Fatal error microsoft store

+
Fatal error microsoft store

Hello everyone, after the update the game no longer starts from the microsoft store, I receive the following message;

Fatal error
failed to load PlayerSettings (index number #0)
Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching editor and platform support versions.

I have already tried to uninstall the game, which one knows how to solve?

Yes, I confirm this error. It seems, CDPR has uploaded a corrupted file.

Last edited:
devivre;n10876531 said:
Please contact CDPR support and let them know: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

You don't have to do that. I've already contacted them and the only thing they replied was "We are looking into that". Well well and how long will this "looking" last? I wanted to make it to GM this season...

Windows store got the last update 2 days later than the other platforms. Windows Gwent app also has a lot less features than GOG app (+ Windows app cannot use gwent tracker)...and now this? It seems to me that they are just wiping their asses with Windows players...

Sariel_;n10877711 said:
You don't have to do that. I've already contacted them and the only thing they replied was "We are looking into that". Well well and how long will this "looking" last? I wanted to make it to GM this season...

Windows store got the last update 2 days later than the other platforms. Windows Gwent app also has a lot less features than GOG app (+ Windows app cannot use gwent tracker)...and now this? It seems to me that they are just wiping their asses with Windows players...

Please DO report issues. Further reports help to identify how widespread problems are; they're instrumental in prioritizing issues.

Also, we're not getting into platform wars.

The game is being developed evenly across all three systems. The problem is simply that certain problems arise on one platform and not the others. Fixing things takes time.

Sariel_;n10877711 said:
[...](+ Windows app cannot use gwent tracker)[...]
trackers are not a product of CDPR... if you want to complain about those, complain to their makers... and you should probably be thankful since they're developed on the same codebase as backdoor trojans

Void_Singer;n10878611 said:
trackers are not a product of CDPR... if you want to complain about those, complain to their makers... and you should probably be thankful since they're developed on the same codebase as backdoor trojans

Yes, I know Gwent tracker is not CDPR's product but it's a mode for CDPR's game! It's a mode which is clearly making an advantage for GOG app players. So either the developers of the mode should make it available for all platfroms (which is for 99% not possible) or CDPR should ban it.

Sariel_;n10878671 said:
Yes, I know Gwent tracker is not CDPR's product but it's a mode for CDPR's game! It's a mode which is clearly making an advantage for GOG app players. So either the developers of the mode should make it available for all platfroms (which is for 99% not possible) or CDPR should ban it.

This section of the forums is not meant for discussions like this one!

Besides, there already are threads dealing with this matter, like for example this one: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...0-should-gwent-tracker-be-patched-to-everyone - if you want to share your opinion regarding trackers, please do it in threads like that one.

I've also been getting the same error. Uninstalling and re-downloading the game has not fixed the issue.
(This game-breaking error is also hitting right when I was gonna make my push for GM)

The saddest part is that CDPR don't even bother themselves to make an official statement about this issue. This just shows how much they ignore the Windows platform because most of the players play on GOG app...

Last edited:
After today's update the error message no longer appears, but the game does not start anyway.

devivre;n10888431 said:
Have you tried reinstalling the game? That might fix the issue.

Reinstallation is the most obvious thing when problem like this occures...

Day 4 and CDPR still didn't bother themselves to make a statement.

devivre;n10888431 said:
Have you tried reinstalling the game? That might fix the issue.

Well, we users aren't idiots. Resetting the game, deleting the game and reinstalling the game don't do anything to fix CDPR's bug. The bug is in the Win10Store edition gwent code. Period.

Top Bottom