Price of Thronebreaker?

+
I've spent real money on this game. Got my money's worth TBH Wouldn't hesitate to pay for SP campaign. Not even bothered if the cards can't be used in multi-player. They shouldn't be able to be used really.

IMO

Personally singleplayer cards don't stand out to me as worth it, as I mostly play multiplayer. But for some it's probably perfect! :p

I'm a F2P-player and I can't afford the campaign (that's okay considering the amount of time they've put into it), but if I can't play some cards in multiplayer without paying real money, that means I'm done with this game (Going to delete it, no going back). If that's not the case I would CONSIDER buying the campaign when I have the money and I like the game enough to actually put money into it.
I don't like being punished for being F2P-player and I know I'm not the only one who is going to suffer.
I have played hearthstone as a F2P-player in a long time but recently I threw some money at the game because I liked the game and the developers did not force me to use money on anything at all!

Call me a cry-baby, but I don't like games that forces you to use money to get good at the game.
I really hope this is NOT the case.

Hs in current state is not f2p. I do not understand what is your complain. This game has the best f2p system i had seen . Your choice.

scp087b;n9659081 said:
Call me a cry-baby, but I don't like games that forces you to use money to get good at the game.

No one forces you to pay anything for Gwent. As long as these new cards will be properly balanced, you won't need them for a viable deck.

I don't see an issue here, at least not yet.

devivre;n9665441 said:
No one forces you to pay anything for Gwent. As long as these new cards will be properly balanced, you won't need them for a viable deck.

I don't think I explained myself properly.
I'll give an example:
Lets say that in the campaign you get clan an craite greatsword (I know it exist already, but let's say it doesn't yet) that you can only get from the campaign to multiplayer and you can only get that card from that campaign with real money. It has a mechanic you can't compare to the other skellige-cards (Nothing more than cards that looks a bit like that card).
What I'm trying to say is, you should be able to obtain every card in the game one way or the other.

When I bring in Hs, I'm saying every card can be obtain one way or the other (If you can't buy it, you can craft it).
In Gwent I fear that isn't the case. I don't care if I can't get it in movie-card and I don't care if I must craft it (and yes I don't care if I can't get the cards to single-player, but that is something different).
What I'm questioning is: Will I ever be able to play it in multiplayer? And if no how effective will these cards be?

Otherwise it's a great game, but it will make me sad if these cards will have a big effect or combo that will constantly show up in ranked, making a split between those who paid and those who didn't.

The cards is my only concern, but everything else is fine :/
Hope I didn't offend anyone and hope I was making a bit more sense now than before.

Marcin_Momot;n9387001 said:
Thronebreaker will be available for purchase with real currency - we will reveal its price as we get closer to the release date. It will add 20 cards to the multiplayer collection. During campaign you will obtain way more cards than that, but they will all be tailored for single-player purposes. Hope this helps.

Hopefully we'll be able to use a slightly more expensive in-game currency route as a means of unlocking as well!

I hope this 20 cards wont be exclusive, and the owner will also get frame, title and avatar for it. Imho, it would be perfect reward. I am going to buy it only for new gameplay and story.

MedievalHistory;n9687061 said:
Hopefully we'll be able to use a slightly more expensive in-game currency route as a means of unlocking as well!

Developers could do so in such a way that in first month of the season SP would be for real cash only, in the second month for the high amount of raw material available in the game, and after the end of the season, say half the price in the raw materials that was in force in the second month. I think they would all be happy.

Ramalian;n9694381 said:
Developers could do so in such a way that in first month of the season SP would be for real cash only
I don't like this approach if they aim to keep the MP aspect of the game f2p. Everyone should get access to the MP content as soon as it's launched. Those who pay for the SP campaign will get it as a "bonus", and those who don't should be able to craft it with scraps at the same time. The scrap cost to craft them can deviate a bit from the normal costs that we have now, so that it would be more expensive for some time, like you suggested.

Theodrik;n9697321 said:
I don't like this approach if they aim to keep the MP aspect of the game f2p. Everyone should get access to the MP content as soon as it's launched. Those who pay for the SP campaign will get it as a "bonus", and those who don't should be able to craft it with scraps at the same time. The scrap cost to craft them can deviate a bit from the normal costs that we have now, so that it would be more expensive for some time, like you suggested.

Ok, but my idea was about a situation that is now most likely - the cards will get people who will pay the real currency. Then my idea would satisfy everyone, of course, for the good of the game in the context of F2P would be better as you claim. Do not fool yourself, Gwent is a very generous game and developers have to find a way to monetize. For me the period of 1 month paid for real cash and the next month for the currency in the game would be fairly fair.

Generally, I do not like the idea that at the time of purchase anyone who pays will receive 20 cards. Cards should be paged up gradually during the single player campaign.

We will see how it will looks like when SP sees the light. I hope it will not look like a pay or you will never see that cards.

alexandr22;n9661271 said:
Hs in current state is not f2p. I do not understand what is your complain. This game has the best f2p system i had seen . Your choice.

Gwent and Shadowverse are 2 of the most generous F2P digital card games and HS is the least of all at this current state indeed.
But this is a lot different... HS is still F2P viable... You need more time and grind, yeah. But hasn't stopped to be F2P at all.
Adventures, expansions... anything (except some hero portraits and their card backs) in HS are available to purchase via in-game gold, not only with real money.

20 new cards for multiplayer must be available via crafting or/and gold, otherwise Gwent will be turned to a P2W.

It would be more healthy to release their MP version at least with gold only to get the cards, with no access to SP campaign.
Those would spend real money for SP campaign would get MP cards for free as a bonus, along with in-game small presents (like Ale's festival).

scp087b;n9659081 said:

I may be wrong, but if i remember correctly from interview with developers: if you don't buy campaign you will have to craft campaign cards like any other in the game. If you buy this campaign you will get common versions on start and premium versions will be found in the game so you won't have to craft them at all. Also, if i remember correctly, premium versions may be unavailable for players who didn't buy the campaign, but they still will be able to craft common versions of its cards.

Andrey82;n9716751 said:
I may be wrong, but if i remember correctly from interview with developers: if you don't buy campaign you will have to craft campaign cards like any other in the game. If you buy this campaign you will get common versions on start and premium versions will be found in the game so you won't have to craft them at all. Also, if i remember correctly, premium versions may be unavailable for players who didn't buy the campaign, but they still will be able to craft common versions of its cards.

If you can craft them at least this is great.
I'm not F2P player and probably I will buy campaign, as I like to support.
But I hate f2p games that are geting P2W, that's why I will search for that you wrote and then will decide to keep playing or just let it go.

How good could the 20 single player cards in thronebreaker be in multiplayer...

Since this is a free to play game and one can get every single card in the game without spending a penny, if the 20 cards that one could obtain from buying thronebreaker, are multiplayer game changing, then this could be a bit of a problem if it's the only way someone can obtain them. Hopefully they have already thought this through.

mfool123

I've moved your post over to an existing thread because it already discussed the implications of having multiplayer cards behind a paywall.

Top Bottom