Cyprian Wiley and Morenn

+
Cyprian Wiley and Morenn

Cyprian deploy ability triggers after Morenn, even though his description states "Deploy: Weaken a Unit by 3 or Destroy a face-down Ambush Unit before it triggers." Is this working as intended? Looking at that description, he should really be hitting her first. Surely, this card can't be this useless.

Attachments

• 50196icon.jpg
    50196icon.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 3037icon.jpg
    3037icon.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Given the fact that you can lock her without getting hit, it would make sense to me if destroying her with CW also would be possible without getting hit.

The interaction we have right now might be intentional though, but yeah, it makes CW a bit useless right now - and it's not like there are a lot of 3 strength targets atm.

Cyprian Wiley:
Deploy: Weaken a Unit by 3 or Destroy a face-down Ambush Unit before it triggers.

Morenn:
Ambush: When an Enemy appears (except Leaders), turn Morenn over and Damage that Enemy by 5 before its Deploy ability resolves.

This means that Morenn triggers before the deploy ability of Cyprian can trigger (to prevent Morenn from triggering).

Cyprian Wiley not working against Morenn

Greeting as mentioned in a name Cyprian Wiley doesnt work against Morenn eventhough his deploy should trigger before her ambush based upon his text

Mesinar;n9433001 said:
Greeting as mentioned in a name Cyprian Wiley doesnt work against Morenn eventhough his deploy should trigger before her ambush based upon his text

Hello everybody! I conferm this. Cyprian Wiley not working on Morenn and the ambush is not blocked and not destroyed. please fix it.

Mesinar Thread merged and moved to Tactician's Corner > Scoia'tael.

The interaction is not a bug, as you can find out in this thread. :)

RidiculousName;n9433421 said:
Mesinar Thread merged and moved to Tactician's Corner > Scoia'tael.

The interaction is not a bug, as you can find out in this thread. :)

Ok is not a bug, But Cyprian Wiley is a specific Card Anti-Ambush, if it does not work on all, it just does not make sense to exist.

The_Mad_Player;n9433771 said:
Ok is not a bug, But Cyprian Wiley is a specific Card Anti-Ambush, if it does not work on all, it just does not make sense to exist.

Agreed, he does seem a bit useless when Toruviel and Sappers are the only cards he can lock destroy. Once more Ambush cards are added he will become more useful, though.

Last edited:
Is this a bug or error?

I use Cyprian Wiley on Morenn, but Morenn still trigger her effect on Cyprian and he dont kill or remove her, he only do his normal effect. Both cards say they trigger his effect before the other do something but honestly i didn't expect Morenn can do the damage before Cyprian, in that case Cyprian is a bit more useless than i thought, because one of the reason ill try to use him on my decks is for counter that card.

Wait a minute the wording on CW and Morenn is a bit confusing

First of all if we are talking about CW deploy ability which has the word "trigger" then if a ambush ability activated then it means the ambush ability is triggered right?

So CW should have hit Morhenn first since we are talking about before Morhenn ambush ability triggers. Or I'm just confused regarding this confusing mechanic?

esra01;n9441641 said:
Or I'm just confused regarding this confusing mechanic?

It is confusing and the description leads to a paradox, e.g.: What happens when the Unstoppable Force hits the Immovable Object?

Don't think too deeply about it, just observe the situation and accept Morenn wins this round.

so some people still believe that the card that's only purpose is to ambush (morenn) should be the one just sitting around waiting to be ambushed first by wiley?

Is Cyprian Wiley supposed to trigger after Morrenn?

His description says he triggers before the ambush reveals, but Morrenn's ability says it triggers before deploy abilities. It makes him a pretty terrible card considering he's only good if someone plays Toruviel.

Cardzilla;n9446951 said:
so some people still believe that the card that's only purpose is to ambush (morenn) should be the one just sitting around waiting to be ambushed first by wiley?
That's the point of Wiley. Most people play 1 Ambush card and it's usually Morenn. If not, they'll use two - Morenn and Tourival. If Wiley doesn't function against Morenn, it makes the card nigh useless at the moment.

If you're playing Sco, Ciaran makes a better card than Wiley. You can lock anything (including ambush units) plus get a move.

But the main issue is that Wiley's function gets circumvented by the thing he's supposed to counter.

i'm willing to bet they have more ambush cards in mind in the future. like i bet something (or 2) pryo related. for instance, how have we not had a landmine type ambush card yet. play it on other side and it sits there until a unit played in that row, or moved there by some other means.

cyprian probably should have waited for release until more ambush cards were made.

Top Bottom