Identifying correct save to import

+
Identifying correct save to import

I need some help on this. In W3 when selecting the save game to import, I'm presented with a list of save games. But the problem is I can't, from that list, identify the correct autosave to import. For one, the time stamp doesn't match, and the name of the file doesn't either.
Short of deleting (which I'm loath to do as I may go back to some earlier decision points to replay the game), how do I correctly import? Thanks.

Well, you could move (to Desktop, for example) all the W2 saves you don't want to import, and then put them back once you've gotten your W3 save going.

If everything else fails, you can also use the option to simulate the TW2 save import in game. This only supports 5 of the choices, but most of the others can be changed with console commands (see here). The one imported choice where this might not work is Geralt's tattoo, since that needs to appear right from the beginning in Kaer Morhen.

Muffliato, thanks for your suggestion. Seeing the tattoo in Kaer Mohen gave me a chuckle.
Guess I need to start a new game just to run through the tutorial... played W2 too long now I need to unlearn some of the muscle memory :p

sv3672;n10880871 said:
If everything else fails, you can also use the option to simulate the TW2 save import in game. This only supports 5 of the choices, but most of the others can be changed with console commands (see here). The one imported choice where this might not work is Geralt's tattoo, since that needs to appear right from the beginning in Kaer Morhen.

Do you know if there's a way to read the states of these triggers from dev console? Because it's been like 6 years since I've played W2 ;)

KoalaNalle;n10884271 said:
Do you know if there's a way to read the states of these triggers from dev console? Because it's been like 6 years since I've played W2 ;)

I do not know, it would probably be best to ask about this on the Witcher 2 modding sub-forum. I did have a program that dumped all facts from a TW2 save, but I am not sure if I still have it somewhere.

Top Bottom