Apparently Thronebreaker got delayed to 2018

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Thronebreaker got delayed to 2018

https://kotaku.com/gwents-latest-update-takes-inspiration-from-chess-1819264144

"Prior to the game’s single-player campaign called Thronebreaker to be released sometime in 2018"

At gamescom CDPR assured us the first campaign will be releasing in 2017 still but according to Kotaku, this is no longer the case. Apparently, 2018 is when we get thronebreaker.

Can we get any kind of clarification, because if the press is reporting it, shouldn't we take them for their word, even Kotaku? I'm considering linking this article on reddit but I'll probably get mass down-voted since people laugh at Kotaku's credibility.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Initially, Thronebreaker was to be released at the end of the year when the game goes out of beta (rumored). Maybe the open-beta has been prolonged and, with it, Thronebreaker delayed.

Not so fast, everyone. This looks like either a mistake, or mere observers' speculation, since a more recent article (yesterday) from the same editor at Kotaku suggests a release within the remaining two months of 2017:
Gwent’s single-player campaign due out when the game officially launches in the next couple of months.

Source: https://kotaku.com/gwent-is-good-no...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Granted, Thronebreaker conceivably mayn't appear until early 2018, since the developers do have rather a habit of cramming in grand amounts of content at the last minute.

In any event, let's see if we can get a general confirmation from
REDDorigen , Dominika , or alkozera : Is the single-player still scheduled for 2017, or should we expect a slight delay?

I hope not!! But ive waited before with other games (star citizen) And theres nothing wrong with that. A longer wait just means the game will be more polished and refined :) So honestly do whats right!

I get what they're doing. They are going to announce its release at the Game Awards on December 5th and say something like "releases tonight on psn, xbox store, steam, gog for 9.99"

You sly sly dogs. You're sly, but you can't outfox a fox.

Raunbjorn

immessingaround;n9803541 said:
I get what they're doing. They are going to announce its release at the Game Awards on December 5th and say something like "releases tonight on psn, xbox store, steam, gog for 9.99"

You sly sly dogs. You're sly, but you can't outfox a fox.

But can you sly a slyzard?

RidiculousName;n9817801 said:
Thronebreaker coming out in January would sure be an awesome start for the year. :cool:

It would, but I promise that I won't be complaining if we get it for Christmas :p Either way works for me.

We just have to wait a bit more and prepare for the even more awesome campaign when it finally comes out :) (I was also a bit sad because of the delay, but I rather play the polished and finished version of the campaign, instead of rushed one, even if it takes a while longer.)

However, since there is now official thread for Thronebreaker delay, let's use that one. Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom