Vilgefortz destroy an ally bug.. maybe.

+
Vilgefortz destroy an ally bug.. maybe.

Right so the opponent hadn't passed and I destroyed my own ally - Slave Driver - to put him in to my Graveyard. VGF pulled out an Ointment (I chose res a card with 5 or less Power) yet the Driver didn't appear in the graveyard, the turn ended, playing a blank Ointment. I checked the GY after the turn and he was in there. He was the only one.

Technically, I think I understood what happened.. the Slave Driver was temporarily 'removed' from the game till the current 'play state' had finished (possibly similar to what Dijkstra does where he 'holds' his two cards) but I just don't see why this happens with Vilgefortz seen as he destroys an ally THEN plays the card.

Last edited:
I think it has worked this way for a long time now. I always use Unseen Elder Arachas Queen as an example. When you have a Nekker on the board and consume it with AQ, it doesn't immediately spawn a new Nekker, instead you have to consume two other targets first. At the end, everything gets resolved at the same time. Vilgefortz works in the same way, he destroys an ally and keeps it in a temporary limbo while the final part of his ability is being resolved.

4RM3D;n10132412 said:
I think it has worked this way for a long time now. I always use Unseen Elder Arachas Queen as an example. When you have a Nekker on the board and consume it with AQ, it doesn't immediately spawn a new Nekker, instead you have to consume two other targets first. At the end, everything gets resolved at the same time. Vilgefortz works in the same way, he destroys an ally and keeps it in a temporary limbo while the final part of his ability is being resolved.

Cool, as long as I know for future reference - never really used VGF to draw cards. Cheers.

I always check it, but seen as VGF specifically says destroy an ally, really, he should have been in there. At least I know the ordering, which I still think is off.

Last edited:
Vilgefortz / Vicovaro Novice Bug

I had this bug - I used Vilgefortz to kill my vicovaro novice. Vilgefortz pulled an ointment from deck and since it was round 1, the only resurrect-able unit in my graveyard was supposed to be the vicovaro novice killed by vilgefortz. However the ointment resurrected nothing! It's as if Vilgefortz first plays a card and then destroys a unit, but this isn't mentioned on the card. Infact what's mentioned is exactly the opposite - first destroy then pull and card.

There was a similar thread recently. Basically, the destroyed card doesn't go into graveyard until the end of the turn. Whether it is intended or not is questionable, though.

In any case, the card description is vague and bad. It doesn't mention card not going into graveyard before turn end.

Destroying card with Vig doesnt send to Graveyard

I destroy a unit with less than 5 points and Vig pulls me a ointment. Yet I cannot revive the unit.

Top Bottom