(Bug) Ermion can pull Roach into your hand

+
(Bug) Ermion can pull Roach into your hand

When playing Ermion from your hand, it should trigger Roach, according to Roaches ability. However, If Roach is in the top two slots of your deck, he will be pulled into your hand instead. Priority is incorrect.

Roach is summoned after the Gold's deploy is resolved, so this isn't a bug. Vilgefortz for example can also pull her if she's still in the deck.

Roach's text says "Whenever you play a Gold unit from your hand, Summon this unit." It doesn't say anything about resolving deploy ability. Even if this is not a bug, this is an unclear wording of the ability.

Furthermore, these kind of interactions were changed so many times over a year, even I can't tell how one or another card works (and I have over 400 hours in Gwent). Finally, some deploy effects activate after the card is placed on the board, some activate before the card is placed on the board.

So the problem is much wider than simply Roach, CDPR has to make all cards function in the same way or make more clear ability descriptions.

How do you know it is summoned after the gold's deploy ability is resolved. How do you know this isn't a bug that also impacts Vilgefortz? It doesn't state anywhere on the card that it takes affect after deploy ability, it states that when you play a gold from hand, it is summoned.

Last edited:
Shockocats

Now that you mention it, I cannot find an official mention of the change. So, it's one of the undocumented changes that were made in the Midwinter update and quickly discovered by players.
It's even listed here, in Roach's section.

If it was a bug it would've been fixed by now, considering the amount of discussion it's raised and the fact that there have been three updates since Midwinter.

Not everything is listed in the card descriptions. It's one of the topics brought up every now and then.
You can always use the support form to send feedback.

Top Bottom