

Sure, there it is.
I'm still testing it so, it might change in the future but this list gives me a lot of satisfaction.
For example, I'm not running any potion/horn and whatnot. I may end up using some but for now, the deck performs quiet well without them.

Attachments

• 7DWARFS.jpg
    7DWARFS.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 166
GenLiu;n9428701 said:
Sure, there it is. I'm still testing it so, it might change in the future but this list gives me a lot of satisfaction. For example, I'm not running any potion/horn and whatnot. I may end up using some but for now, the deck performs quiet well without them.

Thanks a lot. Here´s mine. I am happy with it, yet aware that current game balance is broken and I don´t compete in a fair play with mulligan and spell ST decks. It is expected to be addressed in the inc balance tweaks

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/29909-0-9-10-spartan-dwarves

I am currently working on a guide (in progress)

Eliadann;n9452651 said:
Thanks a lot. Here´s mine. I am happy with it, yet aware that current game balance is broken and I don´t compete in a fair play with mulligan and spell ST decks. It is expected to be addressed in the inc balance tweaks

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/29909-0-9-10-spartan-dwarves

I am currently working on a guide (in progress)

Interesting. You're playing Eithne? Honestly I don't like her in this deck, not since the resilience change.I tried some versions with her but I'm just not convinced.
You still take some risk to on the placement to buff your dwarfs except now the reward isn't nearly as good as it used to be.

Broover on the other hand fetches you Yarpen or Denis Cramer which is not only good because you always guarantee to have something strong going on but also because it allows you to be much more flexible on your mulligan but I respect your approach and if it works for you then great.

To be honest I feel like Dwarf is far from being the worse match up against Mulliganor Scoiat'ael control. I'm doing reasonably well against then, nothing compared to Queensguard or Harald (which are doomed in this match up...essentially).

GenLiu;n9452841 said:
Interesting. You're playing Eithne? Honestly I don't like her in this deck, not since the resilience change.I tried some versions with her but I'm just not convinced. You still take some risk to on the placement to buff your dwarfs except now the reward isn't nearly as good as it used to be.
Broover on the other hand fetches you Yarpen or Denis Cramer which is not only good because you always guarantee to have something strong going on but also because it allows you to be much more flexible on your mulligan but I respect your approach and if it works for you then great.
To be honest I feel like Dwarf is far from being the worse match up against Mulliganor Scoiat'ael control. I'm doing reasonably well against then, nothing compared to Queensguard or Harald (which are doomed in this match up...essentially).

Yeah, leader it is my big decission here. I know Broover is pretty straightforward to increase chances of opening with Yarpen or Dennis once the marauders are up. However, the ability of playing a second special card is huge, being a potion or deck thinners like ADC or orders, but very particularly summoning circle. I mean, if I get Yarpen in my opening hand I feel Broover is not a big deal, but Eithne always can play a role.

Regarding match ups, Mulligan´s destroys me with Merigold´s Hailstorm in R3, stacks all my dwarves to same row with Zoltan and brigades and boom. It is being by far my worse matchup

Eliadann;n9455111 said:
Yeah, leader it is my big decission here. I know Broover is pretty straightforward to increase chances of opening with Yarpen or Dennis once the marauders are up. However, the ability of playing a second special card is huge, being a potion or deck thinners like ADC or orders, but very particularly summoning circle. I mean, if I get Yarpen in my opening hand I feel Broover is not a big deal, but Eithne always can play a role.

Regarding match ups, Mulligan´s destroys me with Merigold´s Hailstorm in R3, stacks all my dwarves to same row with Zoltan and brigades and boom. It is being by far my worse matchup

It makes sense about Eithne. To be fair I think every leader can be considered for this deck right now. Even Francesca wouldn't be a bad idea. Bigger body in the team and can fetch you absolutely anyhting...Pretty good if you ask me (she straight up the best Scoiat'ael leader anyway, at least until she gets nerfed...because she'll get nerf I bait my pants on that).

Top Bottom