The Witcher 1&2 Remakes?

+

The Witcher 1 & 2 Remakes?

• Yes I would love TW1&2 remastered Edition for PS4 and XboxOne

Votes: 213 47.2%
  • No I don't want this (please specify why)

Votes: 116 25.7%
  • A remake for all platforms.

Votes: 122 27.1%

• Total voters
The Witcher 1 & The Witcher 2 Remake

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the first The Witcher game would be great a remake of The Witcher 1 and a remaster of The Witcher 2 on PS4, for all those who could not play those games before.

I hope everybody can play all The Witcher games soon, independently which game platform we have.

Thanks a lot.

Been waiting for this for quite sometime now. As a matter of fact...
I really am hoping that CDPR will release a Trilogy Special Edition for all Plat...
Make it a Collector's Edition with awesome goodies... I weally weally weally want it...

Last edited:
I think this is the other "smaller project" CDPR is working on. They aren't stupid, they know players want this and they know it will easily sale 10+ million. The witcher 1 using witcher 3's engine alone will get people all giddy inside, but of course CDPR won't stop there. We know they'll bring back all the voice actors and redo everything and add in more content. This is CDPR, not EA.

immessingaround;n10197212 said:
I think this is the other "smaller project" CDPR is working on. They aren't stupid, they know players want this and they know it will easily sale 10+ million. The witcher 1 using witcher 3's engine alone will get people all giddy inside, but of course CDPR won't stop there. We know they'll bring back all the voice actors and redo everything and add in more content. This is CDPR, not EA.

If they'd make that happen, I'd buy multiple copies and gift them to all my friends...

warbaby2;n10300192 said:
If they'd make that happen, I'd buy multiple copies and gift them to all my friends...

I would buy 2 copies: 1 for play & 1 for display. Just like the books. I'm getting another set of books just for display.

A humble request to remaster whole witcher 1

I loved witcher as a game,as a movie, as a symphony. I will really love playing witcher 1 with new engine in PC, but keeping the main theme of witcher 1 same.
I don't know if this is possible, but it will really be a experience of a life time.

Last edited:
n4nirmal09;n10307642 said:
I loved witcher as a game,as a movie, as a symphony. I will really love playing witcher 1 with new engine in PC, but keeping the main theme of witcher 1 same.
I don't know if this is possible, but it will really be a experience of a life time.

Remaking W1 wouldn't be that hard... sure, Vizima and und the surrounding lands would have to be made pretty much from scratch, but many W3 models and the voice acting/music could be reused. All in all, W1 wasn't much bigger then Novigrad and roughly half of Velen, with much fewer quests and points of interest. Pity the Red tools 3 never came out as they were supposed to, or some people would sure already have remade W1 by now.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about, great work! Some of the models could use a little touching up (hard to imagine the characters and location haven't changed at all over 2 years) but other then that, this already looks very professional... damn, now I want to replay the original like that even more. :D

Last edited:

Unfortunately, the guy said that he will not be makin' the Witcher 1 in it's entirety using this mod. Sad really.
After seeing that, I wish that one day CDPR will do something similiar and officially release a Trilogy Edition.
Can you even imagine the global reaction to something like that!?..... And with the release of the the Trilogy Edition,
Witcher 4 is officially announced! A double whamy like that... Yeah I like that. I like that a lot!

qOjOp;n10312932 said:

Unfortunately, the guy said that he will not be makin' the Witcher 1 in it's entirety using this mod. Sad really.
After seeing that, I wish that one day CDPR will do something similiar and officially release a Trilogy Edition.
Can you even imagine the global reaction to something like that!?..... And with the release of the the Trilogy Edition,
Witcher 4 is officially announced! A double whamy like that... Yeah I like that. I like that a lot!

Well, without actually creating new areas, that's about all you could do with what assets are there... Honestly, I would be ok with a remake of W1 for starters, W2 still holds up quite good, and I dunno if it would profit off a W3 makeover as much as W1 would.

qOjOp;n10312932 said:

Ya, I chatted with that mod creator on NexusMods and even donated to him via paypal for his work on that FANTASTIC W1 prologue re-build in W3's engine. If only he had the ability to create maps and enemies, he'd be able to do a full remake, but just doesn't have the modding tools to do it. :(

Don't know where else to talk about this, but earlier (today) they posted this tweet and this was the first thought I kinda had.

Last edited:
Aditya;n10670561 said:
Don't know where else to talk about this, but earlier (today) they posted this tweet and this was the first thought I kinda had.

:D Ya, probably just alluding to the Soulcaliber game that Geralt is apparently going to be a character in. I would love it to hear a new Witcher game announced. :)

Top Bottom