Graveyard Crashing

+
Graveyard Crashing

Ok so I'm not sure if anyone has raised this issue yet but I feel it deserves whatever attention it gets because its pretty game-breaking.

Lets say you are playing a round and you want to have a look at what the opponent has in his/her graveyard. You open it up, and as you are looking through them, your opponent plays a Resurrection card (Priestess of Freya, etc...). Well guess what sunshine? You are now STUCK in that graveyard, you cannot cycle your selection icon out in order to play from your own hand, you cant open the graveyard back up, you cant even frigging surrender!

And just to put the cherry on it you cant even cycle through the end game screen to get back to the main menu. You are trapped forever in your opponents graveyard, powerless and totally robbed of control until you literally close the application and re-start it.

I've lost three ranked games in a row due to these shenanigans, and frankly I'm a little ticked off that the game is this outrageously buggy.

I started playing on PS4 quite recently and noticed that the game in general tends to freeze here and there (however keep in mind the ps4 beta version doesn't exist so long so problems like that are unfortunate but not surprising), which is why it definitely makes sense to inform support and let them know about crashes and freezes.

Sometimes it also helps if you are able to make a short video or screenshot with the incident and send it to them.

Crash when look enemy Graveyard / Controller stop working

Randomly Xbox Bugs.

Game breaks if u try to look through opponent graveyard

Before and after the hot fix, i have had situations where opponent card interacts with graveyard and has i right click to see whats in it while he is making his choice, i get blocked from any interaction with the game (cant even press esc and quit) but can see the timer and cards being discarded. Is getting tiring writing buggs... wonder why

Locked out of game after graveyard/deck manipulation

This is the third time in 8 games that I had to exit the application through windows because I couldn't do anything except mute my opponent. It happened twice after my opponent used Assire to shuffle a card back in my deck. After this action the timer just goes on until I lose. But it seems it can happen with pretty much every graveyard manipulation effect. I literaly clicked everywhere on the screen, to no avail. This never happened to me in 200+ games (before the patch) and now I had to quit several times consecutively. Please fix this in a hotpatch.

Maybe it's because I was watching the graveyard before the effect went off, but that happened to me multiple times before (pre-patch) and I could always go back to the board state.

Please contact support and report the issue. I don't know why this happens in your case. It would definitely help if you could remember what exactly happened before you get locked out.

Useful for the support team might be a short video clip showing this incident.

Please CDPR fix the graveyard bug

I wasn't aware of it (since it never happened to me) but reading stuff on reddit's gwent subforum i've learned about this bug, where if you were to look at a graveyard while your opponent play a nenneke/assire/caretaker you would be stuck in the empty grave bug and unable to play further.

Now as i said it never happened to me but i've noticed it happening to my opponents, twice today in fact that had forced them to quit the game. Now please fix this because the last thing i want is getting banned because i've "exploited" a game bug.

I wouldn't even know how to avoid it, other than hoping that my opponent don't decide to take a look at the graveyard while i drop the cards in question...

Game keeps on crashing at grave yard

Game randomly crashes inside graveyard and shows this kinda of error but it didn't happen before but seems to be happening a lot lately.

Can you send this issue into CDPR Support? Please, include a link to the screenshot.

https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

Are you able to recreate this at will, or does it only occur randomly?

Also, can you list your specs, Windows version, and general game settings? Are you using GwentUp or a similar 3rd-party program?

SigilFey;n9508621 said:
Can you send this issue into CDPR Support? Please, include a link to the screenshot.

https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

Are you able to recreate this at will, or does it only occur randomly?

Also, can you list your specs, Windows version, and general game settings? Are you using GwentUp or a similar 3rd-party program?

*** I have an error log and the log on the day which it happened should i post it also? ***
It happens randomly.
I am not using any 3rd party programs

[settings]
resolution scale 80
vibration disabled
resolution 1440 x 900
full screen ON
graphics quality low

Time of this report: 9/11/2017, 15:57:58
Machine name:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.170707-0600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: OptiPlex 745
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 2.2.0
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 2408MB used, 3726MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x954F)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_954F&SUBSYS_03541043&REV_00
Display Memory: 2296 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1018 MB
Shared Memory: 1278 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Last edited:
duksayswut;n9512531 said:
I have an error log and the log on the day which it happened should i post it also?

You can. I think this might be a result of the engine, not the game itself. I'd just wait to see what Tech Support can offer.

EDIT: You can always try re-installing both Galaxy and Gwent to new installation directories on the root of your drive or a folder of your own creation. (I don't think that a verify / repair will work in this case, but that should always be the first step.)

Last edited:
SigilFey;n9513291 said:
You can. I think this might be a result of the engine, not the game itself. I'd just wait to see what Tech Support can offer.

EDIT: You can always try re-installing both Galaxy and Gwent to new installation directories on the root of your drive or a folder of your own creation. (I don't think that a verify / repair will work in this case, but that should always be the first step.)

I've sent the error log to your personal private message box as the log exceeded 10,000 words hope you will check it out.

Reconnect feature badly needed!!!

I dont get much time to play so when im in a ranked game and about to win and my game just freezes and boots me back to home screen (xbox), its a bit annoying and discouraging. A reconnect feature could easly solve this problem that ive been seeing more and more since the latest patch. Its happen twice in about 10 games. Of course i'm given a loss for these games as well,,salt in wounds!
Dont know that it matters but I was poping in and out of my graveyard this time when it happen. Went to close it when it just completly froze.

Last edited by a moderator:
gamebreaking bug with discard

I had this happend to me which didn't allow me to use assire. I think it was related to when I was looking in the enemy graveyard while Svanrige was discarding a card.

Attachments

• photo170211.jpg
    photo170211.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 149
  • photo170221.jpg
    photo170221.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 135
Top Bottom