Price of Thronebreaker?

+
4RM3D;n9451371 said:
The two quotes do not conflict with each other. It simply means that paying for the campaign also gives you cards which you can use in multiplayer. This does mean that some cards are locked behind a paywall, which is a bad thing. That's why I hope the devs make the campaign cards available through other means, like buying them with Ore, even if they charge a double rate to compensate for it.

You know this is modern video gaming. There are no rules, there's no code of ethics, there's no fair play. A Dev can do whatever he feels like and give 0 explanation, or, change his mind and do the opposite of what he promised, again without giving an explanation. There;s no legal consequences in modern many things in video games. I used the two comments because in my [internal] code of fairness and ethics they 100% conflict. That's why you feel the need afterwards to say it's basically a "paywall".

As most people here, CDPR is on the very, very few Devs i appreciate for their commitment and quality of product they provide. My comments and thoughts here i think are not absurd and i am not trying to be negative, or anything similar. To me, at least to my head, if you demand someone to pay for additional content in a F2P game and you say they'll get things others cannot if they won't pay and use that in a multiplayer enviroment...well, that modern gaming for ya, isn't it?

I imagine a world were the passion for creativity and the financial department are two separate things. Perhaps i am a romantic, perhaps i am naive or even stupid. But i know the difference between fair and unfair.

Last edited:
Marcin_Momot;n9387001 said:
Thronebreaker will be available for purchase with real currency - we will reveal its price as we get closer to the release date. It will add 20 cards to the multiplayer collection. During campaign you will obtain way more cards than that, but they will all be tailored for single-player purposes. Hope this helps.

I reported this post as "unethical"...do what you will.

Raunbjorn

Norinoo;n9451851 said:
I reported this post as "unethical"...do what you will.

I completely agree and how nice it is to see that I'm not the only romantic in here. I really don't like the fact that you have to pay to play no matter how much time they've put into the story mode. That being said I personally will be paying for the SP but for a digital card game to thrive and be "healthy" there need to be the option to be completely F2P. You can't underestimate how important F2P are to make the community and the playerbase much bigger than if it weren't an option. Now I feel like a douchebag supporting the game with my money knowing that all lot of people will be missing out on the experience.

Right now Gwent is the most generous card game but making the SP pay to play is a "crap move" if you ask me. I do hope they get their shit together and follow the Hearthstone model.

Hydrahead;n9451961 said:
I completely agree and how nice it is to see that I'm not the only romantic in here. I really don't like the fact that you have to pay to play no matter how much time they've put into the story mode. That being said I personally will be paying for the SP but for a digital card game to thrive and be "healthy" there need to be the option to be completely F2P. You can't underestimate how important F2P are to make the community and the playerbase much bigger than if it weren't an option. Now I feel like a douchebag supporting the game with my money knowing that all lot of people will be missing out on the experience.

Right now Gwent is the most generous card game but making the SP pay to play is a "crap move" if you ask me. I do hope they get their shit together and follow the Hearthstone model.

If the SP is 10-15 hours long as I have heard being talked about then we are dealing with an entirely different beast than Hearthstone's brief adventures. Charging real money for 10-15 hours of content is a no brainer.

The sketchy part is the multiplayer cards. I hope that an option to aquire these outside the SP adventure will be present, even just something as simple as making them craftable. If not, then I will agree we have a problem.

Raunbjorn

TriforceDragon;n9452211 said:
If the SP is 10-15 hours long as I have heard being talked about then we are dealing with an entirely different beast than Hearthstone's brief adventures. Charging real money for 10-15 hours of content is a no brainer.

The sketchy part is the multiplayer cards. I hope that an option to aquire these outside the SP adventure will be present, even just something as simple as making them craftable. If not, then I will agree we have a problem.

The length of the SP is irrelevant actually. You could just separate it into different parts and charge say 700 ore for one part. But yeah, if people who don't buy the adventure are able to craft the cards for multiplayer then it's all good.

Uuuum, why do people think that Campaign cards will be locked behind a paywall? Those quotes from devs may be interpreted in different ways, and I think they meant that buying campaign just unlocks cards instantly, everyone else will still be able to obtain them through kegs and crafting.

NlelithZ44;n9453381 said:
Uuuum, why do people think that Campaign cards will be locked behind a paywall?

Because there is no concrete information just "we are exploring different options and we'll let you know" people are concerned and assume the less desired situation.

Hydrahead;n9453361 said:
The length of the SP is irrelevant actually. You could just separate it into different parts and charge say 700 ore for one part. But yeah, if people who don't buy the adventure are able to craft the cards for multiplayer then it's all good.

Small 15 or so different parts? Never spent more than an hour on a wing of a Hearthstone solo adventure and I doubt this is made with a "wing" structure in mind in the first place. The length of this suggests that the developers intend for something a bit more intricate than the fun filled Hearthstone adventures.

TriforceDragon;n9454391 said:
The length of this suggests that the developers intend for something a bit more intricate than the fun filled Hearthstone adventures.

You don't just fight card battles, but you'll also take to different people and make decisions. It's like an interactive story, much bigger than what Hearthstone adventures is.

4RM3D;n9454551 said:
You don't just fight card battles, but you'll also take to different people and make decisions. It's like an interactive story, much bigger than what Hearthstone adventures is.

Exactly my thoughts. Really doubt you could just cut this stuff up into small "wings."

But to end my own thoughts on this, as long as the multiplayer cards can be aquired in some other, non-real currency way, I have no problems with these adventures they seem to be planning, in fact i am quite interested.

rulezfin;n9473031 said:
Regarding the cards for multiplayer. There will be other ways to obtain them with in game currency?

That's unknown at the moment. The devs are still looking into the possibilities.

Imo CDPR should let f2p players to get those cards for scraps but at higher cost, lets say doubled or tripled cost then usual craft cost.

I personally don't care as I will most likely buy it no matter what, but I'm sure lots of people will be offended by this out of principle due to the game being marketed as F2P.

I would seem logical to me if the cards that the "buyers" automatically acquire will eventually pop up in barrels. If so there would be no issue whatsoever... except for the buyers who might be pissed off that cards that they automatically own 3x are included in barrels and take up the space of cards they don't own.

I hope they think this through. Imo it'll be better for everyone if it was completely separate, other than barrels being offered as campaign prizes.

I'm a new player (less than a month of game time) and was about to buy the starter pack because I was enjoying the game, upon hearing about this I'm basically boycotting the game until we get a solid confirmation that these MP cards can be crafted outside paying real money.

Creating a paywall in what was a F2P game is suicide for this games longevity. Locking the SP content is understandable as many hours of work went into it. A better alternative would be to sweeten the deal to those who purchase, include titles, avatars and premiums instead of shafting everyone else. A custom weather effect or another card custom effect (Decoy/GIgni etc) seems cool.

Raunbjorn

AttemptedWheat;n9514091 said:
Will console players be able to play the SP campaign too? Or, is it just for PC players?

It's for all platforms. :)

With 4k plus views it's safe to say there is quite a bit of community interest in the topic. Any updates? I don't think people necessarily want details, just the assurance that the game will remain fair for F2P players. I know reveals might put the team in an awkward position, but throw us a bone here :p

Top Bottom