Character Builds, Ability Points, & How to Kick Ass Thread

+

Character Builds, Ability Points, & How to Kick Ass Thread

• Primarily Combat Build. Blood and Fear!

Votes: 193 34.9%
  • Mostly Signs. Your Mind Is Mine.

Votes: 74 13.4%
  • Alchemy. Mutant and Proud of It.

Votes: 82 14.8%
  • Hybrid, some of each. Polymath!

Votes: 215 38.9%
  • I also love the General set! Lots of use.

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Can't decide. Many Respecs lie ahead!

Votes: 37 6.7%

• Total voters
Help me finalize this hybrid build

Hi guys,

I plan to fun this hybrid build.

1 slot - red:
muscole memory
strength training
deflect arrow

2 slot - blue
exploding quen
prolonged quel
delusion

3 slot - red
crushing blows
precise blows
country attack

So far, I Like this build because it is a good compromise between power and canon Geralt I know from the book.

For the last slot I wIll choose Griffin techiniwues (i like design and aestethic of medium armors), but then I am undecide between:
1 - rend and whirlwind - add variety to gameplay, althought They are a bit too situatiomal OR
2 - eightened and acquirente tolerance - allow to consume decotion, which are not so powerful (except ekidna), but can be use in any situation.

What do you recomend and why?

Thanks.

sommojames Thread merged.

This one is highly likely to have useful information; have a look around. You can even search the thread using the little field next to the page number. :)

Greeting fellow followers of the Path. There is just something I wanted to bring up...

How come no one has thought up build utilizing the following:

Vitis/Gesheft
All grandmaster Griffin armor
Conductors of Magic

I finished my first play through and have just started my first NG+ and after going mostly swords/alch, I decided to try Signs build(kinda like my TW2 build), but I understand the need to use swords as well. After unlocking this mutagen I started looking for swords in my stash that increased sign damage and fell upon these, and knew I had to use them with it somehow. Has no one tried any tests with CoM? Or does everyone just go all signs/euphoria/synergy and not worry about swords? Just wondering...

It has probably already been mentioned a thousands time over by now, but playing through DM+, I found Acquired Tolerance to be a real gem. It's great being able to pop multiple decoctions at once and still have enough tolerance to down a few potions. For what it lets you do, it's almost a little unfair that it's on the first row of the alchemy tree. Really can't see myself doing a build without it now.

Hello,

I own the Witcher 3 since its release, finished it 2 times and now began my 3rd adventure. Crazy enough, I don't know much about how to build a good character, even after "all these years" since 2015. I mainly put everything in combat, without even knowing what it does. This time (for my 3rd adventure) I want to build a proper character.

Could somebody give me advise? (I already watched thousands of Youtube videos about character build but its too much if you know what I mean, i'm not getting really anywhere). Basically I want to focust most points on combat skills, but what could I add beside those skills?

What I wanted to do is almost follow this character guide (
), but if someone else knows a cool build with combat, please let me know. (I have never been really good with character builds in RPGs).

Thanks!

Thanks Muffliato. I have read several pages and everybody has their own kind of character build. I don't really want to copy a build one on one. What I want is a combat character, mixed with signs/magic. I'm not really into alchemy and almost never use bombs and that sort of things. Oh and Im also not really in potions, I mainly use Swallow and Thunderbolt.

Any suggestions to bring me into the right direction? Thanks.

Last edited:
This is my Witcher set up...
I just choose what I feel is good for my play style. I'm definitely no expert at doing it.
But my Witcher is unstoppable even on Death March, fighting Red Skulls enemies and monsters.

Here's my fav weapons...

Here's my fav gears...

Thanks Muffliato. I have read several pages and everybody has their own kind of character build. I don't really want to copy a build one on one. What I want is a combat character, mixed with signs/magic. I'm not really into alchemy and almost never use bombs and that sort of things. Oh and Im also not really in potions, I mainly use Swallow and Thunderbolt.

Any suggestions to bring me into the right direction? Thanks.
The best mutation (which increases both sword/magic damage far beyond what all the sword/magic skills can do) is Euphoria and it requires to invest in alchemy. There are not many signs centered builds because they become less effective against high level enemies who have high resistances. An alchemy build doesn't mean using potions all the time, it's focused instead on decoctions (which have powerful long lasting effects) and oils.

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions I was hoping you would all be able to help me with. I am really struggling here and could use some help. I have the basics of my build down to two options: either I will be working a combat/alchemy build that includes Delusion and Exploding Shield or the second option is to drop Exploding Shield for something else; I'm leaning towards either Rend or Crushing Blows. Attached is a link to my build, and I hope you find the area(s) I want to play around with. I do want to keep Euphoria as my mutation, so please keep that in mind.

http://www.rpg-gaming.com/tw3.html?...e514613720826928a23b24d2d&m=02122838&r=38&u=8

Here are some of the more "random" questions that I still have in my head?

1. I was told that Protective Coating is better than Refreshment for a skill, and I was just curious as to what your opinion's are this manner because I initiallly had slotted Refreshment rather than Protective Coating.​
2. For RP purposes, would Geralt be more likely to wear the Ursine armor set or the Manticore armor set?​
3. A lot of people have recommended that I build up and eventually slot Rend at some point. Is Rend really that good? I have a little bit of trouble chaining regular strong attacks stil.​
4. Will Quen still work in NG+ or will it become useless?​

Like I said any help you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SirKorvus

2. For RP purposes, would Geralt be more likely to wear the Ursine armor set or the Manticore armor set?

I can say that the Manticore set is based on the original armor used in TW1. It's also much closer to the canon of the novels, as Geralt wears a leather jacket with bits of silver sewn into it -- not really "armor".

(I don't do number-crunching, normally. So I can't help much with the other stuff. [Math is evil.])

In my opinion:

1. Refreshment just heals you as you chug a potion. It's not something you're going to do continuously in a fight (drink potions, I mean) - typically I drink whatever potions I feel I need before I enter the fray. Plus, there are decoctions (Ekimmara primarily) and potions (Swallow, White Raffard's) that do a better job of healing. So of the 2 I'd reckon Protective Coating is a better choice; it offers a degree of protection in battle. And the instances where you face multiple types of enemies in a battle, thus rendering the skill a bit less useful, are few.

2. No idea about Ursine/Manticore gear.

3. It really depends on your fighting style, but Rend (and it's fast attack counterpart, Whirl), are great, nay, essential, for a build that relies mainly on the sword for damage output. It ignores enemy's defense, increases crit hit chance and cannot be stopped unless Geralt is hit in mid strike. I only recently discovered the whirl/rend combo and I am still learning to chain properly but whirl/rend, combined with the Severance rune word, and a fully-upgraded and charged Aerondight just cuts through mobs like a hot knife through butter.

4. Yes Quen still works in NG+.

So, I've played this game before usings signs and found it kind of "meh." I also found the constant switching in battle from different potions, to bombs, the same was to a lesser extant for oils has I had those prepared before the fight. Below is what I would like my build to look like. I was just wondering if it is feasible to reach all that before end game if it would have good synergy. I should also mention that I have some form of OCD that spills out into my videogames, so I cannot have a skill that is left at like say 4/5. I ca either have the skill maxed or no points whatsoever.

I'm also curious what which gear would be the best. I'm kind of like the Ursine set, the Manticore, and the Viper set. I personally find the Feline set and Griffin set to be too ugly.

Well, I guess I should show you my build. Please, give me any feedbac especially if it come to certain skills just being better than other Oh crap, before I forget what skills are still broken?

<a href="http://www.rpg-gaming.com/tw3.html?...00701806905a04b0ec2dd28&m=08182232&r=1238&u=8">COMBAT / ALCHEMY - EUPHORIA</a>

I'm still unsure if I want to use Exploding Shield? Deadly Precision? Far Reaching Aard? Sustained Glyphs? Fixative? Delayed Recovery?

Anyway, I truly am sorrry for this wall of text, but I would apprepciate anyone's advice and/our input.

Thanks,
Grabnar

Hey everyone, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong subforum, but I have some questions for my build I was hoping you'd be able to answer. I also welcome critique quite a bit. Anywho, my build is and alchemy combat build. I plan on using the Ursine armor as nothing else really appleases me aesthetically except for the Viper armor. As for weapons, I'd use each sets respective ones, or I'd use the Aerondight, Toussaint Knight's Steel Sword, and Geralt's Crossbow.

COMBAT / ALCHEMY - EUPHORIA

Like I said I am open to new ideas and stuff. However, I'm a bit of a Type A person. I want the build to be completed before I begin towards the end of the game. I also don't like leaving skill points "unfinished" eg. if let's say Synergy only is incomplete I f will feel the need to complete it.

Thanks for all you help everyone!

Sorry
Post automatically merged:

@LoSientoCharlie Thread merged.
Take a look around this huge thread; plenty of ideas and comments here.

Thanks for the advice. "Here's a thread about stuff related to the Witcher. Go find it."

Mate, how am I supposed to get feedback from this forum without being able to ask for feedback. Instead you tell others too look through 500th posts?

Last edited:
Not too different from my preferences, with a few exceptions:

Manticore set is a must to get the most out of Euphoria, you want those 280 toxicity/4 decoctions at all times.
Your alchemy skills are well chosen for that already.

Possibly also take Metabolism control from the general tree, for another 30 toxicity - i.e., not only 4 decoctions, you may also chug potions, like cat for caves and tawny owl in combat.

I don't care for razor focus and resolve, personally. I feel counter attack and fleet footed offer more survivability and versatility.

Hey everybody,

First I apologize if this is in the wrong place. It was the area where I could put a discussion thread. I have some questions regarding my build for Geralt

I think I've settled on my witcher build finally! I am going to be combat/alchemist guy. I've tried a sign build too, but the armor just hurst my eyes. I jest of course, I really didn't like their armor but it was the playstyle that really bored me; there is a possibility that I gave up on that run too earlier as there seem to be a lot of good weapons for a sign build.

For armor I plan on using Ursine or Manticore. Ursine looks bad ass and can recast quent while Manticore just seems like an alchemist set. For weapons, I plan on using their respective swords. I may change my mind and use Aerondight, Toussaint Knight's Steel Sword, and Geralt's Crossbow.

The one thing missing though in my opinion is a nuke or something that cuases high spike damage. I've come up with rend, whirl, cluster bombs, flood of anger (?), sunder, or crippling armor. I think most of the good signs are unobtainable and that the bottom row of alchemy is pretty much broken in a not good way.

I think I've finally settled on my witcher build. I think I am going to play as an alchemest/combat guy. I tried to use a sign build, but that armor hurts my eyes. I still decide on Ursine or Manticor... Oh god and the weapons.But, now I am starting to digress I'd like your opinions on a finishing move for Geralt that would cause a pretty good spike in damage. Some obvious ones are: rend, whirl, cluster bombs (with or with ouetefficacy), etc. I have a feaeling I won't be using any of the last tier from the sign tree, but there maybe some skills that could as a nuke.

As for the two signs I've ugraded, Axii is simply there for some dialouge stuff, and Quen just sounded cool as crap, but I am drop it off if it doesn't stop breaking after one hin.

I am open to new ideas and stuff. However, I'm a bit of a Type A person. I want the build to be completed and "perfect" before I begin towards the end of the game. I also don't like leaving skill points "unfinished" eg. if let's say Synergy one point from being complete I will feel the urge to make sure that it is filled is so everything is order and back into "place" like it should be.

Here is the general tentative build. Please feel free to critique as much aas hopital. I'm not sure if you cn tell, but I have Mutated Skin under Euphoria.

COMBAT / ALCHEMY - EUPHORIA

Sorry that this turned into a wally of text. Any advice would be great!

Top Bottom