DivinityZero1's Snipe 'L TaeL - Movement Control deck

+
Nice, movement is the only ST archetype I haven't got round to yet and you've inspired me to give it a whirl.
If you're not gettng so many GG's then you must be doing something right! ;)

Edit : Switched out Malena for Ciaran.Theres not much work for her in this kind of deck and she was useless most of the time.

Interesting take with RNR and Aglais.

I personally love using Malena disloyal ranged/melee late game after baiting out locks/removals (and use Summoning Circle to help with this) and have managed some disgusting point swings with her, several Marksmen and Aard. One game I managed to get 5 marksmen round 3 with operator and summoning circle and it was like a minigun going off between malena pulling things around and then finisher with aard - utterly demolished high value cards.

Edit - in any case movement ST is the most fun playstyle in all of gwent. It's active, on the board, no gimmicks. I love it.

Last edited:
Sailears;n9498991 said:
Interesting take with RNR and Aglais.

I personally love using Malena disloyal ranged/melee late game after baiting out locks/removals (and use Summoning Circle to help with this) and have managed some disgusting point swings with her, several Marksmen and Aard. One game I managed to get 5 marksmen round 3 with operator and summoning circle and it was like a minigun going off between malena pulling things around and then finisher with aard - utterly demolished high value cards.

Edit - in any case movement ST is the most fun playstyle in all of gwent. It's active, on the board, no gimmicks. I love it.

Sounds like you are having fun. Malena can do some heavy lifting for sure.Seeing bdm shooting stuff is satisfying to watch.
Later i will be trying this deck with Ithlinne/Quen sign.I ll let eveyone know how she performs.

xDivinity;n9499481 said:
Sounds like you are having fun. Malena can do some heavy lifting for sure.Seeing bdm shooting stuff is satisfying to watch.
Later i will be trying this deck with Ithlinne/Quen sign.I ll let eveyone know how she performs.

Here's my deck for comparison if you want to go the Ithlinne/Quen route (I love Quen) as well as Malena.

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/21782-movement-control

Edit - also Malena makes it possible to win even if you lose card advantage, because she can point swing after the opponent has played if you've setup correctly. Key is not to drop it until baiting out those locks/removals and try to preserve Ciaran in hand in case they do. Chances are once the opponent gets down to 5 or so cards round 3 they won't have an answer to Malena (there is an easy counter to Malena in the mirror match, though I'd rather not explicitly state it because it would ruin my fun! It's probably obvious in any case).

Last edited:
Sailears;n9499581 said:
Here's my deck for comparison if you want to go the Ithlinne/Quen route (I love Quen) as well as Malena.

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/21782-movement-control

Edit - also Malena makes it possible to win even if you lose card advantage, because she can point swing after the opponent has played if you've setup correctly. Key is not to drop it until baiting out those locks/removals and try to preserve Ciaran in hand in case they do. Chances are once the opponent gets down to 5 or so cards round 3 they won't have an answer to Malena (there is an easy counter to Malena in the mirror match, though I'd rather not explicitly state it because it would ruin my fun! It's probably obvious in any case).

Solid build.Im using Commandos in my other Movement deck.The standard Movement if you can call it that.I just wanted to make a separate one focused more around control,i think its even more fun calculating how many points of damage weather+Movement sniping can create,as im playing without a Gwent Tracker and reaching rank 17 i feel super happy :)

I tested Ithlinne/Quen its better to use it in a movement deck with Commandos.

Last one.Im thinking of removing Geralt Igni from my standard Movement deck ---- > http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/30303-divinityzero1s-movement-st-revamped
Thinking about Renew for a 2nd Geralt Ard/ Zoltan.

Yeah Igni is a weird one - you kind of want high value enemy units to stay on board as targets for Aard and Marksmen among other things.

Ah damn I've had about 10 ranked games crash on me today - only managed to finish 2, really ****** me off. :( Never happened in such frequency before but today it's like every game is going to cause a ctd.

Sailears;n9501741 said:
Yeah Igni is a weird one - you kind of want high value enemy units to stay on board as targets for Aard and Marksmen among other things.

Ah damn I've had about 10 ranked games crash on me today - only managed to finish 2, really ****** me off. :( Never happened in such frequency before but today it's like every game is going to cause a ctd.

Damn sorry to hear that.I was getting stuck in finding opponent loading screen the past week myself.I had to force close Gwent to solve that.

^if your only spells in the deck are gold spell, he brings you gold card choice 100% of the time, maybe? :p
If so that's well known by now ^^"

Indeed.Ah well too bad now, soon people will make a thread about Yaevinn drawing gold weathers is too op.Thats why i didnt want to post it.

Am I playing a different game? Since when does Yaevin do anything other than boost himself when another dwarf is played?

xDivinity;n9511031 said:
Indeed.Ah well too bad now, soon people will make a thread about Yaevinn drawing gold weathers is too op.Thats why i didnt want to post it.

He can bring out anything as long as this is your only spell... In general, Scoia' tael are good with spells..! :) My deck is hybrid so i make use of everything.. But spell manipulation is one of the most dominant archetype in my deck, handbuffing being 2nd...

Top Bottom