The Ultimate Witcher 4 Thread

+

Do you think there might be The Witcher 4 after Cyberpunk?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

• No response

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, gameplay and graphics should both be good, if the gameplay isn't good enough even if the game is beautiful, it'll be awful. But they always conciliate both, so I'm pretty confident.

I would love to be able to play as Geralt again. I really do...

Last edited:
I would be even more happy, if they let us play as the main character as Ciri, it was really fun to play with her in Witcher 3 and her moves were majestic and badass.

First, please make Witcher 4! Second, please make Witcher 4 have OPTIONAL local co-op/ two player functionality (NOT online multiplayer). I have watched my boyfriend play through the game, love the story, and it would be great to play along with him! Also, it's difficult to find decent co-op games lately, I believe that would be a great selling point (for a game that's already awesome☺).

Last edited:
I'm not against that as long as it can be played single player as well.
It would be interesting to play a certain 'Battle' of W3 with 2 players.
Or even just killing the poor rats attacking Keira.

Cyberpunk 2077 takes more than 5 years to develop because they are using their new engine called Red Engine 4 which is what CP77 will use, so if they finished with CP77, they require less time to develop Witcher 4 because their new engine is ready to go. With that being said, both games will use the same engine

I would be even more happy, if they let us play as the main character as Ciri, it was really fun to play with her in Witcher 3 and her moves were majestic and badass.
would be cool, considering 80% of the main storyline in Witcher 3 is Geralt finding Ciri, i just hope the next Witcher game isn't a prequel because i really missed the characters like Zoltan, Dandelion, Roche, Lambert, Eskel, etc.
but to be honest, i really like Eskel to be the main Protagonist in the next Witcher game (sequel) and keeping the Characters again, i really missed them alot.
A Prequel should be in the expansion packs

would be cool, considering 80% of the main storyline in Witcher 3 is Geralt finding Ciri, i just hope the next Witcher game isn't a prequel because i really missed the characters like Zoltan, Dandelion, Roche, Lambert, Eskel, etc.
but to be honest, i really like Eskel to be the main Protagonist in the next Witcher game (sequel) and keeping the Characters again, i really missed them alot.
A Prequel should be in the expansion packs

Actually, you're right, Zoltan, Dandelion, Keira Metz, all those characters contributed a lot for the developing of the personality of Geralt, so I think it was a good idea to focus on another Witcher character, hope we see that (if possible).

Hello, many of us are wondering what should be the new Witcher or something new or related saga with The Witcher. You know what it is enough to read how many votes the CD Project took for granted, that in additions to The Witcher 3, there were so few threads with characters from the stand. Only at the end of the supplement in Blood and Wine comes, Ciri (Empress or The Witcher) Yen, Triss or Dandilion depending on the choices in the stand and that's it. There was also a letter from Yen or a change about Ciri. That's why I am of the opinion and think that the new Witcher should have a new character but with the possibility of visiting characters known to us. Someone will say why, but the imagination works for us, I am of the opinion that quite new adventures without the possibility of meeting Triss, Ciri, Yen or Geralt were for many readers reading books about The Witcher or playing the game from 1 unbearable part.

Unfortunately, but we do, we get used to certain characters from the games. The Gothica example is here. Many could not imagine Gothica's adventures without permanent friends like Diego, Lester, Milten or Gorn because they thought that playing without them was not the same. It would be the same here and I am sure about it.That's why I think the story of The Witcher 4 should take place after the events of 3 and the decisions we made in the three can be binding in The Witcher 4 on the principle of Save from The Witcher 2 to 3 where as we gave the life of Letho then we meet him in The Witcher 3 and help us in Kaer Morhen. For example, after Vesemir's death and Geralt's retreat to Retirement, the other Witchers decide to rebuild Kaer Morhen, but a new deadly threat threatening all Witnesses falls on them. That is why the new Witcher sets off in the known lands to deal with evil. And for example, you can meet characters known from books or the Witcher in the game during the game.

For example, the new Witcher learns that Geralt, who can play in the game as an NPC for which tasks can be performed, may help him in the matter of a new threat. And who can appear as a playable character like Ciri in The Witcher 3. And goes on a search for Geralt who depending on the player in The Witcher 3 lives somewhere far away from Yen or Triss or himself. And we would visit eg the famous Geralt Vineyards where it would turn out that he is not there and that he lives somewhere with Triss or Yenn, or himself far from all troubles, leading a life like a normal person. And if in our game Ciri became Empress then we meet her as Empress and we talk about her stuck Father, that is Gerald, we learn History of war with the Wild Gonem and so on. Or we meet Ciri as the Witch who took command of Kaer Morhen (which Vesemir and Geralt wanted) and she sent us to fight the new threat. Be through the whole game, we learn something about the Witcher's daughter and here the creator in choosing the player from part 3 when Ciri died according to The Witcher.

They could decide if she actually died or maybe she survived and we'll find out about it in some final chapter of the game and maybe even meet her as she survived or will only be a memory. I quoted such a feature outline because the creators showed in The Witcher 3 from the Witcher 2 choice if you have Save are well implanted into The Witcher 3 as the case with Letho for example. Or you can solve it like in 3 if you do not have Save by choosing in the options of the game as we start the adventure or by answering a few questions about the action taken in The Witcher 3.Because I am convinced that many of us would not like to part with the characters we know and many would want to meet them in the new part of The Witcher, so that this great game from 1 to 3 made us really live with characters from these parts and it would be difficult to start something from scratch with question marks in the back of what Geralt, Ciri, Yen, Criss and even Jaskier or Zoltan are doing. That's why the new Witcher is even with a new story and a new main character but with the possibility of visiting old locations and finding characters that are familiar to us.

What did you thinik that will be nice when CD Project continue story with new character but with possible to meet all main characters from Witcher 3 and see how they going??? or maybe doing new missions with them???

Hope its not an open world. I know that's the trend, but it really boils down to a gimmick. After one or two playthroughs, all open worlds shrink, the illusion game devs used have been seen through. I'd rather see small, detailed world spaces again.

The advantage of the book end is a definitive end, from which to begin something new, if they want to do a new story with new characters. The Wild Hunt endings are irreconcilable, but that doesn't have to stop cdpr from choosing one. They will have to make up new stuff anyway.

The Witcher 4 might take place so far away or in the future, that the endings don't matter as much as in a direct sequel. Or it might be set in the distant past, when humans were colonizing and monsters were everywhere. Witcher George could be a great player character, but making my own witcher would be awesome too.

A sequel to the books could even be set in Camelot, or follow Ciri as she wanders other fairytales and legends, after Sir Galahad is raptured by angels, but would be confusing for people who only know the games, and who aren't to speed on Arthurian cycles. Cirilla's finally happy with Sir Galahad, a man who doesn't just want her for her powers or prophetic uterus. If cdpr want to continue Ciri's story, but don't feel like choosing a game ending, its the easiest choice to make and happiest for her. The downside is the game trilogy doesn't happen without taking liberties.

Taking the endings from the games, Cirilla's either empress of Nilfgaard, or the North win, and she's either a witcher or presumed dead. As empress, she's expected to have a son, and her grandson is supposed to conquer the whole world. As a witcheress, she wanders the world(s) alone, staying ahead of the Lodge, possibly Avallac'h, Emhyr, or the northern kings after her womb - fighting off abductors and what's left of the monsters for survival.

So any of these endings could be good, if cdpr want to keep the continuity about Ciri. Personally, I want something new. No more Ciri or prophesies, that story is closed to me. The games made Geralt the hero for awhile, but ultimately she's the hero in The Wild Hunt too. So I'd like something less narrative-driven, and more about witchering, either set in the distant past, or in another land entirely.

/my two cents

I for myself want a story looooong before the events of the books. To be said, "shortly" after the Conjunction of the Spheres. Many monsters/creatures everywhere, there are not many big towns in which you can search for shelter. The time the witchers were made (300 years before te events of the books).
You create your own Witcher, choosing your school (which will make up your starting fighting skllis and specializations) and maybe (even if it is against the lore) you can choose your sex and race. The way you choose your school will make up your tutorial (but only little differences) which is your training, a short time [young, teenager, training etc.] then you go into the world and hunt for monsters, get contracts etc.

It is another world, not like "Geralt's time". In most parts of the world the witchers are very welcomed, cause you are needed. A great, but secondary quest part is, learning about the monsters/creatures. What I want to say, you fight the monsters, you have to find out and learn, how to fight them, what are their weak points. You will help to gather infomation and fill books with it. Books which are later read by people like Vesemir to his young witchers. Also the potions are not there so far. They have to be invented. Maybe (only maybe) even the important use of silver isn't known yet and you have to find out.

No idea what way it will go for such a game: Open world like - You clear out a landscape of monsters and a village can settle down there etc.

But those are all (mainly) secondary stuff.

Main quest (it has to be something like that) something political. As before your protagonsit will stumble without purose in some problems, or even wants to do so, cause of money or stuff. Some mayor of a village make an offer to "not" kill a monster, so another village will be in danger etc.
Or you are hired by a king and have to help him. Maybe you get so deep into political issues, that you are the reason for the codex, that a witcher have to be always neutral.

Just a couple of ideas.

As you can read, I don' want a game playing after WItcher 3, and I don't want to play a known person. Even if Eskel and Lambert are great portraited. The best characters CDPR made, are the ones they created by their own: Philipp Strenger, Cerys, Olgierd, Dettlaff, Oriana, Iris. So I want to see a whole world with new characters. Maybe some small cameos, like Ortolan, maybe an elve (cause they live long) or a sorcerer (who can be there in Geralt's time cause s/he starts using Ortolan's mandrake elixir.
And because it is an "early" time CDPR can use more and more monsters. Creatures that are long extinct in "Geralt's time".
And you can use the conflict with the humans who are "new" at trhe continent and the wars against the elves and you in the middle... or after the war, when the humans built their cities in the old elve cities, or in the ruins of the former elve cities.

Or the story is set a bit later, while the (magic) chapter is built etc.
The past give so many points to start a game ;)

Was post conjunction like Hyborea for mankind? I mean was it sword and sorcery back then, or always medieval for humans.

Last edited:
This quote from the CEO on the previous page does not suggest it would be a Ciri sequel in my opinion, since that would be another part of the same story.

There won't be The Witcher 4, as another part of the story, because this story was finished. However (...) we bought (and own) the rights for The Witcher, so it's hard to imagine that after investing 15 years of our lives and tens of millions of dollars into promoting it, we would just forget about it. I mean the fans and investors alike would not forgive us for doing so. But first we need to come up with some really cool idea for it.

Top Bottom