Summoning Circle possible Bug

+
Summoning Circle possible Bug

I've been playing with this card for a while now and i noticed it bugs sometimes, although i noticed a pattern.

I'm playing this card in my Nilfgaard deck and whenever the enemy plays a unit to sacrifice it to Cow Carcas, it doesn't count as "played". It appears that in order to copy a unit that must still be on the board, which you can interpret that from the keyword "enemy" but i don't know if this is intended.

I assume it's the same interaction with Moren or Villentretenmerth

I've contacted support about this issue. The enemy unit you attempt to copy must indeed be present on the board. They need to change the description of SC.

In deed, a unit (Enemy) needs to be present on the board in order to get copied by Summoning Circle, this is as designed. It may become clearer if one looks up the keyword of the term Enemy.

Thank you for sharing your feedback concerning the clarity of the card's ability, we really appreciate it.

Can't Summoning Circle Gremist?

Seems buggy to me, but perhaps this is intended. Opponent played Gremist and used the card's Bloodcurdling Roar ability to turn Gremist into a bear. I then used Summoning Circle to get my own Gremist, but SC simply procced without summoning anything. According to the tooltip ("Spawn a base copy of the last Enemy your opponent played from their Hand"), it should have worked - Gremist was the last card played from hand. I couldn't have summoned the bear, which wasn't played from hand, but Gremist was. Is this a bug?

Hmmm, looking up the definition of Enemy, it says "Enemy – A Unit on your opponent’s side of the field", so it makes sense that it wouldn't work if said enemy has died, but it's still not very common-sense. Perhaps SC's description could clarify this by using the word "present on the field"? Or maybe just tweak the card to spawn the last enemy played, alive or dead? It's not exactly an overpowered card as is; it's mostly just fun and memey.

A good tip for using this card is to right click to preview it before using it, it will show the card you will get by playing it.
Also if the last unit was Gold, but then they self-shackled to demote? You can copy that unit with Summoning Circle and it will be Gold!

Top Bottom