Price of Thronebreaker?

+
mfool123;n9723151 said:
if the 20 cards that one could obtain from buying thronebreaker, are multiplayer game changing, then this could be a bit of a problem if it's the only way someone can obtain them.

This would be the most disrespectful to their costumers and the most greedy thing they could do. They can't be that stupid.

I just hope that as you develop these kinds of modes you don't lose sight of the f2p players. If more and more free players begin to feel isolated it won't take much for them to hobble along. The elitists may despise or grumble at them but once you lose your f2p community, your game will not be that far behind. This is the time to pitch in deep and let it be known far and wide that you're the king of all care-bears. Because incoming card games of popular franchises (MTG: Arena, DOTA) will be coming to thin your player base sooner or later.

As a player, my feedback is that I don't mind paying for a campaign mode, but I will mind if there are cards only obtainable through that campaign and no other means. Even if it's only meme cards, the feeling of having content locked behind money is not appealing.

Yykkla;n9819801 said:
As a player, my feedback is that I don't mind paying for a campaign mode, but I will mind if there are cards only obtainable through that campaign and no other means. Even if it's only meme cards, the feeling of having content locked behind money is not appealing.

Well, the game it's already free (at least until now), right? So what would be the point of invest and risk your money in new modes for no return? I don't think it's possible bring a decent campaign mode without add new cards for this campaign so consequently some cards should have a price. The point it's the difference those cards can do. If they're just ornamentation then I don't see a problem at all.

Cards exclusive to payers will make not-payers to leave the game. If they won`t have any other chance to obtain them apart from buying SP campaign, then they will be in huge disadvantage to those, who will buy Thronebreaker. I have bought around 100 barrels, so it ts not a whining from free player. But for now I will not be spending any more money, as this game is on the course to kill it playerbase. Time will show, if I`m right, maybe CDPR will realise after some time, that they shooting their foot and give some ways to free players to obtain ALL, not SOME cards available in the game. Probably best way to reward people why would purchase Thronebreaker is to give them those campaign cards along with nice amount of scraps and few gold cards that are already in the game. But free players still should be able to earn every single card in game. It would take them to do so significantly longer, but they would have incentives to grind

Emilopulos;n9877071 said:
Cards exclusive to payers will make not-payers to leave the game. If they won`t have any other chance to obtain them apart from buying SP campaign, then they will be in huge disadvantage to those, who will buy Thronebreaker. I have bought around 100 barrels, so it ts not a whining from free player. But for now I will not be spending any more money, as this game is on the course to kill it playerbase. Time will show, if I`m right, maybe CDPR will realise after some time, that they shooting their foot and give some ways to free players to obtain ALL, not SOME cards available in the game. Probably best way to reward people why would purchase Thronebreaker is to give them those campaign cards along with nice amount of scraps and few gold cards that are already in the game. But free players still should be able to earn every single card in game. It would take them to do so significantly longer, but they would have incentives to grind

We still dont know for sure how this will turn out, until the expansion is out we shouldnt rush to blame the developers for doing something they havent done yet.
I understand the importance of keeping the game f2p (Im a f2p player myself) and I'm sure the devs are already aware of all the complaints for possibly having some cards behind paywalls and I trust them to do the right thing, remember we are not talking about EA or Activision here its CDPR we are talking about.

I am jus wondering...
The ones os us who actually buy the campaign, will we receive the 20 multiplayer cards just when the campaign is just purchased, when we finish thronebreaker for the first time or will be unlocking them while playing the campaign?
As I say... Just wondering and I am just curious about it, despite I would rather the last option, it seems the most funny for me

Guys come on, F2p players will be able to get all cards for 100% w/o purchasing campaign. The only question is how those cards will be distributed, or how much scraps they will cost. Allright let's say you f2p player, fine, you will be never penalted for not spending cash. Of course if you spend some cash you will get some cards faster but hey you don't need to own them all. So don't worry

How about f2p players show a little support for cdpr? I'm broke but I know I'm helping fund cyber punk and helping keep Gwent alive. I've bought kegs for Gwent and Gwent alone.. I'll never buy a loot box from another company. I freaking hate loot boxes but cdpr have been fair with us when most big publishers are just looking to screw you over.. Sure they have investors and need to make a profit at the end of the day but they find a nice middle ground and are more than fair to us. Do you guys not think you can come up with $20? It can't be more than that. So much anger about f2p not getting the cards, what's to say they will even be any good. since everyone who is f2p mostly just net decks one maybe two decks anyway, would you even really want them if they fit into the meta? Not trying to be mean.

Marcin_Momot;n9387001 said:
Thronebreaker will be available for purchase with real currency - we will reveal its price as we get closer to the release date. It will add 20 cards to the multiplayer collection.

Sure, sure, nothing wrong with that, nothing to see here. It's what to be expected from modern gaming industry, nothing less. (And then people rage and complain about SW:BF2 and comment sarcastically "we leave Greed for others", funny shit, real funny). You get some things right, but still, you are one of them @ the end of the day whatever you may want to think about yourselves.

Norinoo;n10181822 said:
Sure, sure, nothing wrong with that, nothing to see here. It's what to be expected from modern gaming industry, nothing less.

A F2P game shouldn't lock cards behind a paywall. There should at least be an option to acquire those cards using in-game currency, even if it's inefficient to do so.

boneflayerr;n10192372 said:
If the cards are only obtainable by buying the DLC, doesn't that make Gwent Pay-To-Win?

That depends on the strength of those cards. Regardless, players are going to object purely on principle. The only real choice for CDPR is making those cards available, either via crafting or via a special keg that can be bought with in-game currency.

4RM3D;n10192492 said:
That depends on the strength of those cards. Regardless, players are going to object purely on principle. The only real choice for CDPR is making those cards available, either via crafting or via a special keg that can be bought with in-game currency.

No matter the strength of the card, if it is unobtainable for a player who hasn't paid for the expansion, he's still put at a disadvantage. I'm going to buy the expansion, but I am sure many people won't and that will push them towards quittingthe game.

boneflayerr;n10192532 said:
I'm going to buy the expansion, but I am sure many people won't and that will push them towards quittingthe game.

Hence:

4RM3D;n10192492 said:
The only real choice for CDPR is making those cards available [...] for everyone.

Top Bottom