Skellige Deck Strategies

+
Skellige is dead guys move on... Currently only strategy quite working is QG but that also not great on high ranks.

Other SK strategies need lots of setup with small strength cards which opp. easily kill, banish,lock with ease. Another thing is Sk medic only lasts you for 1 round as well keeping those 1 strength all medics in your hand makes no sense.

where other factions go with tempo control or buff their cards are getting buff in hand so in all round they can put huge strength.

Currently famous & really strong decks are... NG Reveal / ST Dwarf

Illsyore;n8691890 said:
Good I come to ask some suggestions and advice about my deck of SK that is the resurrection right now I have almost 2000 scraps tell me any unit that they think should include and which to replace thanks beforehand to all who comment here I leave the link Of the deck And sorry for my bad english http://www.gwentdb.com/deckbuilder/...:3:1;50138:3:3;50199:4:1;50203:4:2;50241:2:1;

Ciri Dash doesn't seem like a good fit since you don't have much card draw.

Triss Merigold can be replaced with Ermion (for card draw) or Geralt Igni (as removal against buff decks).

Hjalmar doesn't fit discard very well but I see you probably intended to use him with Triss to get a lot of strength with 2 cards. There are many cards you can consider replacing him with like Ciri (not Dash), Yennefer or Zoltan Animal Tamer.

3 First Lights seem like a bit much but I guess it depends on how many Ragh Nar Roog are you running into.

Morkvarg just isn't powerfull enough sadly since he got nerfed when Open Beta started (he used to loose only 2 base strenght instead of 3 when revived). You can consider replacing him with Operator (for extra Queensguard or even Priestesses), Roach (for deck thinning), Svanrige (for card draw) or even Udalryk (for even more card draw).

Socrch doesn't seem good since you are planning on buffing your Queensguard a lot so you will probably hurt yourself more than the opponent. Decoy is a really good option here since you have many targets for it.

Dimeritum Bomb is an interesting inclusion and certainly not bad if you are running into many buffing decks like Scoia'tael Dwarfs or Reveal Nilfgaard (mainly Dwarfs since it's the best use for the card right now). You can replace it with any of the cards I recomended on the Morkvarg part but as I said, it's a good tech against Scoia Dwarfs and other similar buffing decks.

Mardroeme seems like a worst version of Clan Tordarroch Shieldsmith unless you are playing it as removal.

I hope this helps and have fun playing SK :cheers:

Thank you I will replace the units more or less as you say and as I work better and I will try to see how it goes

Shuls02;n8698170 said:
Morkvarg just isn't powerfull enough sadly since he got nerfed when Open Beta started (he used to loose only 2 base strenght instead of 3 when revived). You can consider replacing him with Operator (for extra Queensguard or even Priestesses), Roach (for deck thinning), Svanrige (for card draw) or even Udalryk (for even more card draw).

I don't agree. The Morkvarg/Olgierd/Clan Brokvar Hunter deck is very popular and has often quite some power. I would love to play it myself sometimes but I can't at the moment (To play all factions well you need to open 200-300 kegs unless you are lucky).

soph912;n8708410 said:
I don't agree. The Morkvarg/Olgierd/Clan Brokvar Hunter deck is very popular and has often quite some power. I would love to play it myself sometimes but I can't at the moment (To play all factions well you need to open 200-300 kegs unless you are lucky).

You do realize that we are talking about Queensguard, right?

There is a big difference between using Morkvarg as a secondary silver and building a deck around him.

Shuls02;n8709210 said:
You do realize that we are talking about Queensguard, right?

There is a big difference between using Morkvarg as a secondary silver and building a deck around him.

The thread is about [h=1]Skellige Deck Strategies[/h] Not about QG alone...

Whats better at the moment? QG or Morkvarg with Wild Boar? And to those who are saying Skellige is dead, NG and Skellige are easily the best factions atm.

GonzoPunchi;n8748630 said:
Whats better at the moment? QG or Morkvarg with Wild Boar? And to those who are saying Skellige is dead, NG and Skellige are easily the best factions atm.

QG seems bad because NG is prevalent at the moment. Of course, you can try to block their medics with a bear, but unless you go 2-0, they will resurrect at least one of your queensguards first turn in round 2 or 3. This becomes even worse if you create a copy of QG with the Operator, because it lets NG to have two guards.

Morkvarg can only be countered by locking, but you have Sigrdrifa to resurrect him and Donar to unlock. So to me this deck seems much stronger at the moment.

I'm having a lot of fun running a high strength Skellige deck.

I have a couple of strategies that work with this deck but the main units that I utilise are the light longships and Hunters, due to having mainly Melee units I kinda stick mainly to the top row which can be dangerous, but also helps me if they are using a weather deck. sandwiching the right units between a hunter and a longship can work really well.

I use units like Raging Berserkers and Savage Bears to bait out any locks they might have so that it's safe for my main units.

The Prize-winning cow works really well in this set up as well as you can buff it up and stick it next to a Light Longship for an army of Chorts, sandwiching a non-regressive unit between the Wild Boar of the Sea and a light longship also works really well.

This deck works best against NR, Monster (weather decks) & Scoia'tael

Leader
Crach an Craite

Bronze
Berserker Marauder x 1
Clan Brokvar Archer x 1
Clan Brokvar Hunter x 3
Clan an Craite Raider x 2
Clan an Craite Warcryer x2
Light Longship x 3
Priestess of Freya x 2
Raging Berserker x 1
Savage Bear x 2

Silver
Donar an Hindar
Jutta an Dimun
Morkvarg
Sigrdrifa
Prize-winning Cow

Gold
Birna Bran
Wild Boar of the Sea
Ermion
Coral

Special
Decoy
Mardroeme x 2
Alzur's Thunder x 1
Lacerate x1
Bloodcurdling Roar x1

As a NR player mostly, my biggest nightmare is the Skellige Axemen Deck.

777decapitator777;n9317341 said:
Can anyone recommend me any good strategy to stop vicovaro BS?
I used to run Birna in one of my QGs deck. You can steal back one of your QGs. I liked it, specially when I got to steal QGs on mirror matches.

I tried axemans) but most of the time they are just scorched or beaten by those 3 Spotters on 3rd round(
ah and vicovaro stealing and stealing(

Last edited:
In an Axeman deck, which card represents the higher value for them? Veteran or Harpooner?

Have a feeling that it dépends (during a long round) on a third element such as lacerate. But with Tuiseach everywhere Vet are an easy drop with high value and their extra value is never lost.

MShauny;n9637741 said:
In an Axeman deck, which card represents the higher value for them? Veteran or Harpooner?

Have a feeling that it dépends (during a long round) on a third element such as lacerate. But with Tuiseach everywhere Vet are an easy drop with high value and their extra value is never lost.

Harpooners are better. With essentially every unit being agile now, you need someway to align enemy units so your Axemen can absorb damage. You don't run Axemen because of their base power, you run them because they can boost to very high levels while you also damage the opponent; hence, you need to ensure you can cause damage. If you want to use a Tuirseach unit that can benefit from Veterans, use Skirmishers; they're much better at that task than Axemen.

However, I do not think Axemen are viable against competent opponents now. This archetype is the weakest its ever been, and it has almost always been difficult to use (aside from the OP weather phase early open beta). Axemen only taking damage from enemies on the same row was a major nerf (I can't believe CDPR thought the slight increase in base power was enough not to give full mill value for this card, although they can now no longer be banished by Mardroeme, which is nice). The archetype is hard-countered by anything that can move units, and locks are a bigger problem now than they were previously since Donar is now useless. Locking does not seem to be as prevalent now, though. This archetype does have some nice new support cards (Harald, Herbalist, Harpooner, Hailstorm). I guess another positive is that since YenCon, Yennefer, Donar, and Blueboy no longer synergize with Axemen you've freed up 2 gold and 2 silver slots for other cards.

Most all old decks are useless, using 3 freya' is not worth. They work on soldiers only, Sigrdrifa is useless aswell. Axeman + Sihil, Ulfhedinn do wonders together. For silvers, SK storm, white frost. Hard to come up with anything good when cards can be place where ever you want.

IvarsT;n10106041 said:
Most all old decks are useless, using 3 freya' is not worth. They work on soldiers only, Sigrdrifa is useless aswell. Axeman + Sihil, Ulfhedinn do wonders together. For silvers, SK storm, white frost. Hard to come up with anything good when cards can be place where ever you want.

I was thinking the other day how badly they nerfer the ressurect faction but Vicovaro Medics and Caretaker are still able to ress any unit
:huh:

At this point it just seems like they dont know what to do with SK honestly.

Top Bottom