Connection Issues: Public Beta

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey sorry for 2x post. No edit button from phone

So I played 5 more games. 2 disconnections. I've checked all in my pc and Internet has no problem with all the rest.

Why Don't you make it so that the loss happens after 3 passes without playing a card?

Do you plan on releasing a fix soon?

I love the game but really in 2017 loosing for connection break for a nanosecond is honestly ridiculous

Please excuse me for being critical but I was waiting all the week to play and now that I have time this is the situation...

ScalaRealeMassima;n8988570 said:
Hey sorry for 2x post. No edit button from phone

Try holding your phone sideways?

About connection issues, have you tried to shut down all extra programs (including internet browser) while playing? Does restarting the Galaxy help at all? Any difference if you launch the game via GOG or desktop shortcut?

Sunsibar;n8989120 said:
Try holding your phone sideways?

About connection issues, have you tried to shut down all extra programs (including internet browser) while playing? Does restarting the Galaxy help at all? Any difference if you launch the game via GOG or desktop shortcut?

Thanks for answering.

I have tried everything.

I read about problems with chrome, I unistalled it completely.
I don't have anything running in the background.
I unistalled the antivirus and I am running windows defender only.
I did a port forward from what I could find online.
I tried to give max priority to the game.
I ran game from various shortcuts.

I have an i7 with 12GB of ram and a good video card, my connection is 60mb optical.

Something else I can do?

PS: it started all after the MM "fix" first I'd get a DC once in a while, now almost every game.

Can I have an answer if this is a priority issue?
The products is just unusable, and as I paid for it I want at least to know what to do next.
At this state I have to quit but what about my money?

My speed test to PL

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6400118204

Last edited:
ScalaRealeMassima;n8989680 said:
Can I have an answer if this is a priority issue?

All I know is that REDs are constantly working for making things better. You may also want to check here for reconnect issues. Let's wait and see what Support answers to you. In the meanwhile, you can browse these Tech Support forums and see if there's something else you could try.

Sunsibar;n8991610 said:
All I know is that REDs are constantly working for making things better. You may also want to check here for reconnect issues. Let's wait and see what Support answers to you. In the meanwhile, you can browse these Tech Support forums and see if there's something else you could try.

Thanks for your help but I have checked everything, nothing work and you can see my connection in the post above is 100mb/s both ways to PL with 55 ping.
Now I even reinstalled win 10 and only gwent, same issues.
It is something with the game/servers.

Support says they do not know how to fix it at the moment.
and no reconnect feature but instant loss for an error caused by the game is non sense.

I am forced to quit on something that I just invested money and time on(opening kegs, making deck/ trying to fix the program in the past 2 days but without even much gameplay as intended).
What can I say, enjoy my money.

by the way:
  • GOG content.
  • c) Money back guarantee: if you buy any GOG content and have significant technical issues with it (e.g. there is a major show stopper bug in a game that prevents you from finishing it), we will give you a full refund if all the following requirements are met:
    • (i) You must have genuine significant technical issues with the GOG content.
    • (ii) You need to contact GOG Customer Support to request the refund within 30 days of the original purchase (if you received it from a GOG-authorised exchange for another product, then the 30 day period starts running from the date of exchange).
    • (iii) GOG Customer Support must have a reasonable time period in which to try to resolve the issue before they process the refund to you.

(i) I loose matches for no reason
(ii) I did within 30 days
(iii) they did not give any help, did not check my logs or offer any solution, and even said payments are non refundable while on agreement this is different.

Last edited:
Tech Support is handling issues as they can, but they are really busy since open beta -- there will be delays. The random disconnects have been an issue since closed beta, and work is ongoing. It seems like it's gotten a bit better, but I'm not sure if they've definitively nailed down what's causing it. We need to continue asking for patience. This isn't an easy bug...this is a really difficult bug.

ScalaRealeMassima
As for purchases / refunds, if you do not receive the kegs you have purchased, and the money has definitely been debited from your account, please notify CDPR directly about that. That can certainly be refunded. If you did receive the kegs, then I'm not sure that much can be done about micro-transactions being refunded. If you are still within 30 days of originally installing the game, it might be an argument you can make, though. Either way, there is nothing that can be done about purchases on the forums; please, contact CDPR directly. Feel free to follow up as needed if you are not getting a response.

https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

ScalaRealeMassima;n8993040 said:
Feel free to follow up as needed if you are not getting a response.

https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

Hey I understand, I was really tilted as the games disconnected in almost every single destroying all my progress that I made.

It is really difficult bug, saw it in action on myself:)

My point if a reconnect system is made, this bug will be meaningless(if the dc was even true - which is not because after game is still online - I would reconnect in 1 second), while trying to solve it can take much more time then creating a reconnect.
it will also help with all those real DCs.

as for the rest I guess there is nothing to do, but I am glad someone gave me a cooperative answer finally(thanks for PM)

ScalaRealeMassima;n8999530 said:
My point if a reconnect system is made, this bug will be meaningless(if the dc was even true - which is not because after game is still online - I would reconnect in 1 second), while trying to solve it can take much more time then creating a reconnect. it will also help with all those real DCs.

Not sure I'm understanding exactly what this post means, but hopefully this will clarify a bit. As of now, I don't believe that anyone is certain what is causing it. It happens on public, wireless connections, it happens on direct cable connections, it happens on private fiber-optics connections. Whatever is happening seems to be occurring seemingly at random when both users send large packets of data to the server for processing, then must "simultaneously" receive the results of that processing (like match resolution at the end of a game, for example, but it can occur at any point).

Sometimes, it seems one player receives the data; sometimes it seems neither player receives the data. Either way, the data processing does not go as expected and results in the bug. As far as I know, no direct cause has ever been announced.

SigilFey;n9015950 said:
Not sure I'm understanding exactly what this post means, but hopefully this will clarify a bit. As of now, I don't believe that anyone is certain what is causing it. It happens on public, wireless connections, it happens on direct cable connections, it happens on private fiber-optics connections. Whatever is happening seems to be occurring seemingly at random when both users send large packets of data to the server for processing, then must "simultaneously" receive the results of that processing (like match resolution at the end of a game, for example, but it can occur at any point).

Sometimes, it seems one player receives the data; sometimes it seems neither player receives the data. Either way, the data processing does not go as expected and results in the bug. As far as I know, no direct cause has ever been announced.

No, that is not my point. I understand about the bug and how hard is to fix.

My point is, if a reconnect feature is made, all you wrote does not matter anymore.
Now when this happens(Or you really dc for the instance) you loose. It would suck even only for real DC, but paired to this bug is game breaking.

If one after disconnecting, could rejoin within let's say within 1/2 mins, then all this would be solved!
Of course abuse would not be possible, because if you don't rejoin after 1/2 you loose rank points and game.

But 99% of DCs now are this bug.
If instead of instant loss, one can rejoin the game within a time limit, problem solved!

Question is, how hard is to make such a reconnect system? (real question I have no idea)

Right now this is priority number 1, I see so many players reporting this, there is time to fix the bug, but as it looks like no solution is near, let's do this workaround which will be a nice feature anyway!

It is getting worse and worse.

Just played about 8 games, 2 dc.

1 right at the start, non chance to play: -rank

another was the top DC so far, very intense match vs Kambi, I am 1 card ahead and forced him to play kambi in round 2 after being 1-0 for me.
then 3 rd round I WIN AND IT DCs right at the end, giving me a loss and -rank.

I am unable to rank up now I have lost more then 20 games like this and still have positive w/r, cannot get kegs for the ranks I want, support answers me there is nothing they can do about this bug, yet they cannot refund me("ingame purchase" but I purchased kegs to make a deck and play, not to DC, I try to make a point but I just get "we are very sorry nothing to do")

Really...just rageeeeee

EDIT: 2 more, 4 dcs today, internet is fine it does not change anything if I close everything or not, but when I have something open it goes normal without DC but of course then game give the win to the opponent.

when we play with my brother full of DCs as well but he gets the wins.

Last edited:
Loosing MMR on game client crush

I might get a little emotional since I JUST LOST over 90 MMR a few times IN A ROW because the application crashed mid-match with the message "a problem occurred with the game client blah blah blah, ending the game", having me on the defeated side of course!

Can we fix this please?

Look I get it with service interruption and such - bad internet is something I CAN FIX.

But here I loose a match because -your- code doesn't work. Its not MY fault that game goes out of sync or match stops running because of some internal logic issue that I DID NOT trigger on purpose and which YOU haven't yet fixed.

Most of the time you don't even get past round one. Stop considering this games as played ones because they WEREN'T. No MMR lost for defeated side, no gain for the winner, disgraceful.

P.S. 2 times it happened on the succubus trigger turn under weather where she had nothing to move.

Last edited by a moderator:
SentryOmega thread merged

While I can understand that situations like that can be frustrating, that is still no excuse for being rude. When you dial back the swearing, people are more inclined to help you. This game is still in beta and issues are bound to occur at some point. For now, please bare with it a little longer. CDPR is working to resolve all issues.

No Title

same here.

Attachments

• photo156120.png
    photo156120.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 41
Bandwidth

I have limited GOG's download to 2mb's so I don't stress my internet load (I live in China) How much bandwidth is needed to run GWENT smoothly? Had 3 dc's this morning already before a card has been played (defeat). My bad?

No end of DC's tonight during matches, kids getting frustrated with losing. Wont be back until this is fixed.

gards;n9091870 said:
I have limited GOG's download to 2mb's so I don't stress my internet load (I live in China) How much bandwidth is needed to run GWENT smoothly? Had 3 dc's this morning already before a card has been played (defeat). My bad?

Not that much, but pretty much any bandwidth interruption wreaks havoc with online gaming. i.e. Even though I have a 100 mb/s connection, because my PC is hooked up to the router wirelessly, I really can't play any online games reliably. Everything eventually loses connection; action games like CoD are completely unplayable. Even the old 20 mb/s connection at my old residence had no trouble whatsoever because I was hooked up via a LAN cable.

I didn't had any problems with the connection, till I returned to play in Ranked - it all started there.

^ Stopped playing Ranking for few days now - "Connection lost" message is almost gone now, actually - I haven't seen it all day yesterday. And I could see it more and more often with more playing in Ranked and less and less when I switched with Casual. It was like the game was ridding/cleaning itself from something.

Like every 10th ranked game I get the message "service interrupted - please verify your connection", but my internet connection seems to be fine when I look for it right after the game. It is so annoying.

Is it Broken?

Is there something odd with the servers today? I cannot finish even one game this evening. Always problem with connection or client. Have rebooted PC - no different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom