Farseer not boosting

+
Farseer not boosting

Was playing ST,

I put 2 farseers on board.. + one Vrihed officer..

One Farseer boosted, the other one not..

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
That's because, since the Midwinter patch, the positioning of the Farseers matter. They should be placed after the unit that is buffing. So, to be safe, place the Farseer at the bottom right corner.

4RM3D;n10176142 said:
That's because, since the Midwinter patch, the positioning of the Farseers matter. They should be placed after the unit that is buffing. So, to be safe, place the Farseer at the bottom right corner.

so its a bug..there is no description about positioning.. its just bug..

Mashajab;n10302412 said:
so its a bug..there is no description about positioning.. its just bug..

It's not a bug. The mechanic was explained in a dev video (link).

While I agree it should be explained somewhere in-game as well (you can send feedback on it here), it's working as intended.

It's strange because the goal of this update was to make the game simplier, yet the way Farseer work is so much more complicated and convoluted. I can't blame Mashajab for being confused here.

I have struggled with an issue for a long time, I am surprised it is not mentioned anywhere. I have lost plenty of games because farseer in my scoia'teal deck does not boost itself. It was worst before the recent hotfix (maybe 50% of the time I played it) but it still happens too often. It does not seem to matter in what context it is played, sometimes it refuses to boost itself while other units in my hand or on the field were boosted on my turn. Often I play Vrihedd dragoon to boost the cards in my hand or use Triss butterfly spell on the field and in both cases when a card other than farseer was boosted farseer did not boost itself. it has happened with other cards as well and does not consistently work or fail in any situation.

So to know how to play that card I am required to watch a Dev video since it does not state that anywhere else. That does not seem like a great way to communicate how cards work.

Oh this also happened to me i had to experiment several games to understand how the buff works
They need to change the text because it is inconsistent. If the faarser must be in the right of the buffed card why it activates with vridhedd dragon since that card buff the hand
:hmm:

rodvari;n10324652 said:
If the faarser must be in the right of the buffed card why it activates with vridhedd dragon since that card buff the hand
It's not what you buff, but who/what apply the buff. This happens only when things are about to happen "simultaneously". So if you play a card with a boost deploy effect, no matter where you put it on the board, your Farseer will trigger, because its effect happen by the turn's end and the boost already happened. Now if you have another card that boosts anything by the turn's end, then it happens "at the same time" as the Farseer effect, and then it follows the rule presented in the Dev Stream linked above: the sequence of triggering will happen Melee to Siege Row, Left to Right. This way if your Farseer is on the left side of the Dragon, the Farseer will trigger first, and since no units got boosted yet, nothing will happen, and later the Dragon will bost your hand.

Another example explaining this effect. Imagine that you have two Vran Warriors on the same timer and a Nekker, all on the same row, positioned like this:
Vran Vran Nekker
Now both Vrans are about to trigger this turn. What is gonna happen? Will the Nekker get eaten? No it won't, the leftmost Vran will trigger first, eating the one in the mid, and the Monster player will probably be pissed :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation

Theodrik;n10325132 said:
the sequence of triggering will happen Melee to Siege Row, Left to Right

Well this wasnt explained ever in the tutorial, is rather absurd that people have to watch an old video to understand this or complain in the forums in my case :p

rodvari;n10325152 said:
Well this wasnt explained ever in the tutorial, is rather absurd that people have to watch an old video to understand this or complain in the forums in my case :p
they joys of learning

the joys of learning things you shouldn't have to waste time learning.

I feel like if the description says "If any units are boosted during the turn, boost self by 2 at the end of turn," then that's what it needs to do. While the sequence of triggering may matter to Consume units which remove pieces off the board, it should not matter or apply to boosting.

No Title

I have an issue where my positioning was correct yet my farseers didn't boost. I played Zoltan and moved a card to the melee row while my 2 farseers were on the siege row yet they didn't boost. I am adding an image that shows what I'm talking about. Is this a bug because I can't understand why else they didn't boost.

Attachments

• photo197392.jpg
    photo197392.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 72
Freddiefirtz;n10480182 said:
Is this a bug because I can't understand why else they didn't boost.

Farseers only get boosted when another unit is Boosted. Zoltan Strengthens, he doesn't Boost, which is why your Farseers didn't trigger.

had an issue with dragoons and farseers lately with the farseers boosting only occasionally of the dragoons. I found out that the farseers will only boost if they are placed in a position after the dragoon (prioritizing from melee to siege and left to right, as they both trigger on turn end) as previous poists have mentioned

This may be an intended effect; it just feels a bit frustrating/punishing if you don't know this exact fact (which isn't clear at all)

Last edited:
Bug between Vrihedd Dragoon and Farseer

On round one I had on range row a Vrihedd Dragoon. On melee and siege row a Farseer. Only one Farseer was boosted.
On round three I had on range row a Vrihedd Dragoon. On range and siege row a Farseer. Both Farseer were boosted.
There's a bug on these cards synergy.

inacion

Thread merged.

In addition to rows themselves, placement on the row also matters; effects trigger from left to right. That might explain what you experienced, if in the latter case the ranged row Farseer was placed further right than the Dragoon.

If that wasn't the case, you can report the issue.

inacion;n10582752 said:
On round one I had on range row a Vrihedd Dragoon. On melee and siege row a Farseer. Only one Farseer was boosted.
On round three I had on range row a Vrihedd Dragoon. On range and siege row a Farseer. Both Farseer were boosted.
There's a bug on these cards synergy.
Effects trigger in english writing order on the board (so melee row, left to right, then weather/boons, ranged row... etc) so if Farseer is above or to the left of an effect that fires on turn end, she will check before others fire off, potentially missing the boost
she also seems to miss boosts from Royal Decree, Alzhur's DC, Marching Orders, etc... that occur before the deploy ability of a card. It's been reported

Top Bottom