Can't Download Gwent from the Windows Store

+
Can't Download Gwent from the Windows Store

My download can't start. Seems that it can't go through the "Acquiring License" step before the downloading.
Getting error Code: 0x87E10BC6

I can't resist researching error codes. :p

It looks like this is actually a problem with Windows Media Player. (Likely a sound file or something that GOG wants to play...but can't.) Read here for possible fixes / workarounds:

http://www.thewindowswiki.com/0x87e10bc6.html

In general, ensure that WMP is your default media player, and set your Sound Sample Rate to 16 bit, 48000 Hz, (DVD Quality).

That's a good info but my problem is not with GOG client, I'm having trouble with the downloading the game from the Windows Store. I tried your suggestion but it didn't help.
Unfortunately none of the suggestions of the support team worked for my problem :(

Lyolyo;n9678161 said:
That's a good info but my problem is not with GOG client, I'm having trouble with the downloading the game from the Windows Store. I tried your suggestion but it didn't help.
Unfortunately none of the suggestions of the support team worked for my problem :(

The error is being generated directly by Windows in this case. It's a standard error code. It appears to be solely a Windows Media Player issue for everything I could find. Perhaps you want to go directly to Microsoft.com for this one. In the interim, uninstalling and reinstalling WMP (the latest version). Can't hurt.

Also, be sure all the Microsoft Redistributables are up to date:

DirectX 11 / 12 (whichever you're system uses)
DirectX 9.0c
Visual Studio (2010 through the latest) x86 and x64 version of each
Visual C++ (2010 through the latest) x86 and x64
.NET Framework
XNA Framework

SigilFey I understand the error code description and all suggestions for the fix both in your post and in the weblink that you shared.
My system and all components are up to date and the issue is unfortunately still there. Too bad that I can't use the same card collection on my console and PC. :(

Lyolyo;n9710751 said:
Too bad that I can't use the same card collection on my console and PC.

Well...you should be able to. There's just an error, is all. :cool:

Lyolyo;n9710751 said:
SigilFey I understand the error code description and all suggestions for the fix both in your post and in the weblink that you shared. My system and all components are up to date and the issue is unfortunately still there.

Have you tried asking on Microsoft.com? Because of the exclusivity of that particular error code, I doubt that it's being caused by Gwent, itself (even if it only appears for Gwent).

1.) Another thing to try is bypassing Galaxy and launching Gwent directly from the .EXE. You won't be able to use the marketplace in this case, but if it works, it should help to identify where the problem actually lies. Also, turn off all overlay features in Galaxy and see if that works.

2.) Do you see the same thing in any other programs? Do you have any other "lite" games that you could try (things like indie games that utilize Windows native environments and drivers, as opposed to games like TW3 that use very specialized engines)?

3.) What video / mp3 players do have installed, and what is your default CODEC? It could simply be that another player (VLC, Quicktime, etc.) is stealing focus from Windows and causing the issue.

I would be sure to send this into CDPR Support, if you haven't done so already. It's an interesting one.

Top Bottom