Is There a Good Axemen and Greatswords Hybrid Deck? Suggestions?

+
Is There a Good Axemen and Greatswords Hybrid Deck? Suggestions?

I recently changed to a Axemen and Greatswords deck that seems real unconventional. I haven't had a good win/loss ratio with it despite some very thrilling victories, and I have changed this deck around several times. So maybe if I have a solid deck that I stick with, I'll win more. However, I'm concerned this just isn't a deck that isn't consistently winning matches. A few of these cards I just added today like Herbalist and Adrenaline Rush, Gremist, and Geralt Igni; so the current version is hardly tested. I welcome any suggestions for this deck, and I appreciate feedback. Anyway, my current version of a Axemen and Greatswords hybrid deck is this:

Leader: Harald the Cripple

Bronzes

x3 Tuirseach Axeman.
x2 Clan an Craite Greatsword
x2 Light Longship
x2 Battle Maiden
x2 Whale Harpooner
x2 Priestess of Freya
x1 Herbalist
x1 Adrenaline Rush

Silvers

Sigdrifa
Gremist
Decoy
Udalryk
White Frost
Donar an Hindar

Golds

Birna Bran
Geralt Igni
Coral
Wild Boar of the Sea

Total card count is 25.

I just want a good hybrid deck that gets me more wins than I have had lately, but maybe the core of this hybrid deck is just too difficult to win consistently. The Battle Maiden certainly helps to add feasibility to this hybrid deck significantly, and that is one big reason I even considered this type of deck.

I think one problem with your deck might be that there aren't that may ways to do damage on the opponents side.
Withouth that Axeman are usually not consistent enough.

Also keep in mind that Skellige Storm is better than White Frost in this particular setup because it affects 3 units on one row, so that's up to 3 points for an Axeman unit. Besides, cards like lacerate are recommended for the same reason, and so on.

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions so far.

I have been using a moderately different Axeman and Greatswords hybrid deck for about 3 days now that has more wins than losses in both ranked and casual matches. Hopefully it remains that way. I really like this deck because the core of this hybrid deck is still together, it still remains fun, and it being a mostly winning deck in the first 3 days of use certainly helps. Here is my new deck for people that might be interested in a Tuirseach Axeman and Greatswords hybrid deck:

Leader: Crach an Craite.

Bronzes

x3 Tuirseach Axeman.
x2 Clan an Craite Greatsword
x2 Light Longship
x2 Battle Maiden
x2 Raging Beserker
x2 Priestess of Freya
x1 Whale Harpooner
x1 Gedyneith Flaminica

Silvers

Sigdrifa
Djenge Frett
Dorregaray
Udalryk
Skellige Storm
Donar an Hindar

Golds

Birna Bran
Geralt: Igni
Coral
Wild Boar of the Sea

Total card count: 25.

With the Crach an Craite combination with Djenge Frett, and Frett's 1 point damage to allies like Raging Beserkers and Greatswords being highly useful, this leader and silver unit pair is obviously a big point swing that is pretty reliable, and then Sigdrifa can revive Djenge Frett in the 3rd round for a massive point swing that many enemies can't beat. I also like that Crach an Craite thins the deck, even if it is by one card.

I realized how much of a versatile and a particularly good fit Dorregray is in this deck. Of course, most people like him for his Ekimmara including me (and Wild Boar of the Sea strengthening it is very satisfying and useful when it carries over into the next round), but this deck gives his Drowner particular use because not only is the ability of moving an enemy onto a row with Skellige Storm (with Axemen on the opposite row especially) handy, but the Drowner's ability to move an ally to another row is useful for Greatswords, Light Longships, and Wild Boar of the Sea. You can align your units back up after your enemy moved your units to other rows. Which is another reason why Gedyneith Flaminica is useful besides clearing weather on a row. I have used her before to move relevant units back in alignment with one another.

I haven't gotten a lot of use out of Geralt: Igni so far, but I'll keep him for a little while longer. I might consider removing him for something else though.

The Axemen can be quite useful with 2 cards in the deck that produce Skellige Storm. Having 2 means you of course have a greater likelihood of drawing the right cards for this strategy. If in the instance you draw both Skellige Storm cards, one can be cleared by an enemy, but the second storm won't; this happened with an enemy I played against today.

Feel free to comment on this new A&G (Axeman and Greatswords) hybrid deck I made. It is still fairly early in use, but I feel really positive about it in the first few days of its use.

Top Bottom