[BUG?] Harpy Egg and Consume

+
[BUG?] Harpy Egg and Consume

Not sure if this is a bug or not, although I'm quite sure it is. I played against several monster decks this week and I noticed something wrong with the math for consume ability used on harpy eggs.

Whenever consume is used on harpy eggs, it boosts the consuming monster by 6 points instead of 1 (which is the strength of harpy egg). So if Unseen elder consumes 2 harpy eggs and a caelano harpy, it will strengthen the Elder by 15 points (12 points from the 2 harpy eggs and 3 from the caelano harpy).

Also tried playing a consume deck on a practice match , whenever a vran consume a harpy egg, it also boosted the vran by 6 points instead of 1 so I think the problem is the consume ability when used on harpy egg.

If this is not a bug, can someone explain to me how the math works ?

Aaa ok, thanx for confirmation. I never played monster deck since the closed beta. So I don't know the extra effect added to the harpy egg cards. Now the math fits in. Sorry for the trouble.

I just played a game and I couldn't believe what I've seen!

Scenario - ST vs MO Consume - Ladder

Round 1 - Then forktail eats 2 Harpys eggs and becomes an 18?!?!?!?

I PASS! WTF? But I'm not drunk!

R2 - Vran eats again a harpy egg and tne Vran become an 11?!?!?!

I just forfeited out of anger, what was I supposed to do?

Anyone experienced the same story?

In anycase I won't play anymore until i see this thing clarified.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed, it seems.

Harpy Eggs have been in the game since forever. Their ability states: "When Consumed, boost by 4."

Nothing weird going on here.

I think there is a bug in your statement unseen elder drains a unit by half, he is not a consume card. Arach queen consumes 3 times as or the orktail vran warrior combo its a 2 turn combo that gives around 25 points of value FOR 2 TURNS where double viper witchers can give you more than 30 points of value. Not to mention that you have to draw 2 different types of cards to gain that much points. wheres all the cards you draw in an alchemy deck synergize 100% with the viper witchers. And since the game is around 13 rounds whitch divided by 2 since the monster consumes take 2 turns unless someone removes them :D give you the oportunity to make such moves 4 times. while a viper deck can spawn up to 7 or 9 vipers for the duration.
My advice is play viper witchers. Since i see you are new here. Muzzle, Gerald igni should be your irst golden cards to craft to easily climb the low ranks and be competitive when doing your daily missions they combo nicely with ciri nova when you lack all the silvers. And after you finish your nilfgard alchemy you have enough cards to make the scoiatel alchemy deck that eventually turns into spelliatel deck that is the best choise for ladder climb.

I think there is a bug in your statement unseen elder drains a unit by half, he is not a consume card. Arach queen consumes 3 times

Look at the date of the first post: Juli 21. 2017. He WAS the consume leader at this time. He was reworked with the Midwinter Patch and came Arachas Queen as a new consume Leader. Unseen Elder is meant to be the Vampire Leader, but the Vampire "expansion" was not released (yet).

Top Bottom