Must-have Golds for ST?

+
Must haves atm are: zoltan chivay and isengrim (combo'd with toruviel). The new iorveth is a very very strong card bit imo not a 100% must have and not a ST card but Every ingame deck needs a Muzzle

Royal Decree paired with Iorveth and Ithlinne for me are the only essentials. Final spot goes to whichever card I feel might work or oppo might not expect to see in an ST deck - makes games.... interesting.

Schirru is a must with those bears, Ciri nova and all 20+ strength cards. Playing Francesca as a leader is a guarantee to get Schirru when needed.

Iorvet: Meditation is awesome, but I also find Isengrim: Outlaw to be really, really good as well.

I use Xavier (twice) with Renew. Just crafted Uma...bit meh so far with him. Already have Iorveth.

partci;n10109041 said:
Iorvet: Meditation is awesome, but I also find Isengrim: Outlaw to be really, really good as well.

I got these two into my deck and I like them both very much :)

Yeah Iorveth; meditation is one of those cards why I can play Shupe adventures with the Elves

:geraltthatsgood:

Don`t discard good old Ithline though. I find here extremely powerfull with the new tremors. Especially against archtypes which like to swarm a bit

The best gold for Scoiat'ael right now is Ithline, hands down, she's flat out OP in fact.
With a little work she can dish out 3O+ value every game. Enjoy while you can because I'm 1OO% sure she will be nerfed (I mean, not her but Tremors will, it's pretty much impossible otherwise considering how game breaking this interaction is atm).

Hmm. Maybe. Ithlinne isn't the one who's OP, it's that the game has become 'swarm.deck: The Witcher Card Game'. If the metagame changes she'll just be another strong ST card. It's important to separate card strength from situational factors like the meta when determining if it needs a nerf. If Alzur's Thunder didn't do 9 damage, and tremors didn't create 20-30 point swings due to mass muster/create, she'd just be another 20 pt gold, which seems to be a standard level for golds these days.

If CDPR is happy (ish) with the direction they're going in, then yes she'll need a nerf, because the spells are getting obscenely powerful now.

As to the thread topic... aren't they ALL must-have? The only ones that are really situational and dubious seem to be Iorveth and Aglais, who are both still really good. ST's always had a good selection of very strong golds.

IMO
Ithiline (double spells)
Iorveth: Meditation (Spot removal, up to 2 tall removals)
Schirru (Guarnteed 1 tallest, or 1 smallest)

I wanted to give a tip if you are playing Aglaïs.

When playing against Skellige, your only target in their graveyard will most probably be "Bone Talisman" (the one that resurrects a beast).

Normally, your Aglaïs would do a 12 point play resurrecting the talisman and giving +3 to one of your troops but you can make the most of this interaction with Elven Scout.

Elven Scout will sometimes give you the option to pick "Panther", a beast scoiatel card.

If you play Aglaïs into Bone Talisman into a dead panther, you can convert a 12 point swing into a 20 point swing on round 3.

Aglais for sure. most decks run spells, definitely more than the ones that don't so usually you could find value from her.

resurrecting a mandrake, scorch or even a recon at the right time can swing the game in your favor.

not to mention she has 8 strength, so you basically have to think of it as 8pts + silver spell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom