Connection Issues: Public Beta

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaob_N7;n10553682 said:
Suddenly I cannot login to the game on one of my two PCs. "Could not connect to Gwent servers. Please check you internet connection and try again"

I have verified game files, then reinstalled the game, I have launched it without GOG running, nothing works.

EDIT: Must be a bug with some persistent game file, this first started when I tried to login to the game while downloading a large file which was using all my network bandwidth. After the DL was done however Gwent continued to refuse to login... I don't know how on earth the problem managed to persist after a re-install of the files but a reboot of the PC and suddenly Gwent is happy again.

I moved your post, because we have this thread here for issues like that.
So, the problem is solved and Gwent works fine now ?

Guest 4273762

I'm on ps4 and since the new update all my matches have ended in connection lost and I have to keep restarting the game. Never happened like this before. Please look into this.

Jinzetsu;n10571812 said:
I'm on ps4 and since the new update all my matches have ended in connection lost and I have to keep restarting the game. Never happened like this before. Please look into this.

I also got stuck in a loading screen on PS4 today (which has never happened before), while waiting for the match to begin.

I'd recommend sending a ticket to Support: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

CDPR YOUR BETTER THEN THIS

On xbox and pc there are so many connection issues that the only two words that should describe your current state of mind is ASHAMED, and EMBARRASSED. I've played two ranked matched, one just flat out froze on the beginning loading screen of a ranked match on xbox one (insta lose) then the second was on pc, where my oppenent and I played 3 rounds of "CONNECTION LOST" followed by "YOUR OPPENENT'S CONNECTION IS LOST." Repeated 8 times then I disconnected with two cards left in the last round. I played 8 rounds of arena. Six on xbox and two on pc. Two of my arena games on xbox froze both times when trying to play the card that was farthest right in my hand for some reason. Then I switched to pc where my 1st game went fine and my second game it seemed my oppenent couldnt play any cards in the 2nd round because all I could see is them highlighting all their cards in a panic as the timer ran down ultimately sealing them a unfair loss. IF WE DIDN'T RECEIVE 3 free arena runs I'd be way more upset. But even then all the hype and excitement I built up while at work today thinking of how much fun it is to open 'end of season' kegs on two platforms and then get my first taste of an exciting new gamemode i've been wanting to play for months now has been put towards me ranting on your forum, reading on reddit about all the glitches, complaining to my roommate about how disappointed I am with day one of the new season and the official public rollout of the much anticipated arena mode. My roommate replied, maybe a beer and some Monster Hunter World tonight will cheer you up. I replied back, "not exactly what I had planned for tonight but that sounds a million times better then being frustrated the rest of the night, let me just finish this forum post and we will play some MHW."

Possible Hacker or Unfair Server Problems?

I was playing Arena today, against a roper. Every turn he kept roping. So I'm like, "I'll do it to him, let's see how he likes it." I rope him, then play my card then it's his turn again. The time goes down all the way down to zero (because roping me again) but it stays there. The music keeps playing, the premium cards are still moving, etc. I couldn't do anything though, so I was forced to quit the game and that counted as a loss for me. I have a clip of it too.

Can't Connect To Gwent Anymore ?

I played earlier today when the new Arena Mode was first added and rewards for ranked play were handed out - everything seemed fine then - that was, perhaps, 18 hrs or so ago? Came back from dinner break at work @4 hrs ago to find I could not connect after repeated attempts, figured 'maybe there's a patch in progress' ... went back to work, am no back try to play some 5 hrs later and still having the same issue. Anyone else having problems?

Last edited:
Are the Gwent servers currently down? Have they been down for the last 5 or 6 hrs at least? I'm wondering b/c about 18 hrs or so ago I was doing fine playing the new Arena stuff and collecting my Rank Rewards but now for the past 6 hrs or so I keep getting the same error message when trying to connect and play. I just want to know if they're down, or if, instead, I'm suffering from something put in a recent patch that is blocking me from getting back in. Thanks !

Apologies, I just figured out my problem - apparently, my anti-virus software wanted a computer reboot and didn't feel like being ignored ... am now back on the game :)

I have read now several messages that PS4 players experiencing connections issues have not seen them before Arena was introduced. Unfortunately I cannot confirm that. I installed the game on my PS4 in November and connection issues have been a topic from day one. I normally play for around three hours and I have the usual symptoms (connection / opponent connection lost during a game, search for opponent forever, oops something went wrong, etc.) about 3 times in average. Only solution is restarting the game. And yes, my internet connection is fine, I checked several times in the beginning.

With the introduction of Arena yesterday the situation has become much worse, and I did not even play Arena, just ranked and casual (seeing all the posts popping up in the afternoon already). Also this very thread started in May last year. Obviously the server infrastructure is either not able to handle the number of players or the resilience of the game handling connectivity problems on the server side is very poor. I am pretty sure CDPR understands that. So to introduce a much hyped and desired new game mode, which will cause a surge in game play activity without preparing your infrastructure for it seems reckless to me (and I am not even talking about the bugs of arena mode itself).

If there is one message I have heard over the last few months, it is this one: CDPR, we really want to love this game. We want to believe that it will be fantastic once finished. But you don't want to lose your credibility because of technical issues, because then we stop playing for the wrong reasons.

I understand that balancing is a complex issue and takes time and gets more complex with every new card, new modes need to be tested on a large scale, which the PTR cannot offer, to find bugs. Changes can breaks things unexpectantly. But this should be limited to the game, not the technical playing experience. If I get frustrated, because I cannot even play the damn thing because of infrastructure problems, how do you expect me to remain calm and provide constructive feedback on the actual game bugs. Even top streamers are making fun of the connection problems as being a part of the daily playing experience. I cannot get any more sarcastic than that.

So CDPR, please fix the server infrastructure, because the last thing you want is that people stop playing because of some stupid server problems.

ErraticSpawn;n10582052 said:
I have read now several messages that PS4 players experiencing connections issues have not seen them before Arena was introduced. Unfortunately I cannot confirm that. I installed the game on my PS4 in November and connection issues have been a topic from day one

In this case it would also be best to send a ticket to CDPR support:
https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

In general I'd recommend a fresh installation of the game on PS4. I had connection and client problems on PS4 after the Midwinter patch and completely reinstalling the game actually improved that.

Frequent disconnections in both Arena and Ranked play leading to losses

I have been experiencing this of late (since the arena mode was released).
Suffice to say it has added greatly to the general fustration of playing this game.
Anyone else experiencing the same?

Yes the game is unplayable for me. Randomly freezes ever since the last patch. Ridiculous.

Go to technical support and make a ticket. Even though I'm sure the devs know already. BTW do you play on PC or a console?

lumpadump;n10585292 said:
I have been experiencing this of late (since the arena mode was released).
Suffice to say it has added greatly to the general fustration of playing this game.
Anyone else experiencing the same?

I have experienced both before and after the patch... I can go 3 hours with no problem and then disconnect or crash 3 times in 5 games. It will usually just sit on the "searching for match" screen or "connection lost" screen infinitely and I have to force quit the game to stop it.

PS4

devivre;n10583662 said:
In this case it would also be best to send a ticket to CDPR support:
https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

In general I'd recommend a fresh installation of the game on PS4. I had connection and client problems on PS4 after the Midwinter patch and completely reinstalling the game actually improved that.

Ticket has been sent. Having worked in IT for many years I understand your recommendation of a fresh installation. However, since the issue is obviously not limited to a few clients but rather to many clients (if not the majority) the problem seems to be at the backend. Of course, improvements may be necessary at the client side as well, but if so I would like to see an official update and statement by CDPR if that would be the case.

I'm not sure if this counts as a connection issue. Oponnent disconnected in the middle of a match, It counted as a 1 out of 9 contract victories, but also it counted like one of my three loses.

8 months ago i quited gwent bc of this !!and nothing changed......

Hello ??? so for 8 months no one had even tryed to fix lag switching ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? i lost 3 games in a row in arena mode bc of connection lost what is that ? ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Done with this game again ....... 3/0 on arena disconected from 1 game and it counted as 3 loses and i didn't even recieve a reward from that ........... ........

I've experienced a lot of latency since last week, with easily a 5sec. to 20sec. delay on every action during games, and it comes and goes during some games. I don't know what causes it, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't come from me. I've toyed with my settings, it changed nothing, and my computer should run the game without issue anyway, and my connection works well, as usual, so I really don't know where it comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom