Bug Xavier Moran, Sheldon Skaggs, Artifact Compression

+
Bug Xavier Moran, Sheldon Skaggs, Artifact Compression

I tried some Decks with Xavier Morann and Sheldon Skaggs. Two of the last matches I faced a bug:

Sheldon was played, his effect triggered completely. As he was one of the highest units my opponents used Artifact Compression on him. Xavier only bossted himselfs by 2 not 9 because Sheldon Skaggs was pulled by Barclay Els.

Does Compression really mean, that the unit wasn't played? That doesn't seem right to me.

CDPR please give me some clarification. If this interaction isn't correct, please fix this!

You can send a ticket to CDPR support here: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

Basically the "2" respresents Sheldon because that card was transformed into this two strength unit. After that special card is played Shel don S. really doesn't exist for the game anymore.However from that point of view it's very questionable why Xavier even gets buffed by the compressed unit, because it no longer has a Dwarf tag.

But as mentioned before, it's best to send a ticket in that matter.

Thanks, I did that.

Maybe the 2 comes from Barclay Els.
But what I don't understand: The card text says the last different dwarf you played. In this case I doesn't matter if Skaggs still exists, he was definitely the last different dwarf I played!

swasnong;n10777681 said:
Thanks, I did that.

Maybe the 2 comes from Barclay Els.
But what I don't understand: The card text says the last different dwarf you played. In this case I doesn't matter if Skaggs still exists, he was definitely the last different dwarf I played!

Yeah, but the last dwarf you played ceases to exist in his original state.
Anyhow, in the end it's very much a matter of interpretation and as mentioned before I kinda understand your confusion. It's not really something you can easily expect from the description of the card.

If last dwarf was transformed Xavier "skips" that unit and checks second-last dwarf. Nevertheless it's an interesting interaction;p

Just encountered this myself as well. Honestly I consider this a bug. Xavier's description clearly states that it buffs by default power of the last dwarf played. It shouldn't matter what happened to that dwarf before or after, neither Barclay nor Artifact Compression nor any other cards should have any effect on it. As far as I know Artifact Compression doesn't or at least shouldn't include any time travel elements and make the playing of the dwarf unhappen. :)

Actually I like the way Xavier was designed as it eliminates any kind of exploits with Barclay and other buffing or strengthening effects, but it's only fair if he also couldn't get bricked then.

swasnong did you get any reply on whether they consider this bug or as intended?

Xavier Morhan Bug [ Artefact Compression ]

Hi guys ,

i'm playing frenceska with Xavier Morhan and i'm playing only sheldon skagss as a dwarf..
When sheldon got AC ( from coral ) then my xavier getting 2 value ( from ac value) why ?

i think it's a bug ..

kaanakyuz;n10960310 said:
Hi guys ,

i'm playing frenceska with Xavier Morhan and i'm playing only sheldon skagss as a dwarf..
When sheldon got AC ( from coral ) then my xavier getting 2 value ( from ac value) why ?

i think it's a bug ..

Thread merged

This is actually not a bug, it is designed like this.

Let's say you played a silver/bronze unit from your hand. Your opponent played Coral, and compressed your unit. If you play Summoning Circle after that, you will play 2 point artefact unit. Whenever your one of unit be compressed, game sees that you played a 2 point artefact from your hand.

If we're talking about Sheldon interaction, it's actually same situation. Game counts that, your Barclays Els pulled a 2 point artefact and played. After transformation, that card doesn't count at all. Xavier's buff probably comes from Barclays'.

I can agree, this is a wrong text issue actually. Text has problem but interaction is working well.

Top Bottom