New Users Tech Support Thread (PC)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone I am new to this forum and having frequent Gwent crashes after the midwinter update. I tried all the uninstall gwent/ reinstall and the repair tool but nothing worked. I think it might be my computer or something like that. Solutions anyone?

wizarddude51;n10223932 said:
Hello everyone I am new to this forum and having frequent Gwent crashes after the midwinter update. I tried all the uninstall gwent/ reinstall and the repair tool but nothing worked. I think it might be my computer or something like that. Solutions anyone?

If you think that it might be your computer, here are the minimum requirements for Gwent: https://www.playgwent.com/en/support...cher-card-game

In any case, you can try lowering the in-game graphic settings and see if it helps. Also shutting down everything unnecessary that's running on the background, like browsers, Skype... Since the issue seems to be clearly related to latest patch (?), you can also send a ticket to Support and tell them this same description: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

I ran into a strange situation during a match today:
I played an Elven trapper, then placed the 1 strength trap thing next to an enemy that had 6 strength, waiting for it to explode next turn. But the opponent played a Cyclops and consumed his 6 strength unit that was next to my trap, and used the Cyclops' ability to kill my Elven trapper. So now my 1 strength trap card is not standing next to anything, and it did not explode, it just stayed on the opponent side of the board as a non-spy unit.
I can't tell if this is expected behavior or if it is a bug. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Also, sorry I tried to upload my screenshot of this, but could not. It keeps showing me "Error uploading image". But hopefully I've explained the situation well enough. An image would have been easier though.

I'm trying to play but LOADING PROFILE screen, at the beginning (sand clock), remains in a constant loop and doesn't advance to main menu. What can I do?

Nurro;n10271022 said:
I'm trying to play but LOADING PROFILE screen, at the beginning (sand clock), remains in a constant loop and doesn't advance to main menu. What can I do?

You have probably tried to restart the game already?

Next steps after that could be verifying/repairing via GOG (if on PC), or reinstalling the game. Or even the game and the Galaxy.

Also, just making sure... You are logged into GOG when starting the game?

Last edited:
In tutorial I can't play "Clear skies" when I need to, so I can't finish the tutorial. Is there any way to fix it or to skip the tutorial?

Dundi_;n10291222 said:
In tutorial I can't play "Clear skies" when I need to, so I can't finish the tutorial.

To eliminate one possible reason: if you're able to get to the point where you need to choose between Clear Skies and Rally, are you trying to choose the correct one?

If that isn't the issue or you're not even able to get that far, then I'd suggest first simply restarting the game (and Galaxy, while you're at it). You'll most likely need to restart the tutorial, but if the issue gets fixed it's well worth it.
If restarting doesn't help either, then the next possible solution is using the Verify/Repair function that Galaxy has. After that, fully reinstalling the game and even Galaxy is the next step.

If none of the above solves the problem, your best bet is likely sending in a support ticket here.

The tutorial cannot be skipped, as far as I know.

No Title

I had a similar issue. I was playing a casual match with my monsters deck. When I right clicked on my Roach to see the description a kinda weird description was shown(see the screenshot) and I could not quit from it. Note: I don't know if I had the same issue, but I don't have 10 posts to open a new topic.

Attachments

• photo193452.jpg
    photo193452.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 30
Szarjatek Hi and welcome to the forums.

That's an odd situation. I haven't seen a message like that before. Though, I suppose it was just a one time occurrence, right? If you get this issue again, please report it to CDPR.

Hey guys,

I think I found a bug (or a problem with the Mahakam Marauder text and/or interaction): when he gets strenghtened it doesn't boost himself by 2. I expect this to happen with weaken effect as well but I haven't tested it.

Noticed it by getting a Marauder from an elven scout and then playing Dennis Cranmer next round.

Sunsibar;n10273302 said:
You have probably tried to restart the game already?

Next steps after that could be verifying/repairing via GOG (if on PC), or reinstalling the game. Or even the game and the Galaxy.

Also, just making sure... You are logged into GOG when starting the game?

I repaired it via GOG and worked fine. TY

I think I have found a bug related to Alzur's Double Cross. I was playing a deck with Imperial Manticore as the highest strength unit out of all bronze/silver cards. I played the Manticore during Round 2. I opponent copied it with Summoning Circle right after. Then I passed the round. In Round 3, I played Alzur's Double Cross thinking that I would get a bronze unit in my deck that is the highest STR at the time. But lo-and-behold, Alzur's Double Cross pulled the Imperial Manticore and buffed it by 2. I checked the history tab just to make sure that I wasn't crazy, and sure enough, card history showed that Imperial Manticore was already played.

Based on the text of Alzur's Double Cross, this is definitely not expected behavior. Can someone else confirm whether this is bugged or not?

Thanks!

UseekMeHelp

Definitely not intended behaviour.

The only non-bug explanation I can think of is that your opponent played Assire and returned the Manticore to your deck. Did they?

RidiculousName;n10344552 said:
UseekMeHelp

Definitely not intended behaviour.

The only non-bug explanation I can think of is that your opponent played Assire and returned the Manticore to your deck. Did they?

Thank you for the reply! Now that you've mentioned it, it's actually very possible that my opponent played Assire and returned the Manticore to my deck, but I don't remember or did not notice the move if it did happen. But I think it's possible because I checked my match history, and my opponent was playing Nilfguaard (Leader: Jan Calveit). Why would someone make a move like that makes no sense to me though. Nonetheless, the possibility is there.

So I went back and tried to replicate this exact situation. Unfortunately, I am unable to do so (i.e. Manticore > Summon Circle > Manticore in R2, then I play ADC in R3). I was able to play Manticore in R2, and then followed by ADC in R3 though. This did not have a weird result, it just happened as expected (ADC pulled out another unit). At this point, I'll just chalk this one up as a false alarm. =P

UseekMeHelp;n10357042 said:
Why would someone make a move like that makes no sense to me though.

Probably to deny potential Ghoul value. Decks running Manticore often also run Ghoul to make the most of the big point body.

Hello, this happened a while ago, I didnt think much of it at the time as i was thinking 'hey, its in beta, I havent spent any money on it, what the hell' but now I play the game regularly I realise it to be quite an issue. When I deleted all Skellige deck listings it deleted all Skellige cards. I haven't tried to repeat this as I fear losing all a factions cards again and now I have a fairly large collection (and I've spent money on the game now too). I've reached my limit of 40 decks but I am hesitant to delete deck listings as I don't want to delete cards again. Has this been seen before (that is, deleting deck listings leading to the deletion of all cards for that faction)

Also worth noting is that I did try to send a bug report to CDPR at the time, the submit button on their online form doesn't work for me though, I click it and nothing happens. Might be something to do with the fact that I live in China at the moment and anything to do with google and sometimes random other stuff is blocked. (just to post here I have to use a VPN as that little Captcha test thing uses google)

Ricko5

When you delete a deck, it shouldn't affect your collection. I've never heard of anyone else who has lost cards due to this. Not sure what happened the first time around. Anyhow, you can safely remove your decks. If you do happen to lose cards for whatever reason, please contact support directly (try using a different browser).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom