Cross-Play (with Friends) and Cross-Buy (Account Synchronization) on Consoles

+
Cross-Play (with Friends) and Cross-Buy (Account Synchronization) on Consoles

From the official FAQ:

Do you support cross-play / cross-buy, i.e. purchasing items on platform A and using them on platform B / playing with gamers on other platforms?

CROSS-PLAY: We can confirm cross-play between Xbox One & PC, and PlayStation 4 & PC. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 cross-play is not possible.

CROSS-BUY: When GWENT launches on Windows 10 as an UWP (Universal Windows Platform) application, the account between UWP and Xbox One will be shared. That means progress and cards are shared between both platforms. Otherwise, every platform is independant and your progress will not be synchronized if you switch platforms.

Common issues:
UPDATE:

Rafal_Jaki;n8789340 said:
Technically we can link all account and have cross buy - but this needs to approved by platform holders and they did not agree to let us do that. Sadly we cannot do much about that.

UPDATE 2:

Vattier;n9170080 said:
We're working on making the friend matches possible on all platforms, but at the moment we cannot give any details when they would be available.

UPDATE 3:

alkozera;n9655051 said:
You can now download GWENT from the Windows 10 Store. This version comes with support for Xbox Play Anywhere, meaning your in-game progress and purchased items will carry over between the Xbox One and Windows 10 Store PC versions of the game.

To take advantage of Xbox Play Anywhere, you will need to have installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition update on your PC (if your Windows 10 system is up to date, it means you already have it), as well as the latest update on your Xbox One console.

Then, simply log into your Xbox Live/Microsoft account and start playing GWENT to pick up where you left off on another Xbox One or Windows 10 PC.

PS4/PC account synchronization

Hi guys,

When I played closed beta I have used GOG.com account. I have the same email even on my PS4 but I haven't received any kegs (bought some for money + leveling etc.)

Can someone please help me with this issue?

Thanks,

D.

Same thing! How can I get into my account in my PS4? I got clean Gwent there, like I never played. Help please!

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Progress and cards are not shared between platforms. All rewards for playing in the Closed Beta will be given to the platform you were playing on. This means you should receive your kegs on your PC version. It is not possible to transfer the kegs to the PS4.

Vattier;n8594820 said:
Progress and cards are not shared between platforms. All rewards for playing in the Closed Beta will be given to the platform you were playing on. This means you should receive your kegs on your PC version. It is not possible to transfer the kegs to the PS4.
Does it actually mean that I will play on my PS4 and my PC separately? All progress will be different? Really?

The answer to my question is pretty obvious but i still have to ask.
Is there a chance that somewhere in the future it will be possible to link PC and PS4 Accounts?

Well,

That is unexpected in a Multiplatform game.

Especially when I bought some kegs during closed beta to support your development and since I don't even have w10 pc at home (just mac and ps4) it means I am screwed :( ( I expected to have some 100 kegs).

In this case can someone from your support team contact me on my email to either:

a) close my pc account and move all my "credits, scrapes" or whatever currency is used to my PS4 account (email is the same and is the same like the one I have here)
b) return my money I sent you during closed beta

Best,
D.

What? why guys, what a let down, I was so hyped to play on PS4, now all my money I used on the closed beta is gone, the game runs really slow in my PC, can something be done? somehow? please I really want to play in my PS4. but my kegs are on PC, there must be a way, that was my intention from the very beginning, play the closed beta in my snail PC and then move to PS4, it doesn't make sense to lose my money... I hope you guys understand.... thanks!

Whoa... This is a HUGE BUMMER. I was about to install Gwent on PS4, but then I thought to myself: will my account be synced? I don't own a PC, just a Mac. Knowing that one day a Mac version and iOS/Android versions of Gwent won't sync with my PS4 account basically means that THERE IS NO POINT OF PLAYING GWENT ON PS4!!!

Seriously guys. I was so excited about PS4 version of Gwent... and then this. Maybe there is any technical possibility to move account from PC to PS4? I mean now all accounts were wiped the progress is not so great (or absent at all) you could just compare two accounts: close one (or not) on PC and add an appropriate amount of Ore, Dust and Kegs to PS4's one with adjustments to Single Challenges passing. I think it's not so difficult for you...

How do I merge my Xbox Live and PC accounts?

Pretty self explanatory - CDPR has said that the Windows 10 and XBL versions are to be compatible with one another. How do you connect those accounts?

Hi all,

Please let us know if you plan to sync between platforms in the future. I wont invest more time in Gwent if there will be no sync between PC and Android for example.

PC to PS4 crossplay

From the FAQ, it looks like I should be able to play matches my PC against my nephew on my PS4. Is this feature already live? If so, how can I "find" my PC account?

Thanks!

If you mean this:
CROSS-PLAY: We can confirm cross-play between Xbox One & PC, and PlayStation 4 & PC. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 cross-play is not possible.

It means (as far as I understand) that PS4 players are playing against PC and PS4 players in casual matches. Friend vs friend matches are not yet available on consoles.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. That's a feature I will look forward to when the full game goes live, then. (I'm always looking for games I can play with my nephews!)

Hmm.. that's kind of odd.... the game is on Windows currently via the GoG client..... is the GoG client not going to be compatible with XB1? (Editor's note - that would be a really stupid design decision).

Top Bottom