QG deck. Won 12 ranked matches in a row.

+
QG deck. Won 12 ranked matches in a row.

Tested modified Merchant's deck and it's pretty NUTS. Yesterday on 12 ranked matches without a single loss. In two days I had 28 wins and 4 losses + 2 draws. Today I'm lvl 15 (ranked) as I started from lvl 7.

Video:

[video=youtube;dqzh-xM3Fnc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqzh-xM3Fnc&index=3&list=FLAYfd2iEHOnKZxFr0TEaR4A&t=141 2s[/video]

Deck:

What updates I find vital: Replaced Gremist with Operator and added clear skies. Sounds stupid right? but it works well against almost everything. It helped to pull that very needed Priestess of Freya then I needed to resurrect QGs and at works case helps to counter weather. Donar can be useful to pull back yours QG if it drops into opponent's graveyard. But it rarely pulls the right card so operator appears to be more effective.

CORE CARDS: QGs, Cerys, Holger and all the reivive units.

Perfect card pull: One QG, one SM, Draig, Decoy, Bear, Holger, Bear and operator.

Perfect discard: Cerys + two QGs.

Playing it:

First: put bear. It tricks opponent and they might waste valuable shackles. If you have second bear, use it. If tricking works, later hjalmar can shine. Later follows discarding Cerys + two QGs. And after that use everything to boost them. Draig + Decoy = + 6 strength to your QGs. You can find some ways to revive Holger, Draig and boost them even more. Keep in mind that it's a must to keep their power as different value so it gives less chance for Gigni or scorch to shine. In first round end you might revive two of QGs with one in the hand and if you have copied one, use this method to repeat this the next round. In this case you can have from 15 to 41 power to resurrect. Keep in mind that Cerys counter starts spinning very quickly then. I often have her on my board twice.

Coral, spores, demote are perfect for control. Kills dwarfs boosting decks and even copes with Scoiatael spell deck if card draw is fortunate.

Countering weather: Then revived QGs gets heavily damaged, you can use mutagen to reset and even more strengthen them. It's an effective way to force opponent to use more cards and you know that you will be able to resurrect all those "points".

The shieldmaidens works as deck thinner.

DRAWBACKS: Regis, Letho, Caretaker, Succubus and katakan are biggest enemies of this deck. So operator can help to maintain the tempo if one gets consumed. If two gets consumed, then... papers are bad.

So that's my very first tutorial. I hope it helps to someone from getting stuck in low rank level.

Last edited:
These gurls burned me twice yesterday so i got katakan back, maybe will get some ghouls ....

Does the Skellige deck(or any deck for that matter) have the ability to steal an unplayed gold card from the opponent's deck? I was playing a skellige player just now and he threw down Letho. I don't know how he got it.

The only thing that comes to mind is if you were Niflgard and he played Johnny? The card that creates a copy of a card in an opponents deck?

Yep, it's Johnny. Unfortunately I had to drop him, because things that are fun to play often wont work. In 12 matches I managed to have J+Cerys in hand first round just once. I was drawing Johnny pretty often but Cerys? Maybe she was at the beach. When I removed Johnny from the deck, I've drawn Cerys first round for 6 matches (>____<').

Last edited:
Pruny;n9145920 said:
yeah they discard cerys and get a gold card from your deck, saw 2 igni once :(

I bet Johnny would work well in this deck as you can always discard Cerys (and revive her) and pull one more gold.

Top Bottom