Gwent installation problem

+
Gwent installation problem

Cause I dont have 10 posts, im not allowed to post a new topic, so Im hoping someone is also checking this topic again... My issue is kinda weird. it began yesterday. I played Gwent 3 hours ago, wanted to play a quick round before I go to bed but Gwent wasnt in my Library. So I looked at the Store, it said i own this game, but I couldnt install or repair it. So I looked in my GoG install folder, tried to start it from there. As I started the exe it said, its not installed, even though all the data was in the folder. As I mentioned before, I couldnt even repair it. So i deleted all the files, restartet GoG and I was able to start the download again. I thought my problem was fixed, but.... at a bit over 90 % download of the game there appears an error message, installation failed: disk access problem. So I checked the help guide and the internet for a solution. Most of them say, whitelist the game to your antivirus program, so I did that (im using Avast btw). Also I started GoG as an admin, just in case. Still the same problem, my download just wont finish and there is just nothing I could do. I also wrote a Ticket to the GoG support and to the CD Project support, but i still have now answer on my tickets. So I thought maybe someone of you guys could help me out, playing my fave card game again :)

Please be patient, usually it takes a bit until support is able to answer your request, especially on a weekend,

I had the exact same issue as you, TentaclePawn . Fully uninstalling (and then re-installing) Avast fixed it for me.

Here is the whole story, in case someone else runs into the same thing:

1. The game had somehow "uninstalled" itself (Play button had been replaced by Install).
2. Fixed that once (clicked Install) and ran game with no issues; "uninstall" happened again after I fully closed Galaxy.
3. Clicked Install once again, got Disk access problem.
4. Opened up Avast UI, removed two instances of gwent.exe from Virus Chest.
5. Game launched, but CTD'd right away.
6. Tried verify/repair, got Disk access problem.
7. Uninstalled Avast, rebooted PC.
8. Reinstalled Avast, GWENT worked fine again.

:victory:

Last edited:
Had the same problem while updating to patch. Said: Installation Failed: Disk Access error.

I found this thread and did following:
1. Whitelist all of GOG in my antivirus program (I use Avast)
2. Remade the Gwent file that had gone into the antivirus Quarantine... (.exe file, but dont know which one) how?? :s
3. Restart PC, and then it finished the update. Now works.

Just chipping in, it's happened to me twice this past fortnight - I'm just reinstalling GOG and Gwent again. Will try what you guys did and hopefully it fixes it.

Top Bottom