Replica Superior Wolf School Swords

+
Replica Superior Wolf School Swords

Hi everyone,

I’m a hobbyist prop maker and a big fan of the Witcher. I love the design of the weapons and armour in the Witcher 3, and have been making a set of replica Superior Wolf School swords since the game came out. I recently finished the project and am finally ready to share it with the community.

The swords were fabricated out of MDF, plastic and sculpting putty, from which molds were made. All of the metallic pieces are cold cast plastic (aluminium dust mixed into the plastic to make it look like metal), the scabbards are made out of carbon fibre, and all of the leather was shaped, dyed and stitched by hand. For more details, check out my Replica Prop Forum thread, and find a full build write-up on my blog (Part 1 and Part 2).

Witcher Swords Finished.jpg
Swords.jpg
Hilts.jpg
Harness Front.jpg
Wearing Swords.jpg

Gorgeous.

Though I bet wearing them on the back makes them a bit of a bitch to draw, Or can you actually roll the scabbard up enough to draw out and down over the shoulder?

Thanks!

There's no practical way to draw them over the shoulder, the blades are far too long. The only way is to grab on to the blade and slide it out bit by bit, or draw them before putting on the harness :p

Top Bottom