Need help about witcher gear.

+
Need help about witcher gear.

Actually regarding wolf school gear.

1. I read that to craft wolf grandmaster gear you don't need to have mastercrafted version (because its DLC) . Now does that mean I also don't need regular, enhanced and superior gear or just don't need only mastercrafted gear in order to craft grandmaster.

2.. Today I actually looted wolven mastercrafted armor gear in Kaer Morhen .I don't mean diagram but actual piece of armor.

IS this glitch and is possible to find all of them in this way ?

Last edited:
1. The GM Wolven doesn't require any lower tier Wolven gear to craft so yes, you can craft if without ever crafting a single piece of other Wolven gear.

2. Not a glitch. The chest armour is always in that one chest, however it is the only piece you can find in the world. All the others do need to be crafted.

Hi All. New to this forum.

Been playing the Witcher 3 for a couple of months now and absolutely love this game. However, would like some help figuring out why I can't obtain any of the Wolven Gear (Standard, Enhanced, etc...) on my PS4 platform. Same thing happened when I tried to obtain the Cat School Gear. I've completed the quests and looted the diagrams, but can't craft them. Very frustrating as I've spent countless hours running around the world trying to find things.

When I look in the completed quests menu, it shows up as having completed the quest. Some of the gear does show up on my Crafting Menu, but when I highlight any of the individual pieces to select and craft them (ex; Armour and/or Silver Sword), all the ingredients to actually craft them are present but the Standard piece is NOT present. So it won't allow me to craft. If this is a bug, is there a new patch version coming out that will remedy this issue?

Thank you,
Byter182

So you have crafted the basic version of the gear, but you can't update it to advanced version?

Sunsibar;n10811821 said:
So you have crafted the basic version of the gear, but you can't update it to advanced version?

No I have all 6 pieces of grandmaster wolven witcher gear.

Muffliato;n10813501 said:
Sunsibar was replying to byter182, I'm pretty sure. :)

Ok my mistake but to be honest I didn't see him quoting byter182 or mentioning him in post.

My apologize Bracala... Not wanting to hijack your post. But since I'm new I'm unable to create a new post of my own. This topic seems to be pretty close to my questions. Hope someone's able to help with your questions.

Sunsibar;n10811821 said:

Hi Sunsibar,

Not sure if you were replying to my questions but hopefully you'll tune in and offer some insight.

I have NOT crafted the basic gear version yet. I have completed the standard quest(s) and obtained the diagrams for both the Woven and Feline gears but am not able to craft either of them since the basic or standard Armour and Swords are missing in the crafting recipe. The diagrams do seem to show up in the crafting menu on the left, but when I click on them to view the recipe on the right, the armour vest and the sword come up in red as if missing, but the rest of the ingredients in the recipe do show in green. I'm not that savvy w/this techy stuff but I'll try to attach a PIC.

Byter182
:facepalm:

OK... I tried to upload a PIC but keep getting an error from the forum. I have gone to several master armorers and blacksmith and I'm still not able to craft. This is becoming very frustrating and taking away from the full enjoyment of the game.

byter182;n10815371 said:
OK... I tried to upload a PIC but keep getting an error from the forum.

Make sure your image is in .jpg format (forum does not like filetypes like .png for some reason), and that it isn't too large in size.

Bracala;n10813421 said:
No I have all 6 pieces of grandmaster wolven witcher gear.
byter182;n10815261 said:
Not sure if you were replying to my questions but hopefully you'll tune in and offer some insight.

Yes, I was answering to byter182 but forgot to use quote, my bad :)

Like Muffliato said earlier, check that your screenshot is not over 1MB. Optionally you can also upload that picture to some external site and put the link into your post. Or even try to copy paste the picture into your post. Screenshot would be helpful. I don't have much time at the moment, but I'll try to check this again later.

byter182;n10815121 said:
My apologize Bracala... Not wanting to hijack your post. But since I'm new I'm unable to create a new post of my own. This topic seems to be pretty close to my questions. Hope someone's able to help with your questions.

No problem my question got answered in first post by Muffliato and I crafted grandmaster Wolven gear.

Sunsibar;n10818061 said:

Like Muffliato said earlier, check that your screenshot is not over 1MB. Optionally you can also upload that picture to some external site and put the link into your post. Or even try to copy paste the picture into your post. Screenshot would be helpful. I don't have much time at the moment, but I'll try to check this again later.

No problem

No Title

Sunsibar;n10818061 said:

K... Thanks for tending to this matter.

Just want to have fun w/this game and not being able to craft gear is making that difficult. I'm gonna try again to upload some PICS. Looks like it may work this time.

The first 3 PICS show the Crafting Menu. As you can see on the left, they're all in red indicating that there's a component missing. The only component that's missing as far as I can tell is the standard Feline Silver Sword and the Standard Feline Armor. Also missing on the Wolven gear. However, as you can also see, in the following PICS, I've already completed all the associated quests related to the standard gear as well as some Upgrades and Superior. What gives?

Help,
Byter182

Attachments

• photo206931.jpg
    photo206931.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 395
  • photo206941.jpg
    photo206941.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 290
  • photo206951.jpg
    photo206951.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 261
  • photo206961.jpg
    photo206961.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 223
  • photo206971.jpg
    photo206971.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 228
  • photo206981.jpg
    photo206981.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
byter182;n10821481 said:
I've already completed all the associated quests

Ah, now I see! Completing the quest only gives you the diagrams for crafting the items. Not the actual items.

So first thing you have to do after completing the quests and collecting the diagrams, is to find a blacksmith/armorsmith. Then you have to craft the basic version of the gear first, aka Wolf School Silver Sword or whatever was the name of the basic gear. Once you have done that, you can upgrade that same item at the blacksmit's/armorsmith's to enhanced/superior/master/grandmaster levels.

At the moment it looks like you haven't yet crafted the basic gear (since completing the quest only gave you diagrams for it), but you are trying to directly craft the updated version of it, which doesn't work without crafting the basic set first. So, whenever you craft some Witcher gear, don't sell it even if you don't use it at the moment. You will need it later when you get more levels and if you want to upgrade it to higher tier.

byter182;n10821481 said:
K... Thanks for tending to this matter.

Just want to have fun w/this game and not being able to craft gear is making that difficult. I'm gonna try again to upload some PICS. Looks like it may work this time.

The first 3 PICS show the Crafting Menu. As you can see on the left, they're all in red indicating that there's a component missing. The only component that's missing as far as I can tell is the standard Feline Silver Sword and the Standard Feline Armor. Also missing on the Wolven gear. However, as you can also see, in the following PICS, I've already completed all the associated quests related to the standard gear as well as some Upgrades and Superior. What gives?

Help,
Byter182

There are 5 types of witcher gear. Regular/basic , enhanced, superior, mastercraft, grandmaster.

Now you can't craft for example feline enhanced silver sword if you don't already have feline silver sword.

In images you posted you are trying to craft superior feline steel sword but in order to do that you first need to craft regular feline steel sword, then enhanced feline steel sword and only then you can craft superior feline sword.

So you need diagrams for regular gear in order to start crafting witcher gear.

Thank you both Sunsibar and Bracala for your quick replies.

I believe I completed all the basic versions of the quests in question. Scavanger Hunt: Cat School Gear (Level 17), Scavanger Hunt: Griffin School Gear (Level 11), Scavanger Hunt: Wolf School Gear (Level 14), Scavanger Hunt: Viper School Gear (Level 6). Unless I'm mistaken as to whether these are the basic versions, it appears as if I've already completed these quests and obtained their diagrams. However, I don't remember ever having the option to craft them when I initially obtained those diagrams. Since I started the game I have never had the option to craft any armor or sword diagrams. All the gear I have are only those I've found or were given to me. I know I've sold quite a number of swords and armor but don't think I sold any of the specialized gears but can't remember for sure. Is this a game glitch or is there something I'm doing wrong?

I tried to include some add'l jpg PICS (Under 1M) of the completed quests mentioned above but getting ERROR messages again. Have I reached my maximum # of PICS I can upload?

Thanks again,
Byter182

Last edited:
Even if you inadvertently sold say a regular sword, and you needed it to craft an enhanced sword, you could always craft the regular sword again.
You should be aware that not all blackmisths are able to craft all levels of witcher gear. I can't remember the exact terms, but only a master blacksmith can craft master-level swords, say. And there's only one such person in the base game, excluding DLCs. I don't recall whether the game will prompt you that the smith you're currently interacting with is too low a level to craft the version of the gear you want.
Hope this helps.

Edit: Nvm, I re-read your original post and please ignore my post above.
Have you tried re-crafting the basic equipment again?

Last edited:
byter182;n10827121 said:
I don't remember ever having the option to craft them

Can you see the basic diagrams in your Glossary -> Crafting?

If you can see them there, you should also see them when you go to see Blacksmith/Armorer and ask them to craft something for you.

Last edited:
byter182;n10827121 said:
Thank you both Sunsibar and Bracala for your quick replies.

I believe I completed all the basic versions of the quests in question. Scavanger Hunt: Cat School Gear (Level 17), Scavanger Hunt: Griffin School Gear (Level 11), Scavanger Hunt: Wolf School Gear (Level 14), Scavanger Hunt: Viper School Gear (Level 6). Unless I'm mistaken as to whether these are the basic versions, it appears as if I've already completed these quests and obtained their diagrams. However, I don't remember ever having the option to craft them when I initially obtained those diagrams. Since I started the game I have never had the option to craft any armor or sword diagrams. All the gear I have are only those I've found or were given to me. I know I've sold quite a number of swords and armor but don't think I sold any of the specialized gears but can't remember for sure. Is this a game glitch or is there something I'm doing wrong?

I tried to include some add'l jpg PICS (Under 1M) of the completed quests mentioned above but getting ERROR messages again. Have I reached my maximum # of PICS I can upload?

Thanks again,
Byter182

But on images you posted its clear you have option to craft item but you don't have right items. Let me say you this unlike alchemy stuff which you can make on your , Geralt himself can't craft items , you need to actually visit blacksmit/armorer.You must chose option " Can you craft something for me":

Also this is witcher gear so only 2 persons can craft them ( 3 if you have blood and wine expansion) (witcher gear is special case for some reasons )

First person able to craft witcher gear is that female armorer in Velen in Bloody Baron castle (Crows Perch)

.Second one is that elf blacksmit Hattori in Novigrad.

Note : keep in mind that in this game armorers can only craft witcher gear armours not swords while blacksmiths can only craft swords).So that female will only be able to craft witcher gear armours not silver/steel swords while that Hattori blacksmith will only be able to craft those swords and not armours.

For the sake of explanation I will use withcher gear Feline silver sword as example

Now we have

1. Feline silver sword
2. feline silver sword - enhanced
3. feline silver sword -superior
4. feline silver sword - mastercraft.

So you can't craft for example enhanced feline silver sword without having feline silver sword already crafted ( not diagram or completed quest but actual crafted item in your inventory).

Top Bottom