[BUG] Johnny copy ability is broken

+
[BUG] Johnny copy ability is broken

Johnny is supposed to do the following: Deploy: Discard a card from your Hand (can be Gold), then create a copy in your Hand of a card of the same color in your opponent's Deck.

My opponent played Ciri Dash in 1st round. Come second round I used Johnny to discard my gold card and I got a 9 strength Ciri Dash from my opponent's deck. I should've gotten a 12 strength Ciri.

Also he doesn't discard a card if your opponent doesn't have a matching coloured card in their deck yet Johnny's description says otherwise. In many cases you still want to discard Ciri Dash to boost her even if you don't get a card in return.

Johnny is really messed up. Please fix ASAP.

svr;n9181411 said:
My opponent played Ciri Dash in 1st round. Come second round I used Johnny to discard my gold card and I got a 9 strength Ciri Dash from my opponent's deck. I should've gotten a 12 strength Ciri.

The description is incorrect, I think. Johnny should work like Operator, creating a BASE copy. So, either the description needs to change or his ability. Feel free to contact support and let them know about this.

svr;n9181411 said:
Also he doesn't discard a card if your opponent doesn't have a matching coloured card in their deck yet Johnny's description says otherwise. In many cases you still want to discard Ciri Dash to boost her even if you don't get a card in return.

Actually, he used to work like that, but it severely limited the options of using Johnny. In the latest patch, CDPR changed it so that you no longer waste a card (which hurts a lot) when you use Johnny on an invalid target. Even if you really wanted to discard Ciri: Dash in the old situation, it still wouldn't have been worth it because you will lose card advantage. Thus, this change is actually a good thing and your point is invalid.

Johnny

Does Johnny not work on Gold cards if the opponent has all 4 of theirs in their hand at the moment? Otherwise my Johnny card is all of a sudden broken. His voice has not been stolen but his power has. LOL. He is a very useful card if played right.

OBuddha thread merged

In the latest patch, CDPR changed it so that you no longer waste a card (which hurts a lot) when you use Johnny on an invalid target (e.g. when the opponent has 4 gold cards in hand).

I had issues with Johnny as well, yesterday and today. Mainly when I want to discard ciri:dash as well. Basically nothing happens. First it occured playing against nilfgaard and my ciri was revealed. So I thought this would be the issue. But today I had the same Problem with an unrevealed ciri and it was again against NG (cannot remember the specific leader). Nevertheless it also happend against other fractions.By now it happens for at least 4 times if I remember correctly. (all times I was playing with King Bran if relevant).

Another Thing that bothers me when playing against NG is when you get Cahir from Johnny (which happens quite often, I feel). I don't know but this feels somehow unrewarding and pointless, just 4 Point from a Gold Card. What do you think?

Does anyone know if there are different probabilities for Gold Cards that you can get from Johnny? I mean is there a higher Chance to get Cahir compared to let's say Tibor, because by now it fells like that.

RalleyBobbey

As you have probably surmised from this thread is that Johnny doesn't work if the opponent no longer has any gold cards left in his/her deck.

Also, getting a useless gold card in return is always part of the risk (randomness) of using Johnny. For example, you also could have gotten Cerys from Skellige, which might also be useless if you aren't playing Skellige.

Got it now! Maybe I should have read more carefully in the first place. Thanks!

Yeah I am aware of the risk, but nevertheless it just feels unsatisfying. When you exclude those Gold Cards which are not usefull for other fractions Johnny might be it little overtuned or there are more incidences where you get nothing from playing Johnny...

BUG: Johnny's deployment ability does not work sometimes

When I used Johnny on Cerys she remained in my hand and I have not received a gold card from my opponent's deck. It is possible (but unlikely) that he had not had gold cards in the deck but even had that been true, Cerys should've been discarded from my hand. It happened 2 times so far and I started using this combination only a day ago.

Calahir thread merged

Actually, he used to work like that, but it severely limited the options of using Johnny. In the latest patch, CDPR changed it so that you no longer waste a card (which hurts a lot) when you use Johnny on an invalid target. Even if you really wanted to discard Cerys in the old situation, it still wouldn't have been worth it because you will lose card advantage. Thus, this change is actually a good thing.

4RM3D;n9182331 said:
Actually, he used to work like that, but it severely limited the options of using Johnny. In the latest patch, CDPR changed it so that you no longer waste a card (which hurts a lot) when you use Johnny on an invalid target. Even if you really wanted to discard Ciri: Dash in the old situation, it still wouldn't have been worth it because you will lose card advantage. Thus, this change is actually a good thing and your point is invalid.

This is not good at all if you consider the machanic of Cerys. I ended the 2nd round with a draw 31 to 31 after playing Johnny who neither discarded Cerys nor actuated War Longship (which deals 2 dmg to a random enemy unit). Thus, I had to play additional card to finish the round and I entered the 3rd round with 2 cards less than the opponent instead of having the same amount of cards and advantageously discarded Cerys in the graveyard. I lost the game purely because Johnny did not work as he is supposed to.

Calahir;n9253731 said:
This is not good at all if you consider the machanic of Cerys. I ended the 2nd round with a draw 31 to 31 after playing Johnny who neither discarded Cerys nor actuated War Longship (which deals 2 dmg to a random enemy unit). Thus, I had to play additional card to finish the round and I entered the 3rd round with 2 cards less than the opponent instead of having the same amount of cards and advantageously discarded Cerys in the graveyard.

In your case it would not have made any difference. If Johnny worked like the old version, then you would have lost one card (advantage) anyhow. The situation now is that you could have played Cerys. In both cases you would have lost one card.

Calahir;n9253731 said:
I lost the game purely because Johnny did not work as he is supposed to.

Using Johnny later in the game is always more of a risk because the odds are the opponent doesn't have any gold cards left in his deck. Regardless, while the description doesn't give a clear indication of how the card works (like a few other cards), the fact still remains that in most of those cases, you actually don't want to discard a card because you will lose card advantage.

Johnny does not work?

I play Ciri Dash elven deck and use Johnny often... During 12 games he failed 5 times to discard Ciri. I deploy him and nothing happens.

Top Bottom