SK res decks

+
SK res decks

So I haven't created an SK deck since the patch hence I havent done my due diligence, but what the hell, every damn sk res deck I've been against resurrect incredibly strengthed units on the last turn, last one literally ressed a 20 power bear and 19 power champion troll, how the hell is this possible? Was this even tested? Or am I missing something

Troll strengthens every round of play, plus you have GY strengthens as well. SK just has tons of strengthen mechanics, and those survive through the GY. Then you couple with revive mechanics.

The top factions can still out-point SK though. NR can do it easily, and Sco has too many buffs combined with tons of damage spells.

The best thing SK has going for it is an all-board clear with Kambi, but Kambi is gimmicky and very weak right now, especially with all the spells flying. I played against a Kambi deck, and simply used Artefact Compression. Later Kambi! Mardroeme also works. Hell, I think Bloodcurdling Roar and Tremors counter it nicely too. Board gets blown up, but you get more units.

Still it's pretty stupid man, let's say we get to the third round, two cards for each player, on average I would sum up 20 power on average, sk has the two res maidens and sums up 40 power, there's no way around that unless by a miracle I manage to get scorch on the last round and still won't be making much of a difference, I never had this problem until recently hence my frustration

Mau_91;n9443921 said:
Still it's pretty stupid man, let's say we get to the third round, two cards for each player, on average I would sum up 20 power on average, sk has the two res maidens and sums up 40 power, there's no way around that unless by a miracle I manage to get scorch on the last round and still won't be making much of a difference, I never had this problem until recently hence my frustration

It's not a big of a problem as you think. In order to have 2 res on the last hand it takes luck and even that having the right cards to get to 40 power. Not saying it can't happen but it's not that common of a scenario.

I get your frustration man. I just lost a game against that kind of deck. The guy rezzed a 26 power tuirseach skirmisher. I don't even know how that's possible.

Most frustrating is that he managed to play 3 pirate captains boosted to 13. Aren't they supposed to reset themselves after each turn? I swear he didn't discard anything before playing the last one. Am i getting the captains' ability wrong?

Maybe a bug? I don't know Im done playing against those decks, and yeah glad to see someone had the same problem I did.

QG is just like that; if you get the perfect draw of cards you can buff your girls in rounds 1-2 and deliver a huge knockout blow in round 3. Like, if you've got Operator, DBD, Holger Blackhand, and Cerys, that's a whole lot of buffing. OTOH, sometimes the luck goes the other way. I just played a game where I drew an operator in round 3 --fat lot I can do with that.

Res Decks have great short games. Try to pickup round 1 quickly and aim for a longer round 3. I play Pirate Captains and the games are a lot closer with a longer round 3 than with a short.

Greatswords and Longboat combos get huge if not knocked out immediately, but rely on synergy on one row. If opponent has abilities that move cards to different rows, they falter.

The SK Greatsword/Longboat combos can be powerful if not interrupted. Imo it requires a lot of play and a lot of work on deck creation to make a very valid SK GS deck. A friend of mine and I came up with a deck that uses herbalist--> adrenaline Rush to carry over either a ship (best case, due to regression), Jutta an Dimun (second best) or a greatsword (least preferred). To undo the movement effects u can play dorregaray into drowner, but that works only so often. Summoning Circle can also help move your units to the spot you need them to be in. But that is also of limited use. The only real danger is in assassins that are being deployed up to 7 or 8 times (3 normal, 1 through ceallach, 3 revives through vicovaro and worst case 1 SC). Otherwise it simply depends on the skill of both players or which one plays his deck/faction best.

Top Bottom