Wild Boar of the Sea: what's the catch ?

+
Wild Boar of the Sea: what's the catch ?

Since yesterday I am experimenting with Skellige "self-harm", as I call it, but I can't seem to be able to find a role for the Wild Boar of the Sea. If it damages a unit by 1 and boosts another unit by 1, then the summary is 0. It can be used next to a Greatsword, replacing the Light Longship, but I find this one better for 3 reasons: 1.) it's more self-sufficient, it only needs 1 card on the right and not 2 cards to play its role, 2.) it produces more power (2 instead of 1) and 3.) it doesn't take a gold spot.
Am I missing something here ? Is there something that the Wild Boar of the Sea does well and thus deserves to be included in a deck ?

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Fjormarr;n9791821 said:
Is there something that the Wild Boar of the Sea does well and thus deserves to be included in a deck?

Prize-Winning Cow, if not for the fact that it would be blasted of the face of the board quicker than you can gain value from it.

Having Longships, makes WBotS less needed. But it still has a some use. First of all, it serves as a 4th Longship, in case you didn't draw enough of those. More importantly, it serves as a double strengthening tool for ress targets later on. Play it next to a 12 strength bear and after a few turns you'll have an 18 strength bear you can ress. There are other potential targets, like something you Adrenaline Rushed or Morkvarg/Olgierd in certain cases.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Like 4RM3D said, it basically works as a Longship, but it also STRENGTHENS (not boosts) the unit to the left, which should be a unit you plan to ressurect later.

In the past, i used it on Morkvaarg, to have a super powerful werewolf on all 3 rounds, but was when he rez'ed with -2 strength, now its half strength, which sucks and makes it not worth the strengthening.

Djenge Frett or a strong bronze are good targets, as long as you're opponent isnt Monsters or NG and can screw your graveyard.

or just don't play a unit to the right unless your need to damage/kill... works fine played on the right side as a strengthener only, with conditional damage to it's right
ETA:
the effects are separate, so if one side is empty that side doesn't get the effect

Last edited:
Wild Boar is a legacy unit from the gold immunity days, where it was really good. Now it's not worth the slot in any circumstances. You'l never get enough value to justify it's inclusion, in my experience

Top Bottom