Need help about witcher gear.

+
Hayashi.226;n10827771 said:
Even if you inadvertently sold say a regular sword, and you needed it to craft an enhanced sword, you could always craft the regular sword again.
You should be aware that not all blackmisths are able to craft all levels of witcher gear. I can't remember the exact terms, but only a master blacksmith can craft master-level swords, say. And there's only one such person in the base game, excluding DLCs. I don't recall whether the game will prompt you that the smith you're currently interacting with is too low a level to craft the version of the gear you want.
Hope this helps.

Edit: Nvm, I re-read your original post and please ignore my post above.
Have you tried re-crafting the basic equipment again?

Yeah... I have tried to recraft the original basic gear. The game will not give me that option when I pull up the crafting menu through any of the Armor or Blacksmith merchants. And I've gone to several different smiths including both Journeyman and master smiths. When I do, the original basic gear or diagrams do not show in the crafting menu. Only the upgrades show with the basic gear missing from them.

Sunsibar;n10829881 said:
Can you see the basic diagrams in your Glossary -> Crafting?

If you can see them there, you should also see them when you go to see Blacksmith/Armorer and ask them to craft something for you.

Unfortunately I cannot. The basic gear does not show in either of the crafting menus. Either when I pull up the crafting menu from the glossary w/o going to a smith or when I pull up the glossary by starting a dialog with a master Armor or Blacksmith. What's weird is that for some strange reason, yesterday for one brief moment right after completing a quest in Skellege, I pulled up the crafting menu through the glossary cause I wanted to see if I had gotten another diagram I had just found, the basic Feline Cat School Chest Armor piece was suddenly there. It had all the ingredients and all that was missing was that white T-shirt. I quickly saved the game and ran over to my stash bin to get the white t-shirt. As soon as I transferred the t-shirt to my inventory, I looked again at my craft menu within the glossary and the basic Feline gear was gone. So I reverted to the previous save, and the basic Feline gear was there again.

I ran very fast over to the nearest master Armor in Kaer in Skellege. Started dialog and asked if he can craft something for me. When crafting menu came up, basic gear was still there but the white t-shirt was missing. Highlighted it to see if it would give me option to buy. That was a no go. So I hit back button to see if Armorer had it in his inventory. He did. So I purchased it. When I went back into the Amorers crafting menu, basic Feline Cat gear was gone.

Think this is a major glitch or bug going on here with my game. I got it through a PS4 store download. Not sure what to do next. Very frustrating having gone this far and not being able to benefit from the gears that make this game great. I'm at level 26. Took me well over a 150 hours to get here. Would hate to have to start game over again not knowing for sure what's causing this problem. Don't want to put in another 100 hours only to find out that game's still doing the same thing.

Bracala;n10831361 said:
But on images you posted its clear you have option to craft item but you don't have right items. Let me say you this unlike alchemy stuff which you can make on your , Geralt himself can't craft items , you need to actually visit blacksmit/armorer.You must chose option " Can you craft something for me":

Also this is witcher gear so only 2 persons can craft them ( 3 if you have blood and wine expansion) (witcher gear is special case for some reasons )

First person able to craft witcher gear is that female armorer in Velen in Bloody Baron castle (Crows Perch)

.Second one is that elf blacksmit Hattori in Novigrad.

Note : keep in mind that in this game armorers can only craft witcher gear armours not swords while blacksmiths can only craft swords).So that female will only be able to craft witcher gear armours not silver/steel swords while that Hattori blacksmith will only be able to craft those swords and not armours.

For the sake of explanation I will use withcher gear Feline silver sword as example

Now we have

1. Feline silver sword
2. feline silver sword - enhanced
3. feline silver sword -superior
4. feline silver sword - mastercraft.

So you can't craft for example enhanced feline silver sword without having feline silver sword already crafted ( not diagram or completed quest but actual crafted item in your inventory).

Been to all them armorers and blacksmiths. Both the female and her dwarf protégé in Crows Perch as well as Hattori in Novigrad. Still not able to craft.

:facepalm:

byter182;n10839531 said:
Been to all them armorers and blacksmiths. Both the female and her dwarf protégé in Crows Perch as well as Hattori in Novigrad. Still not able to craft.

I think I may have figured it out. Looking at the pictures you posted on the 15th, the issue is this:
partsmissing.jpg

So, simply change your filters (I think it says R3 button for that) so that they also include "All parts present" and you should be able to have the gear crafted. :)

Last edited:
It sounds to me like your game bugged out on you. Do you have a save file before completing the scavenger quests? If you do, try loading that and see if you can craft. Other than that, I dunno.

I recently had my 2nd play through and during the quest where you go back and try and kill crimes with the bloody baron, and something screwed my save up so bad I had no sound, people/objects clipping in and out, couple other things. All I had to do to fix it was delete the corrupted save file. Maybe this will work for you?

Muffliato;n10839591 said:
I think I may have figured it out. Looking at the pictures you posted on the 15th, the issue is this:

So, simply change your filters (I think it says R3 button for that) so that they also include "All parts present" and you should be able to have the gear crafted. :)

:victory:
Muffliato... You Da Man!

That's exactly what the problem was. I changed the filter and the armor crafting page lit up like a Christmas tree.. All my diagrams were all there with the green text underneath (Item Can Be Crafted). Geralt looks pretty Bad A$$ now with his Feline Gear.

I now have diagrams I didn't even know I had. Level 1, 2, and 5 swords and armor I could have used to make my game play a little smoother back then in earlier levels. I also have all the Griffin and Wolven gear and other gears I can't even pronounce. Will craft those later when I get more crowns.

Don't know how I could've missed that simple fix but glad you guys helped me sort it out. Thank you all so much for your input and time in helping me sort this out. This is one of the most challenging and fun games I've ever played. Now it's even better.

byter182;n10861431 said:
Don't know how I could've missed that simple fix but glad you guys helped me sort it out.

You'd be surprised... many people, including myself, have had the same issue. :D

Anyway, glad it's fixed now. And you're welcome, of course. :)

Top Bottom