Any news about singleplayer campaign?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on release date or single player?

Any word on release date or single player?

Last edited by a moderator:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I don't really see a use for spending real life money on Kegs, i play so much i can get tons of Kegs and all the cards i want, eventually.

But when those campaigns start coming out, i promise i shall buy them all, even if they don't give decent benefits for pvp, as i trust and want to support CDPR for giving me the best game i played in over 10 years (TW3, not Gwent, although this one is awesome too!)

DirkAustin;n7509070 said:
A singleplayer campaign wont be like WItcher games, how would it be like that? Its mainly a multiplayer game anyways. Multiplayer is the focus, not singleplayer.

you could go from town to town hunting for monsters and you would play gwent against nekkers using a nekker deck, drowner using a drowner deck, chort using a cow deck. when you defeat them you will cut them open to harvest a faction card inside their body.
:listen:
joking of course

Any new info on the campaign?

Any word from CDPR? All I'm finding is old info. I could have sworn I read somewhere there'd be something in
Gamescom.

i myself am really excited at the possibilities, and considering the talent that is writing these campaigns I cannot wait!

I am also hoping for gamescom info.

not sure if there will be..they dropped all the social features info on us,which is great.

And the season ending... and all that..

Hook in mouth ya might say

Ah, yes, once again, we find our thoughts turning with great expectation to the much-anticipated details of the Single-player Campaigns. Let's all wait together, shall we? Perhaps we'll learn a wee bit more Soon®. . . .

Thronebreaker

And suddenly a wild new sub-forum appears, dedicated to the singleplayer campaign.

Now, it sounds hopeful that more details will appear soon.

GET HYPE!!!

On the calmer note, I reckon, and am probably right to do so, that if campaign has it's special name, we can in the future expect more campaigns with their own special names.

And since this comes this year I must ask and hope to get some answer to the question of whether the Campaign release = 1.0 release?

Predictions:

- the story will take place during the events of W3 (nilfgaardian invasion of Rivia)
- reward for completing will be Meve, new leader for NR, maybe a title + border + avatar
- will probably come out in December :(

Toyen;n9346061 said:
- reward for completing will be Meve, new leader for NR, maybe a title + border + avatar

CDPR stated earlier that the cards you earn in the singleplayer campaign cannot be used in multiplayer.

Looks interesting, she's the queen of Rivia, the one who knighted Geralt. Hopefully it will be released with this patch, provide 5-8 hours of content and have some replayability.

Can someone explain how the campaign works? Is it just an rpg? Does it have anything to do with Gwent?

4RM3D;n9346111 said:
CDPR stated earlier that the cards you earn in the singleplayer campaign cannot be used in multiplayer.

So, you earn cards after you finish the campaign? What's the point if you can't use them in multiplayer? I don't understand it. :confused:

4RM3D;n9346111 said:

Well that makes absolutely ZERO sense. Bad move on their part if that is indeed the case.

bilbo.baggins;n9346501 said:
So, you earn cards after you finish the campaign? What's the point if you can't use them in multiplayer? I don't understand it.

It should be RPG-like but instead of getting better gear to progress you get better cards. Some of these cards can have insanely powerful and unfair effect that are way off the power curve but if you fight insanely powerful opponents in the campaign it makes sense.
Cards aren't a reward you get at the end but tools you get during the campaign.

Iuliandrei;n9346671 said:
It should be RPG-like but instead of getting better gear to progress you get better cards. Some of these cards can have insanely powerful and unfair effect that are way off the power curve but if you fight insanely powerful opponents in the campaign it makes sense.
Cards aren't a reward you get at the end but tools you get during the campaign.

I should have made myself more clear. Is there actual fighting like in the Witcher, or do you fight and progress the story through Gwent matches?

bilbo.baggins;n9346941 said:
I should have made myself more clear. Is there actual fighting like in the Witcher, or do you fight and progress the story through Gwent matches?

If we're playing gwent it's only fitting to do the fights via gwent matches.

Iuliandrei;n9347091 said:
If we're playing gwent it's only fitting to do the fights via gwent matches.

Yes, that's what i was thinking ( and hoping ), but after checking out the announcement i wasn't so sure. Thanks.

TheDyingScotsman;n9346661 said:
Well that makes absolutely ZERO sense. Bad move on their part if that is indeed the case.

Couldn't agree more, what would be the point of the cards won than, to play the campaign again or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom