Morenn's Ability hits AFTER the enemy's Deploy Ability

+
Morenn's Ability hits AFTER the enemy's Deploy Ability

Armor from deploy first, Morenn damage second.
Intended or not?

Attachments

• mgsB5GX.jpg
    mgsB5GX.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 94
Morenn should always hit before deploy, cause then she will be useless. Not like she isn't going to this direction, when tons of units are over 5 STR lately.

Morenn does not kill Prince Stennis

Morenn says: damage enemy by 5 before its deploy ability resolves. But for some reasone when Prince Stennis played from hand he gains armor (deploy: gain 5 armor) before receiving damage.
Why?

I never thought about it that way because I've never really seen armor as an ability per se (with exception Trollolo). That's why I always expected the game to behave like it does right now. But I do understand how this description can be seen as misleading!

I think it would make sense to either change the wording for armor a bit (and not call it deploy - maybe just name it "protection: 5 armor" or something like that) oder really change the order of events and let cards like Stennis get hit before the armor is added.

Morenn's attack triggers before earth elemental's shield goes up when that card is played with the words: "deploy, give this unit a shield" which is identical to Stennis's text order, therefore this is indeed a bug IMO.

Morenn vs Alba Pikeman

Dear CD Projekt Red,

In one of today's many games, I had a Morenn down as my opponent's Alba Pikeman played a 2nd Alba Pikeman from deck.

If I understood the intended interaction correctly, Morenn's ability does 5 damage to the Pikeman BEFORE its deploy ability comes into play. In this case, that would mean that it would be dealt 5 damage, killing it, before it gained it's two armour, as the armour gain is specified as a deploy ability.

What actually happened was it came into play, seemingly with the armour already on it, meaning that he was reduces to 1 health, and proceeded to happily summon friends ...

I haven't had a chance to test this with other armour gain on deploy effects, but may be the case with them as well.

Kindest Regards

Ben

We are aware of this issue, still, please report it to support, it helps with prioritization.

Also, @sund_F do you still experience issues with submitting a support report?

Last edited:
Top Bottom