Game Out of Sync / Disconnect (While Winning)

+
Extreme roping bug

Greetings,

I have just been BMed by a royal bast***.

He was losing round 3, instead of playing last card he put the cursor on my Ekimmara and let the time count end.
Except for the fact it did not end, despite reaching 0 it remained stuck and the game freezed.
I could not even resign, I had to shut up Gwent by other means.
(ofc doing so made me lose)

Dunno whether it's a known bug or a simple freeze he had nothing to do with, surely it's something I want to happen while playing ranked.

Anyone experienced anything like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Game Out of Sync / Disconnect (While Winning)

Hey,

this is now the fourth time I lost against someone because of either a desync or because the last screen got stuck and thus a defeat on my side. Sure, could be connection or something, but four times is a bit a lot and on top of that, it's only when my opponents lose plus the guys I played against, they had absolutely NO plan how to lay out the cards and it was a 100% win.. but tada, again that exploit/desync thing. It's really frustrating by now, I actually know what I'm going to run into if my opponent plays like he would have 10% of his current MMR... (no offense against beginners).

Looking forward to times when this will be fixed :/. Besides that: Great game, great improvements!

Greetings!

Until now three times desync and one time when the game just stopped and I could do nothing but forfeit via menu after I actually won.

Happens to me too, 2 or 3 times a day, and like in your case, enemies are losing. I am really curious about what are they doing. Never saw an enemy desync or lost connection when winning.

Hilariously, this happened to me twice when I was actually winning (I mostly lose because I'm one of those OOPS-didn't-mean-to-do-that players) so it took me that much longer to gain a level.

Players apparently cheating and glitching the game which doesn't give me my win.

I just played a game which is really frustrating me. This monsters player won the first round. In the second round I was winning and I was going to be transferring points to the next round so it became very obvious that I was going to win the game. This player and myself both have one card left. It's his turn and he continues holding his last card without playing it. I figured he was just making me wait because he didn't like losing. Then the timer ran out and nothing happened. Literally the coin still shows it as his turn and the timer reads zero and nothing is happening at all. I am just sitting there wanting the game to continue and it won't. Apparently I can either leave the game/forfeit or sit there forever staring at the screen. It seems to me that this is too coincidental that this happened right as it became clear that I was going to win. I'm pissed off that players are able to somehow do this and cheat players out of their wins.

I play on xbox and have a recording of this occurring. I am also still sitting in the game in this very moment because I really don't want to leave it. Kind of hoping something will happen. Also the screen isn't frozen I can still move the card selector around. The timer is just a red zero and nothing happens.

Yes I will post this thread in tech support or whatever. I just usually go straight to general discussion out of habit.

Why are you assuming that your opponent cheated and it wasnt one game/server breakdown?

This last patch is full of bugs, both visual and mechanic. I already won and lost more than half a dozen of matches just because of game interruptions like this.

If you think that someone is cheating, you can contact to Support: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

However, please be careful when accusing specific players for cheating, since this game has some weird connection issues and bugs in it. I have experienced few, that must have looked like I was cheating or being an ahm...hole, even if the game just bugged for me.

Support can check what is the real case behind these issues.

In my opinion it was a bug. Similar situation occured to me, I was winning and I couldn't play the last card, timer runned out but nothing happened. Couldn't forfeit, had to brutally close the game.

In fact I opened a thread yesterday and attached the link to xboxdvr. Check it out.

Laveley;n8661290 said:
Why are you assuming that your opponent cheated and it wasnt one game/server breakdown?

This last patch is full of bugs, both visual and mechanic. I already won and lost more than half a dozen of matches just because of game interruptions like this.

It seemed a bit convenient that this problem occurred right when it became apparent this player was going to lose. But looking back on it you might be right that it was a bug. Either way it's very annoying.

I haven't seen this done in Gwent yet but saw it happen all the time in Hearthstone. I think it has something to do with the servers going down because I can see that my opponent is still there and highlighting different cards but isn't able to put down the one he picked. It's a weird glitch but I don't think they get the win either from it so there is no benefit to doing this type of glitch as you would want to end the game to collect xp, ore, scraps rewards even from a loss.

I just experienced a visual bug in ranked.My opponent uses Drought but it just covers my 1rst and 3rd row.The 2nd row seems visually ok,so im like OK rounds mine so ill save my last DB protector and throw something with less value.Then it hits my row and i have to waste my last DB protector to stay in the game,just to lose on round 3.Desyncs happen a few times throughout the day as well.Hopefully everything will get fixed.

I was wondering if anyone else was seeing this happening...

For me, it occurs just as a Losing Opponent 'gets the upper hand again' (or perhaps just before, when they are losing), then poof - "An inconsistency..." and DEFEAT shows up. One time, they took my game with it (it entered "Not Responding" Mode..).

Sadly, this is technically easy to do. "Lag Spikes" and other exploits of gaming communications have been around for decades.
Also sadly, I cannot give a proper answer as to how to go about solving it (I am familiar with Computer Hardware but not Software or Programming, I would know of the Theory behind it, but not how to go about reigning it in, within the game itself); sorry CDred... I really hope you get this bottled away somewhat though, people exploiting this on purpose (and I am not claiming that they were doing so) would be a game-killer to some extent, if it cannot be controlled.

Good luck with it, mates. I am enjoying the game greatly otherwise (especially Single Player)!

Last edited:
I see more and more people are getting annoyed by losing people desyncing/disconnecting. Wonder if something will be done about this. For example, if he dc or desync just make him lose the game.

StrykerxS77x;n8661860 said:
It seemed a bit convenient that this problem occurred right when it became apparent this player was going to lose. But looking back on it you might be right that it was a bug. Either way it's very annoying.

This last patch is bugged af. Seriously, even the first patch of the closed beta was less buggy. Everyday i played at least one game end up on connection/server issues.

Top Bottom