Quick intro for The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut

+
Quick intro for The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut

CD Projekt RED is excited to announce the upcoming release of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut, allowing gamers in North America to experience the award-winning RPG as the developers originally envisioned. The Director’s Cut is set for release as both a free update for existing owners of the North American version of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and as a stand-alone product at various digital distributors.
  • What is The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut?The Director’s Cut is the version of the game our developers originally intended for you to play. It is essentially the same game that gamers around the world have experienced – now available legitimately for the first time in North America.
  • Where will The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut be available?The Director’s Cut update will be available from TheWitcher.com and all applicable digital distributors in North America, including Steam, Impulse and Direct2Drive. We will announce the release date in the coming days, but as of that date, people who buy The Witcher: Enhanced Edition from digital distributors will be purchasing the Director’s Cut, as it will replace the existing Enhanced Edition on those sites.
  • Will The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut obtained from digital distribution contain 1.5 patch features (i.e. additional adventures)?Yes, Director’s Cut full version (downloaded from digital vendor) of the game will have all features of patch 1.5. If You patch your version of the game with Director's Cut Patch you need also get Patch 1.5 to get all features available.
  • Do I need The Witcher: Enhanced Edition to get the Director’s Cut?If you want to just install the patch to get the Director’s Cut content, then you do need The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. If you’re just buying The Witcher for the first time (or feel like buying it again!) then you can just purchase the product via Steam, Impulse, Direct2Drive, etc. as they will offer the Director’s Cut as a full product already patched to the latest version.
  • I don’t live in North America or I imported a copy of the game from outside of North America. Should I get the Director’s Cut?You really already have the Director’s Cut if you have the international edition of the game and have installed the 1.5 patch!
  • What is the age rating of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut?The Director’s Cut has received an M rating from the ESRB, with Blood and Gore, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content and Violence.

Good news, but some of us already have the unofficial mod for uncensoring the game. Will getting the official Director's Cut make a difference?~ Roxy

Awesome thanks.Dumb question. If I load a previously saved game, will I be playing the Director's Cut, or the enhanced edition I was playing at the time of the save. Thanks

RogueRoxy said:
Good news, but some of us already have the unofficial mod for uncensoring the game. Will getting the official Director's Cut make a difference?~ Roxy
Not really, except that it's official.

valardur said:
Awesome thanks.Dumb question. If I load a previously saved game, will I be playing the Director's Cut, or the enhanced edition I was playing at the time of the save. Thanks
Director's Cut. The old data has already been written over by 1.5, so it no longer exists = you can't play it anymore.

Cool! I already have the uncensored version, but I'm glad the censored version is being replaced. And I'm glad that the ESRB gave this an M rating; maybe Atari won't make you guys have two versions for TW2.(We're all assuming that there's a TW2, even though there's been no official announcement. You guys love Sapkowski, TW1 was a roaring success, and we know you're not stupid, 'cause we've played your game. So of course there'll be a TW2. 8))

Forum veteran
I read on the Facebook announcement that the Director's Cut is the same as the European version release and so I questioned if it can be considered an upgrade of a sort if its the same.Feedback is still outstanding, but others say that patch 1.5 should do justice enough for the month. :wave:,,,Reporting live from piggy central... :wave: ;D ;D ;DSeriously now... The Director's Cut did not rate high on blogs, but that's speculation. As to actual upgrade values, it is said more add-ons may be added with easier applications... load of rubbish to silence the masses I say. But hey, optimistically speaking, any new release concerning this masterpiece must be good for something, right? Man, I sound like a diplomat. :peace:

56236 said:
I read on the Facebook announcement that the Director's Cut is the same as the European version release and so I questioned if it can be considered an upgrade of a sort if its the same.Feedback is still outstanding, but others say that patch 1.5 should do justice enough for the month. :wave:,,,Reporting live from piggy central... :wave: ;D ;D ;DSeriously now... The Director's Cut did not rate high on blogs, but that's speculation. As to actual upgrade values, it is said more add-ons may be added with easier applications... load of rubbish to silence the masses I say. But hey, optimistically speaking, any new release concerning this masterpiece must be good for something, right? Man, I sound like a diplomat. :peace:
Not quite sure what the question is here... hopefully this answers it, though :). The Director's Cut is basically an update for North American copies of TW: Enhanced Edition, which makes the content match up to the international release. We also happen to be just releasing the full game with the Director's Cut update already applied so that people who buy it now will just get the content we intended for people to see. We had to give it a name to resubmit through the ESRB process.

Wow, I love the amount of support the game has gotten since release, the Enhanced edition made a great game even better, and now a Director's Cut...nice.Thanks CD Projekt RED!Downloading for Steam version, since it seems to not have been patched by the auto update yet.

I just wanted to say, like others here, how grateful I am for CD Projekt's continual support for your game. One of the best RPGs (if not the best) I've played since the Baldur's Gate series and Deus Ex is made better and more enjoyable with your continued support. Please keep it up, your customers appreciate it.

We have long passed the ridiculous station. Now it's just embarrassing.Also I suggest you find a new PR guy. Maybe Pete Hines has some free time on his hands.

TomOhle said:
TomOhle said:
Not really, except that it's official.
Thank you, Tom.I intend to get the Director's Cut anyway, but I had wondered about that. You guys are great! Thanks again.~ Roxy

Thank you, CDProjekt. It's not a particularly significant gesture(at least to me, since I had already downloaded both patch 1.5 and the uncensor mod) but it's the thought that counts. :) What I would really like, though, is more official adventures complete with voice-overs. Possibly something to bridge the storyline with that of the sequel?

Thank you, CDProjekt.I've been playing computer games in one form or another for a long time (let's just say I remember playing Zork ::) ), and you guys are in a elite group. There are not many companies willing to stand behind a game that 1) has been out for some time and 2) caters to a "small" community. Although I truly wish that it was a larger community, a lot larger... nudge.. nudge wink.. wink - know what I mean? Keep up the great work. This is one gamer that plans to continue to support all that you do.. [ghost]

This has been one of the best RPG's ever and the small touch of Fantasy/Realism ( life is a contradiction, here I speak of pure if/then how ) provided by the uncut version helped add a little meat that others lack ( not meant as a pun, just happened ), I was extremely disappointed in the EE update when it re censored my version and wanted my money back - now that you have decided to issue the Director's Cut all is changed, I will purchase another copy for my other game unit and upgrade this copy and tell everyone that I told to hold off on purchasing to buy buy buy! Thank You CDProjekt, for stepping up against The Power Hunger and their faithless In the name of my God I'm gonna be your God attitude, censorship kills, I've watched sheltered people fall in mass, 9 years observation in College town USA = factual proof, censorship kills. Long live the open minded and God given freewill!Thanks again,Buzz

TomOhle said:
TomOhle said:
Not quite sure what the question is here... hopefully this answers it, though :). The Director's Cut is basically an update for North American copies of TW: Enhanced Edition, which makes the content match up to the international release. We also happen to be just releasing the full game with the Director's Cut update already applied so that people who buy it now will just get the content we intended for people to see. We had to give it a name to resubmit through the ESRB process.
"resubmit" - that's the word. I see what you intended now and am fully content with your answer. Thanks for understanding my post completely, even if you did have doubts. Maybe I will report back in future so you receive feedback on whether I did receive the content you intended us to see. Thanks again. :peace:

So basically, the "directer's cut" Is what we should have gotten here in america, but was censored to appease the censor bureau(i won't go into details on how I don't like them). So NOW we get the same game as it should have been and the bureau is giving you the OK? Finally we get to see the masterpiece as it was indended. God.. my gaming life.. has got been taken up even more... Well.. I can tell my professor when I start school, I've been doing "homework" early. God.. I love the idea of going to school for game programming, the more I think about it.

Top Bottom