Mouse and Menu Scrolling Bug

+
Mouse and Menu Scrolling Bug

In menus, the screen keeps scrolling through all the different options rapidly. The only way I've found to stop it it to click at the top of the screen where nothing is with my mouse and leave my cursor there. Then I switch to keyboard to scroll through everything. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and the issue was not fixed.

This is just shot in the dark since I know nothing about PCs, but have you tried verifying/repairing via GOG?

[BUG] Autoscrolling Menus

Every time I've opened the game, it has been extremely difficult to select anything from the main menu due to the game constantly automatically scrolling through every option with no way to stop it. I have only been able to select options by spamming clicks on the menu tabs and then clicking the desired icon before the automatic scrolling can start up again.

This has been occurring on a Windows 10 laptop PC, i7 processor, nvidia gt 635m.

I am sorry for digging this thread up, but I have the exact same issue and this is the only result I got from Google. Verifying / repairing did not help. It's not a keyboard / mouse problem, since I have had no issues with either of them in the past. It's also not a controller issue as someone on Reddit suggested, as I unplugged all controllers and the problem persisted.

Some help would be very much appreciated. This issue is very frustrating and I think it's happening more often progressively.

I have the same issue :( Very disappointed, I was really looking forward to try out gwent, but this infinite scrolling bug is so frustrating, that it makes it impossible to enjoy the game.

Joining those who really want this to be fixed.

Constant Scrolling downwoards in Singleplayer Menu

I have following problem, or bug: If I go into the Card collection or into the singleplayer menu, the options are constantly scrolled through downwoards. Somehow there must be an controller bug, where this occurs. I actually play with mouse and keyboard. Due to this bug i can't play the singleplayer missions or look through the crad collection. Using a controller did not resolve the issue. Also looking for a device, which could have occured this resolved in failure. I have disconnected all the devices I had connected and the scrolling still occured.
Maybe the issue lies in my mouse(Roccat Tyon) which has a thin.switch which is actually a controller for tilting airplaines ... But disonnecting the mouse did not help.

I would appreciate any help, I hope you understood my problem and I'm looking forward to your replies :)

Try clicking your mouse wheel once in an inactive space.

If that doesn't work, restart your PC, then verify / repair the game through Galaxy.

Still no? Power off your PC. Unplug the mouse. Power the PC back up. Once at the Windows Desktop, use the TAB key to cycle through your icons (or use the Windows button and arrow keys to find Gwent in the Start Menu) and start the game by pressing ENTER. Once in the game, plug the mouse in and see if the problem continues.

Let us know if that did anything.

Just confirming, you are sure you have no peripherals like a joystick or gamepad connected? Sounds like classic drift when two devices are using the same "channel" in a game.

Thank you very much SgilFey!
I have repaired the game and also deactivated all controller drivers in the device manager, which worked out.
Since I use my PS4 controller with a "DS4 Windows" tool for simulating an xbox controller I also have some extra drivers installed. Shuting down the programm did nothing, maybe the deactivation of the drivers helped maybe repairing the game, can't tell it right now.

If I know it I will add it here.
Clicking the mouse wheel did nothing.

Thank you very much!

Hoorays!

It may have just been USB device history building up in Windows. Do you happen plug peripherals into different USB slots at times, or do you always use the same slot for the same peripheral? (Just curious. If it's fixed now...we may never know. Which is fine. :p)

I've had the same kind of bug on several games. For my part it's due to some drivers used by my headtracking camera and software. (VJoy Virtual Joystick driver) Some games don't take the those into account and it messes up the scrolling. Uninstalling the drivers fixes the problem (it did on Gwent), but I remember some games got fixed as well...

PS. I sent a ticket through the contact support link

Last edited:
I had some VirtuelXInput drvers installed, I think the problem lies within any Emulator Driver. I actually only use my PS4 Controller always at the same slot.
The error occured again, repairing the game did not work. I don't really get where the problem lies, but it must be something with the drivers.:shrug:

Is this ever gonna get fixed? I can't do anything if it keeps scrolling through the menus.

I wouldn't even know which drivers to remove.

As far as I know, no one has been able to track down exactly what's causing it. You can try renaming the xinput1_3.dll file, or moving it out of its directory. That's worked for some. (Just be aware that updates or verifying / repairing your installation will put it back, so you'll have to do it again.)

Aside from that, I have no idea. It's not something that many users are experiencing, which makes it hard to track down.

Continuous ''scrolling'' whilst in a selection screen.

PC specs.JPG

As the title says I'm experiencing a bug on PC that everywhere it is possible to select something; selecting a deck, cards, or whatnot, it keeps going or selecting to go left. This happens without me touching anything.

I've tried removing my mouse hoping that was the issue but nothing yet. Just downloaded Gwent two days ago and right at the start had the issue. I could still manage starting games by spamming right arrow and then quickly pressing enter to select something but it becomes impossible to mill a card for example.

I've recorded it on my phone and uploaded it to youtube. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Gwent is installed on my SSD.

Last edited:
This is most likely caused by a (Xbox) gamepad. Please try to remove all controllers.

I don't have a xbox gamepad. Only external equipment I have is my old Logitech MX-518 mouse.

I have verified the game in GOG and it is updated correctly aswell.

vanpetsy

There goes my good idea. Well, you could still try the following:

Try clicking your mouse wheel once in an inactive space.

Still no result? Power off your PC. Unplug the mouse. Power the PC back up. Once at the Windows Desktop, use the TAB key to cycle through your icons (or use the Windows button and arrow keys to find Gwent in the Start Menu) and start the game by pressing ENTER. Once in the game, check if you still have the infinite scrolling. Repeat the same process but remove the keyboard instead. Something is interfering with you controls.

Still nothing? Then please contact support and ask them to look into things.

Thanks so much for connecting my post with another about the same issue! I didn't find this post since I found it hard to describe.
I've read that entire thread and tried uninstalling vjoy which I installed for something a while back.

After the uninstall and rebooting it was fixed!

Top Bottom